• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

MJK x SF Hoodie...

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Saucemaster
For a second I read "Travolta-like" there. I was appalled, mostly because while I wasn't sure which of his movies you were referencing, I was pretty sure I never wanted any of my clothing to remind anyone of any of them.
Really??

wk-BATTLEFIELD.jpg

denimaddict

Reaction score
I like the idea of 1" blue-greyish buttons, and instead of a toggle (we're talking the top here, right?) maybe two buttons

Mr Sola

Reaction score
Originally Posted by denimaddict
I like the idea of 1" blue-greyish buttons, and instead of a toggle (we're talking the top here, right?) maybe two buttons

I agree, how about 1" buttons on the body and 3/4" on the throat?

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ken
This will be settled with pistols at dawn. Your lawn or mine?
You've seen my lawn. Congrats on being the next Raymond Burr.
Originally Posted by Saucemaster
I will be ken's second. I am all in favor of minimally-contrasting tonal buttons.
*****. I'm not saying these buttons should be hot pink or neon green, but if I decide to wear this hoodie while keeping things monochromatic (black oxfords, Finns, black/grey/white shirt) the buttons would be the points of color in the b/w photo. Copper (read: non-grey) buttons would keep this jacket looking like everything else already out there. I could compromise and go grey/silver/black base buttons with some sort of contrasting highlight, but hey, do I look like a ******* democracy to you?
Originally Posted by Mr Sola
I agree, how about 1" buttons on the body and 3/4" on the throat?
Sounds great. With flaps, of course.

cloudhands69

Reaction score
I want one. Charcoal would be the color I'd pick so I'm glad that's the one you're going with.
I like the metal buttons, or black buttons. No toggles or wood.
Diagonal pockets with flaps
2 button neck closure with smaller sized buttons

michaeljkrell

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ThomeLoire
I vote for snaps instead of buttons.
Unfortunately, snaps and the heavy thermal won't work well together. They will end up just ripping off... I talked to Colby a little more tonight and we both thought that perhaps the buttons should be a little smaller, like 3/4" to make it a little less trendy and give it more life... Are there any serious objections to this? We also thought that welted diagonal pockets w/out flaps would work the best because it will be less bulky. Can we get a general consensus that diagonal welted pockets w/out flaps will be sufficient?

Chadley

Reaction score
Originally Posted by michaeljkrell
Can we get a general consensus that diagonal welted pockets w/out flaps will be sufficient?

That would have been my first choice.

slipgun

Reaction score
I'm partial to 1" plain metal buttons myself, ambivalent about whether I'd buy with more regular buttons.

Yes to no flaps.

ThomeLoire

Reaction score
Pockets sound good, I will make due with the buttons mentioned no doubt. All sounds do able.

Mr Sola

Reaction score

shellshock

Forum Mascot
Reaction score
button3.jpg

YES PLZ

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads