• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

MJK x SF Hoodie...

michaeljkrell

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There seems to be quite a bit of demand for the style hoodie (shown below) that was in the "Nice Hoodie" thread, so we are going to be doing a MJKxSF hoodie...
korea.jpg
These are our plans so far... We are making it out of 13oz organic cotton thermal in charcoal...
cthermal.jpg
With these buttons coated nylon buttons. There will be a button high on the neckline (or low on the hood; however you want to think of it)
leatherbuttons.jpg
chain1big.jpg
chain2big.jpg
Here are some closeup pics...
chain5big.jpg
chain6big.jpg
chain7big.jpg
chain8big.jpg
chain9big.jpg

Arethusa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'd be curious abouteither patch pockets or horizontal welt pockets. The vertical pockets seem both feminine and fairly non-functional in something like that, even with a heavier-ish weight fabric.

eelnosnor

Reaction score
Looks awesome, i would def buy but i'm just a junior in high school and i hate asking my parents for money. If it was around $90-ish I would def. buy!

michaeljkrell

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I agree. The first thing I thought of when I saw the garment is those long sweater/jackets that woman wear all the time. Different pockets would do well to change that...

poly800rock

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i def want this. but i can't do metal buttons..........the 2nd color is better imo

Stazy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think horizontal pockets would give the hoodie a cardigan feel that I don't really want. That being said, if you do go the horizontal route, I think I would prefer welted.

progressiveminded

Reaction score
Yes, depending on the cost of course.

I don't think that I would like cardigan-esque pockets on this piece. I'd be interested to see a mock-up with diagonal pockets.

ThomeLoire

Reaction score
Yes, though I agree on the change of pockets / buttons. Prefer charcoal to green.

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I like the charcoal. Honestly, with patch pockets, this would be killer.

Arethusa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How heavy is the fabric? I'm just curious because if you could find something suitably heavy (maybe heavier) and durable, it's make an interesting jacket with different pockets and some lining.

Stazy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Arethusa
How heavy is the fabric? I'm just curious because if you could find something suitably heavy (maybe heavier) and durable, it's make an interesting jacket with different pockets and some lining.
Originally Posted by michaeljkrell
This is our plans so far. To make it out of 13oz organic cotton thermal in charcoal and/or evergreen...
Aso, I forgot to mention that I want it in charcoal.

Chadley

Reaction score
Definite yes from me, although I'm still unsure as to which fabric.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 81 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 83 37.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.4%

Forum statistics

Threads