• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Engineered Garments Fall/Winter 07

Casual

Reaction score
Normally not a fan of duffle coats, but that one looks great. Sad to see no one in NYC is carrying it. The suit is nice too. Thanks for the photos!

anothergreenworld

Reaction score
Originally Posted by timpoblete
irbe The jacket looks good and I can't wait to see it in person whenever, if ever, Bloomies puts it out. They haven't anything on display yet.

Bloomingdales said they are getting EG stuff this week.

evilgeniusdan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by drink8648
FYI........I now have one size small left in the Wool Bedford. Gary
Meh, my prepubescent teenage girl body needs to gain some girth.

Tonybag0dohnutz

Reaction score
Does American Rag still have any of the sale stuff left and do they ship out? I think I'm gonna give them a call later and see if they have any of the SS Bedford's left.

anothergreenworld

Reaction score
Went to MAC today. They're still expecting the Andover suit Thursday. I asked what else, and didn't receive a sure answer-probably Norfolks. They still have the Grey and brown Herringbone Bedford in Mediums. The brown is actually quite impressive. Mac also has the hunting cap but they didn't have the brown glen plaid (the one I wanted) in Large, although they had it in medium and the grey herringbone cap in Large. They have the Fishing Jacket ($388), Chesterfield, Black Cord Bedford, a wide leg jeans, a basic slim jeans, a lot of corduroy jeans in two different weights. I saw the Binocular shirt. By the way, anyone who wants stuff from Spring/Summer, they still have the Green Engineer's Jacket in Large and a number of Fall/Winter '06 Cord Norfolks with the 5 pockets and leather buttons. They also have a lot workshirts/ Oxford BD shirts, least season's shirt jackets with the hidden pockets but I didn't see the new twill workshirts. Bloomingdales has received two pieces which they are not putting out until they get the rest of their stuff, and make space for displays. They didn't say what they had or what they're expecting. Really windy today. Oh yeah, I fit into a large comfortably in the Grey Norfolks but the Brown Bedford in medium was perfect. My 38" chest, broad shoulders, slightly big arms, with an undershirt and long sleeve jersey on fit into it perfectly.

young7777

Reaction score
Does MAC have the Grey Herringbone Bedford in small? What is the price range? thanks a bunch...
worship.gif

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by young7777
Does MAC have the Grey Herringbone Bedford in small? What is the price range?
No idea, but Gary just wrote four posts above your own that he still has one for sale.

young7777

Reaction score
Yeah I saw Gary's post above. But since I am living at Bay area and I would like to try it at MAC (if they have one in small) before making the purchase. Thanks anyway for the response.

Originally Posted by robin
No idea, but Gary just wrote four posts above your own that he still has one for sale.

anothergreenworld

Reaction score
Originally Posted by young7777
Yeah I saw Gary's post above. But since I am living at Bay area and I would like to try it at MAC (if they have one in small) before making the purchase. Thanks anyway for the response.
I didn't ask about other sizes unfortunately. You should call them and find out. They're very nice to deal with over the phone. I always call ahead before I go to a boutique if I'm looking for anything in particular. Price range is steep. Wool Bedfords are at $428 + $36 tax. It's two blocks next to the Symphony, if that tells you anything.

young7777

Reaction score
Originally Posted by anothergreenworld
I didn't ask about other sizes unfortunately. You should call them and find out. They're very nice to deal with over the phone. I always call ahead before I go to a boutique if I'm looking for anything in particular.

Price range is steep. Wool Bedfords are at $428 + $36 tax. It's two blocks next to the Symphony, if that tells you anything.

Thank you. I will check it out this weekend as well as the new Barney in San Francisco. My wallet is going to be bleeding ...

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Has anyone heard from Active Endeavors about the delivery date of their shipment yet? Their customer service is pretty much lacking by phone and email.

bsyde82

Reaction score
Originally Posted by anothergreenworld
I didn't ask about other sizes unfortunately. You should call them and find out. They're very nice to deal with over the phone. I always call ahead before I go to a boutique if I'm looking for anything in particular.

Price range is steep. Wool Bedfords are at $428 + $36 tax. It's two blocks next to the Symphony, if that tells you anything.

any idea if they charge sales tax if you order via phone? i live in seattle....

dusty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by robin
Has anyone heard from Active Endeavors about the delivery date of their shipment yet? Their customer service is pretty much lacking by phone and email.

I called the one in Chicago. All they could tell me was they'd call me when it comes in.

Drinkwaters

OG
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bsyde82
any idea if they charge sales tax if you order via phone? i live in seattle....
If you make a purchase from another state that you do not live in and the item is sent to you, you should not be charged their sales tax. This should also apply to purchases that you make while visiting another state and have that item shipped to you. Gary By the way, I hope everybody is enjoying their Bedfords. I'm a bit bummed though, for I forgot to save one for myself.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads