• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Least Expensive Cars To Drive - Forbes.com ...

cmeisenzahl

Reaction score
Least Expensive Cars To Drive - Forbes.com
"Want a luxury car without the luxury cost?

Then opting for the Lexus RX400h might be a good call. It costs $41,895, and is estimated to set you back an additional $12,091 over five years.

That number may sound steep, but in relative terms, it's not."
http://www.forbes.com/2007/08/27/car..._0828cars.html

odoreater

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So much for BMW's claim that there cars are less expensive to own than other luxury cars.

DNW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I call BS on the methodology. Who knows what goes into it.

DMcG

Reaction score
If the price of fuel is a major component of this (as the article states) it seems a little silly to run this right before the 2008 models with revised EPA ratings come out.

Artisan Fan

Suitsupply-sider
Reaction score
Excellent...more rational for my upcoming Porsche Cayman purchase.
smile.gif

Violinist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Artisan, do you mean the Cayenne? We want to get the hybrid which comes out next year.

Artisan Fan

Suitsupply-sider
Reaction score
No. I meant Cayman, the sports car, not the SUV. Quick and mid-engined.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
But who wants to drive that particular Lexus? I always see 50 something blonde women, with their hair sprayed to the hardness of high carbon steel, bowl cut with the slight flip, Ann Taylor or similar outfit holding in their folds, yacking on their cell phones driving that rig. Somehow I always imagine they're selling real estate.

Brian278

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Piobaire
But who wants to drive that particular Lexus? I always see 50 something blonde women, with their hair sprayed to the hardness of high carbon steel, bowl cut with the slight flip, Ann Taylor or similar outfit holding in their folds, yacking on their cell phones driving that rig. Somehow I always imagine they're selling real estate.
Same here. And yeah, they are selling real estate.

jkennett

Reaction score
I'm also a fan of the Cayman that Artisan is keen on purchasing. It seems to be one of the better driving experiences attainable at that cost. It certainly is much more impressive than the Boxster, which I absolutely am not a fan of. The only thing I like about the Cayenne is that it's making a ton of cash for Porsche that they can in turn pump into their R&D for new models. I certainly would not buy a Cayenne, as it's one of those "street suv's" that I'd never take off the road. In the SUV category, I'd like to see a more fuel-efficient MB G500. My $.02.

DNW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jkennett
I certainly would not buy a Cayenne, as it's one of those "street suv's" that I'd never take off the road. In the SUV category, I'd like to see a more fuel-efficient MB G500. My $.02.

99% of the people who buy luxury SUVs will never take them off-road. When was the last time you saw an VW, Audi, BMW, Land Rover or MB taken off road? The only legitimate off-road SUV from a luxury brand was the Defender 90 from a while back. They don't make it anymore for a reason.

dkzzzz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DarkNWorn
99% of the people who buy luxury SUVs will never take them off-road. When was the last time you saw an VW, Audi, BMW, Land Rover or MB taken off road? The only legitimate off-road SUV from a luxury brand was the Defender 90 from a while back. They don't make it anymore for a reason.
I don't know where you live but here on East Coast, it is off-road all-the-time.
Have you ever been to Boston? Here, we don't have roads., we have sporadic patches of asphalt thrown around to cover what used to be a road surface.
I have been to third-world countries with better roads. So yes SUV is very appropriate vehicle for the East Coast due to horrible roads condition.

DNW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dkzzzz
I don't know where you live but here on East Coast, it is off-road all-the-time.
Have you ever been to Boston? Here, we don't have roads., we have sporadic patches of asphalt thrown around to cover what used to be a road surface.
I have been to third-world countries with better roads. So yes SUV is very appropriate vehicle for the East Coast due to horrible roads condition.

Don't get me started on Comm. Ave. and Storrow Drive. I almost got into an accident going eastbound on Storrow under the downtown exist overpass because of a pothole the size of a couch. I did, on another night, lose a $700 rim and punctured my AC Schnitzer exhaust ($1,800) going northbound on Rt. 99 when I hit a pothole the size of a living room. #$(*&#$$#(*. The funny thing was, I drove all the way from DC to Boston that day without a single incident.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 45 40.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 44 39.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 18 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 25 22.5%

Forum statistics

Threads