• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New non-raw Jeans...please help

Omar1223

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have been on the forum for a month and now, its pretty sweet and there are a lot of really smart people here.

I want a new pair of quality straight leg jeans that I can wear everyday but dont want raw denim. I just want to buy a pair of jeans and start wearing them. These jeans are going to be for everyday use not like "going out" jeans or anything. I want to keep the price around $150-200. I dont like my jeans tight at all but dont want them to be loose either. If anyone could help me out with some suggestions, I would really appreciate it.

Also, I had another question about brands. I have read on the forums here that people hate Seven for all Mankind, but what about the other brands like Diesel, Citizens, Rock and Republic, True Religion and Lucky Brand. How do people feel about these brands and is there anyone that is actually worth the money?

Thanks again for all of your help.

ghulkhan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
nice you named your handle after a club,

anyways those brands are not going to get any love either they are not all that great quality, the fading is absolutely ridiculous, and usually tools where those jeans

Diesel is probably the only one with decent or good quality on that list but theyre branding is over the top so no love from this forum or sufu. If you dont want raw denim, you can by one wash jeans which are basically jeans that have been washed once so theres no fading. Or you can buy pre-faded denim but the ones you should stick to if you want to stick by this forum and your price range are Earnest Sewn or 5ep.
There are a boat load of other brands that make one wash but I think youre more of a pre fade person.

Omar1223

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ghulkhan
There are a boat load of other brands that make one wash but I think youre more of a pre fade person.

thanks a lot for your help. i should have made it clear but i actually like jeans with little or no fading. could you please give me your brand recommendations for the one wash jeans?

ken

Banned by Request
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Omar1223
thanks a lot for your help. i should have made it clear but i actually like jeans with little or no fading. could you please give me your brand recommendations for the one wash jeans?

Raw jeans can be turned into rinsed jeans pretty easily. I'll give you one guess as to how it's done.

DGP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Omar1223

I think that most (if not all) of Rag & Bone's jeans are o/w. Earnest Sewn does some as well. If you fit RB, I'd say go for those, as they are really nice (however if you're tall and thin you might have some trouble). 5EP does a o/w version as well, and these are pretty sweet. As far as the brands you mentioned, 7fam, RR, and Citizens are all alright jeans (not great, or worth the retail price), and have mostly gotten a bad rap because of who wears them (if you are a club owner look no further than your floor, lol). I'd say Diesel still does some nice stuff, their denim wears well, and they can be had relatively inexpensively. In DC, why not just stop by either (or both) of the Denim Bar stores?

Omar1223

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
hey dgp thanks man, yea i just realized that the Denim Bar was in dc. i had no idea before and i def plan to stop by there and check them out. anyone else's help will be greatly appreciated.

NoVaguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Earnest Sewn Fulton Line Dry 50.

Only negative is that the one wash is "wrinkly", to use a word. Denimbar has them, at least in their online store. But it's worth it to go in and buy from them.

http://www.denimbaronline.com/store/...PARTMENT_ID=38

I have these and like them, but there are tons of alternatives out there.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads