• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

first pair of "nice" jeans

dokelroth

Reaction score
My first pair of "nice" jeans were Rag and Bone. You could do worse.

seen

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Ott
um, that's obviously a girl.

Originally Posted by Stylin-1
Some of these guys don't get out much.

Nudie Jeans Slim Kim
The Slim Kim by Nudie is their most female-centric cut, while many men looking for an ultra-edgy slim cut tend to also fall in love with the Slim Kim. The very small percentage of Lycra makes these very comfortable, even when worn skin tight. A flattering cut makes these a great everyday jean that can be easily dressed up for a different look. A staple in the Nudie line-up, the Slim Kim is their "I am Sex" cut.

Disclaimer for below size chart: These jeans are made of raw denim, when washed, the denim will always shrink between 1.5" to 3" in length (inseam) and between 1" and 1.5" in waist size. Please keep this in mind when choosing your size. The denim will also stretch in the waist up to 1" after approximately 30 wears. Jeans marked with a tag displaying the names "Slim Kim", "Super Slim Kim", and "Low Slim Kim" are all refering to the same cut, The Slim Kim.

Some of these guys make comments before using their brains.

Joel_Cairo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kiya
The model wearing the Podoll tops is my fiance..

at the risk of seeming ungentlemanly, Hot-Daaaaaamn!

dhinggok

Reaction score
i'm looking for a plain, everyday, sturdy jean that won't be worn hard, basically for walking, sitting down, lounging. i want to emphasize that i want them to be sturdy, but not iron stiff like apc. the 3 candidates are:

1) nudie thin finn in dry
2) j brand clint in indigo
3) rag and bone rb 11 or rb 15

i'm 5'10 and 130 pounds. i have no ass. i want these jeans to just look like regular, slimmer, not tight, not loose, jeans on me. i've heard that the j brand jeans run skinnier for guys. well, i'm looking for opinions so please give them.

Double D

Reaction score
If you have no ass the low yoke on Thin Finns may well make you look like you've just shat yourself.

I'd give more consideration to the Slim Jim and Grim Tim for a more inoffensive slim cut.

kiya

Brand Representative
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dhinggok
i'm looking for a plain, everyday, sturdy jean that won't be worn hard, basically for walking, sitting down, lounging. i want to emphasize that i want them to be sturdy, but not iron stiff like apc. the 3 candidates are:

1) nudie thin finn in dry
2) j brand clint in indigo
3) rag and bone rb 11 or rb 15

i'm 5'10 and 130 pounds. i have no ass. i want these jeans to just look like regular, slimmer, not tight, not loose, jeans on me. i've heard that the j brand jeans run skinnier for guys. well, i'm looking for opinions so please give them.

You need the Iron Heart 634s... the fit is exactly what you're looking for and they're beyond sturdy yet not stiff at all.
http://www.selfedge.com/shop/index.p...roducts_id=205

mr.loverman

Reaction score
any other recommendations for my first pair of "nice" jeans under $200?

i want these to be a good investment that i will be just as happy wearing 2 years from now.

mr.loverman

Reaction score
so if i buy a raw/dry pair of indigo dyed jeans are they going to rub off and ruin furniture and t-shirts?

square wave

Reaction score
no. would everyone buy them if they did so? they can rub off if you rub your a$$ on white carpet or something, which has happend to me but nothing else really...

cd1076

Reaction score
You really can't go wrong with Nudie RR's especially if you're not skin and bones. That's what I bought for my first pair. Make sure you buy selvedge RR's because I bought a non-selvedge pair on accident and the difference is night and day. The Eternal 811's are nice but they fit a little more snug than I like and are more tapered than I'm used to.

DGP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by cd1076
Make sure you buy selvedge RR's because I bought a non-selvedge pair on accident and the difference is night and day.

I really don't think the selvage means anything, it's more a question of color (assuming you got RRDG). I just got some of the new Dry Japans, will report when they start to fade.

PG2G

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by square wave
no. would everyone buy them if they did so? they can rub off if you rub your a$$ on white carpet or something, which has happend to me but nothing else really...
This isn't entirely correct. There are jeans that will in fact rub off onto white shirts, shoes, car seats, etc... They don't all do it though, and some are worse than others.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads