• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

5EP x SF jean post pics

DNW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by amlai
These are size 29. I usually wear a 29, but I've never had a "skinny" jean before, so I'm not sure how I feel about it. Also, since these are raw (this is my first foray into raw), I'm worried that they're going to be too tight.

5epsfkm7.jpg

Is it just me or does it look like you have some serious wedgie going on?

amlai

Reaction score
Originally Posted by DarkNWorn
Is it just me or does it look like you have some serious wedgie going on?
Haha... I guess it does look like I have a wedgie... but in fact... no wedgie. I guess I'll have to remember to slouch them some....

Asch

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's hard to believe those are both 29s. The fit looks so different on the two of you, but you both look good. I'll post pics of my 29s when they arrive.
bigstar[1].gif

Brian SD

Reaction score
Guh I wish I could afford these.

Drizz you sized UP for those jeans? Looks like they had to be sewn together on your legs man.

Empire

Reaction score
Still undecided on what size to go for. My waist where my jeans sit measures 32.25" so i guess i should go for a size 31 as 30 maybe a little small ?

chronoaug

Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)
Reaction score
Wow. Amlai looks fantastic in those. The best fit i've seen so far (including the promo pics) Empire- What size do you normally wear jeans (what brands)? If you wear your jeans at or slightly above your hips and it measures 32.25, you'd probably want a 30 methinks. Don't worry as these things will stretch (or "grow"
tongue.gif
) if they're a bit tight. As much crap as Drizzt is getting, they're going to stretch and look perfect on him. He definitely got the right size (because he's a workout maniac).

amlai

Reaction score
Originally Posted by chronoaug
Wow. Amlai looks fantastic in those. The best fit i've seen so far (including the promo pics)

Thanks. I'm glad everyone feels that they look good. I'm a bit of a noob when it comes to high end denim. Based on the measurements I saw, I thought they'd fit slightly looser. I'm just going to have to get used to the idea of jeans being this snug. The denim really is absolutely fantastic. I think my sorahikos are going to suddenly get less of my attention.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chronoaug
Wow. Amlai looks fantastic in those. The best fit i've seen so far (including the promo pics)

Empire- What size do you normally wear jeans (what brands)? If you wear your jeans at or slightly above your hips and it measures 32.25, you'd probably want a 30 methinks. Don't worry as these things will stretch (or "grow"
tongue.gif
) if they're a bit tight. As much crap as Drizzt is getting, they're going to stretch and look perfect on him. He definitely got the right size (because he's a workout maniac).

I'll agree with this advice. Those are about my measurements. Sauce and I size up because we like a slouchy fit, and because we both have fairly developed runners legs, but if you don't want that, you should go with the size 30, and allow them to stretch, which they will.

Empire

Reaction score
Originally Posted by LA Guy
I'll agree with this advice. Those are about my measurements. Sauce and I size up because we like a slouchy fit, and because we both have fairly developed runners legs, but if you don't want that, you should go with the size 30, and allow them to stretch, which they will.

Thanks for the advice guys. Chrono i wear a 30 in nudie straight sven and a 29 in apc new standard. They both fit slim / regular after stretch. The only thing that worrys me is how tight the 5eps looked on saucemasters calfs and also the leg opening looked really small.

Saucemaster

Sized Down 2
Reaction score
I've always thought of myself as having scrawny calves. I guess all those calf raises actually work. Who knew?

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Empire
Thanks for the advice guys. Chrono i wear a 30 in nudie straight sven and a 29 in apc new standard. They both fit slim / regular after stretch. The only thing that worrys me is how tight the 5eps looked on saucemasters calfs and also the leg opening looked really small.

Hmmm, you may want to go with a 31 then. I can hook you up.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads