• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

MS Office 2007 for $60 for college students

DNW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just bought the Office 2007 suite from MS for $60. It includes Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Access, Visio, etc. It's certainly the cheapest I've ever seen Office for the education market. So, if you're a student and don't feel like stealing software, get yourself some. It's almost too cheap at this price to not get it. You'll need an edu e-mail and, if requested later, proof of enrollment (i.e. student ID).

http://www.theultimatesteal.com/home.asp

Enjoy.

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DarkNWorn
I just bought the Office 2007 suite from MS for $60. It includes Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Access, Visio, etc. It's certainly the cheapest I've ever seen Office for the education market. So, if you're a student and don't feel like stealing software, get yourself some. It's almost too cheap at this price to not get it. You'll need an edu e-mail and, if requested later, proof of enrollment (i.e. student ID).

http://www.theultimatesteal.com/home.asp

Enjoy.

it's worth it for OneNote alone. Since I started using it I keep finding new ways to make use of it. Awesome program.

ghulkhan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A note taking feature like OneNote was built into Word for Mac a long time ago. The MS Office had a bunch of features for Mac that werent on Windows. Im sure thats changing though.

If you have a Mac though I would rather just buy iWork for 39 dollars. All the programs in iWork seem to be better...

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ghulkhan
A note taking feature like OneNote was built into Word for Mac a long time ago. The MS Office had a bunch of features for Mac that werent on Windows. Im sure thats changing though.

If you have a Mac though I would rather just buy iWork for 39 dollars. All the programs in iWork seem to be better...

mac people have such big inferiority complexes. Even when nobody mentions mac, they come barging in to threads saying "mac can do that too!"

DNW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by GQgeek
it's worth it for OneNote alone. Since I started using it I keep finding new ways to make use of it. Awesome program.

+1. I've been using it for a few years now. The only thing that bugs me is that it still doesn't have a Replace function like in Word [Ctrl + H].

Originally Posted by designprofessor
I'm using 2007 Powerpoint as we speak and it sucks, so $60 may be too much.

Is it different from previous PowerPoint versions?

Brian278

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ghulkhan
A note taking feature like OneNote was built into Word for Mac a long time ago. The MS Office had a bunch of features for Mac that werent on Windows. Im sure thats changing though. If you have a Mac though I would rather just buy iWork for 39 dollars. All the programs in iWork seem to be better...
Whether they work better or not (and the general consensus is that at least Keynote does) the Microsoft Office suite still owns American business. As a college student, if you are going to do any exchanging of files or work on a project involving them in a group (and if you are in any from of business classes, you likely will at some point) you need Office, period.

xkmasada

Reaction score
I'd pay $60 to have Office 2007 uninstalled from my company machine and replaced with Office 2003. Office 2007 is a disgrace to UI design. Most of the tricks and muscle memory shortcuts that I've memorized for the past 10 years don't work any more.

Thank goodness you can install free utilities that restore the good old memory bar - but even those aren't perfect.

migo

Reaction score
or you can find a friend with a volume lisence version of office 2007 and install it on ur computer...more legal than stealing
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

DNW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by migo
or you can find a friend with a volume lisence version of office 2007 and install it on ur computer...more legal than stealing
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

And by "friend," you mean bittorrent?
laugh.gif
I've just finished with my upgrade. So far, I like it. It seems more intuitive than 2003 version. But I can see how it can make useless all the shortcuts you've learned over the years. Ultimately, it's inevitable. Upgrade now, or upgrade later.

ghulkhan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
mac people have such big inferiority complexes. Even when nobody mentions mac, they come barging in to threads saying "mac can do that too!"

I was just trying to help. Its not my fault Mac OS and iWork are superior to Windows and Office

migo

Reaction score
Originally Posted by DarkNWorn
And by "friend," you mean bittorrent?
laugh.gif

I've just finished with my upgrade. So far, I like it. It seems more intuitive than 2003 version. But I can see how it can make useless all the shortcuts you've learned over the years. Ultimately, it's inevitable. Upgrade now, or upgrade later.

nope...my friends dad has a high computer position at pfizer...
laugh.gif

N. McKay

Reaction score

I usually think of it as more of a smug sense of superiority -- that's how I feel about my Mac anyway!
smile.gif

BDC2823

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Do the advantages of 07 warrant an upgrade over 03? I've been using 03 for awhile now and tried 07 a few months ago for a short time...work switched over to it for about a week but most of us didn't like it so we went back to 03 (it's a small company). 03 just seams to have everything that I would need while I didn't like the layout of 07. Does 07 have some features that are that beneficial that an upgrade from 03 is worthwhile?

DNW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by BDC2823
Do the advantages of 07 warrant an upgrade over 03? I've been using 03 for awhile now and tried 07 a few months ago for a short time...work switched over to it for about a week but most of us didn't like it so we went back to 03 (it's a small company). 03 just seams to have everything that I would need while I didn't like the layout of 07. Does 07 have some features that are that beneficial that an upgrade from 03 is worthwhile?

Office 07 feels much more intuitive to me. It might take a bit to get used to the GUI. But, you'll have to upgrade sooner or later. It's inevitable. So you might as well upgrade now.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads