• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Transparent Moderation Log & Site Topics - Part I

Status
Not open for further replies.

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Steve B.
Actually, Matt, it was called for by many members in the thread... Just doing my moderatic duty...
That thread had some of the worst posts in the history of Styleforum. I am unoffendable, and therefore enjoyed their presence, but I can understand why some of our more sensitive members might not have liked it.

Baron

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
now I'm sorry I never clicked that thread. Sometimes you don't know what you had until it's gone.

Stazy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DocHolliday
We're better off with the parking lot.
and tree museums!

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by iammatt
That thread had some of the worst posts in the history of Styleforum. I am unoffendable, and therefore enjoyed their presence, but I can understand why some of our more sensitive members might not have liked it.

Worse even than the plus-sized models thread? Wow. I think I caught some of the first posts but left it alone.

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Thomas
Worse even than the plus-sized models thread? Wow. I think I caught some of the first posts but left it alone.

That thread was a classic. As was the backdoor one.

Steve B.

Go Spurs Go
Reaction score
Homeless thread moved. 4 or 5 ad-hominem wars going on and IMO pretty much every possible opinion had been expressed.

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Homeless thread moved. 4 or 5 ad-hominem wars going on and IMO pretty much every possible opinion had been expressed.
While I think the new move towards tighter moderation is not a wholly bad thing (little girls thread etc), the deletion of threads in which there is nothing objectionable but, rather, some enormously asanine things are said by members has the unfortunate result of getting rid of some of the evidence of how truly stupid some of us can be. Comments?

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
While I think the new move towards tighter moderation is not a wholly bad thing (little girls thread etc), the deletion of threads in which there is nothing objectionable but, rather, some enormously asanine things are said by members has the unfortunate result of getting rid of some of the evidence of how truly stupid some of us can be.

Comments?

I have lamented the same thing from time to time. If the moderators judge that a thread is out of hand or has gone on too long, couldn't it just be locked?

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
While I think the new move towards tighter moderation is not a wholly bad thing (little girls thread etc), the deletion of threads in which there is nothing objectionable but, rather, some enormously asanine things are said by members has the unfortunate result of getting rid of some of the evidence of how truly stupid some of us can be.

Comments?

My experience has shown that as fast as said evidence is destroyed, newer evidence of stupidity makes it's way onto the forum.

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by edmorel
My experience has shown that as fast as said evidence is destroyed, newer evidence of stupidity makes it's way onto the forum.

its
boxing[1].gif

Steve B.

Go Spurs Go
Reaction score
Look guys, I don't know if it's a full moon, or everybody's cranky or on their period but moderating here these days is a difficult, thankless job.

But we do try to listen to our constituents, so if enough of you want me to move it back out and lock it I'll be happy to do so.

matadorpoeta

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Comments?

Originally Posted by Manton
I have lamented the same thing from time to time. If the moderators judge that a thread is out of hand or has gone on too long, couldn't it just be locked?

i agree. and why not simply delete individual posts that are objectionable rather than lock/delete the thread?

500 years from now a student at harvard will be doing a research paper on "early 21st century dandies and their attitudes toward the social issues of their day", and this student is going to be hard pressed to find anything on the internets because anything remotely controversial was squirreled away.

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Look guys, I don't know if it's a full moon, or everybody's cranky or on their period but moderating here these days is a difficult, thankless job.

But we do try to listen to our constituents, so if enough of you want me to move it back out and lock it I'll be happy to do so.

Nah, that one wasn't so exciting. I just miss the epic tale of the Mexicans storming the Asparagus Castle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads