• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Shoe Damage Report & Appreciation Central - Part I

Status
Not open for further replies.

texas_jack

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by edmorel
Are you talking about the shoes or us?

While most of us here are probably a little pretentious those boots are just too much. I can see some stockbroker from Conneticut driving around in his Rover wearing these pretending he's Edmund Hillary. In short; both.

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by texas_jack
While most of us here are probably a little pretentious those boots are just too much. I can see some stockbroker from Conneticut driving around in his Rover wearing these pretending he's Edmund Hillary. In short; both.
You can count me among the unpretentious.

A Harris

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by texas_jack

laugh.gif
I have a feeling you would not get along with the guy on London Lounge who was looking for a pith helmet to wear on his ranch.

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by A Harris
laugh.gif
I have a feeling you would not get along with the guy on London Lounge who was looking for a pith helmet to wear on his ranch.

What happened to that site? It has been taken over by Happy Stroller, Pith Helmit Guy and company
frown.gif

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Well, they have a thick rubber sole and if you waterproof them why couldn't you use them the same way you would timberlands? If they were reasonably priced, I think they would be awesome on a snowy day with slim fit flannel pants, a shirt and cardigan or something to that effect. Stylish, warm and appropriate for the weather, not sure how that would be pretentious. now, if I was walking around with them in dress shorts and knee high tube socks..........

A Harris

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
BTW, the shearling is not so thick on those Santoni's that they cannot be worn under jeans. So they would just look like sweet boots when worn, except warmer.

nioh

Reaction score
Originally Posted by edmorel
Well, they have a thick rubber sole and if you waterproof them why couldn't you use them the same way you would timberlands? If they were reasonably priced, I think they would be awesome on a snowy day with slim fit flannel pants, a shirt and cardigan or something to that effect. Stylish, warm and appropriate for the weather, not sure how that would be pretentious. now, if I was walking around with them in dress shorts and knee high tube socks..........

+1, I could definitely see myself wearing those during the colder months.

Originally Posted by DocHolliday
Funny, those are the ones I like best. The Scotney is nice, too, but probably not for me. The others ... eh.

No! You're wrong, they're all dull!
tounge.gif

Tarmac

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
whoa, nice EGs.

here's my latest addition, a lightly used Florsheim Cordovan. This pic is terrible, I will put up a better pic in daylight later. They look like they were worn maybe 5 times. This is one of my favorite ebay finds thus far and fills a hole in my lineup.

flor_cordo_plaintoe.JPG

tonylumpkin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Are they the ones that sat at $49.00 with no bids until the very end?

Originally Posted by Tarmac
whoa, nice EGs.

here's my latest addition, a lightly used Florsheim Cordovan. This pic is terrible, I will put up a better pic in daylight later. They look like they were worn maybe 5 times. This is one of my favorite ebay finds thus far and fills a hole in my lineup.

flor_cordo_plaintoe.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads