• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

WTB: Cheap suit, Size 38R!

BrianVarick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm looking for a size 38R suit I can buy for cheap, as in less then $150. It needs to be slim fitting, and have pants 33 or 34 (is that rare) I'm looking for pretty much any color, but grey or navy would be best. Let me know what you guys have.

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Most 38R will have a 32 waist on the pants, but you can certainly have it altered easily to fit a 33 or 34 waist. As well, most "slim fitting" 38R may even have skinnier pants than that... but, again, it can be altered.

BrianVarick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've had a couple offers, but I'm still looking.

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
If you need a slim fitting, cheaper suit, do you live near an H&M, Zara, or Express? Often you can find decent brand new slim suits there for a good price and in the exact color/fabric/etc that you want. Also, have you tried ebay?

Also, could you be a little more specific on what you want? Wool, cotton, lightweight, midweight, lined/partially lined, 3B, 2B, Single breast, etc etc? For what settings will you wear it, i.e. work, going out, funerals, etc? I'm just wondering because I am also a 38R and can see if I can find anything that might work for you...

I have a black 3 button, SB, flat-front pant cotton Versus Versace from a few years back (one of the last seasons before Versus got discontinued) that is quite slim and I could sell you for around $150... but I don't know if you are looking for something fashion-y or more conservative.

long_knives

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rach2jlc
... but I don't know if you are looking for something fashion-y or more conservative.

If it's conservative that you want, I have a Navy Samuelsohn, 100% Wool twill suit. 3 button fully canvassed jkt (unvented). Single pleat pant. The jacket is quite slim for a Samuelsohn. The pants not so much, but the legs could easily be taken in. There is a small tear in one of the pant legs that has been nicely repaired. The suit is a perfect interview suit and doesn't appear dated at all (apart from the jkt being unvented). $70 would do.

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
^That's a great deal. I would recomend that one over my suit any day, especially for that price.

HomerJ

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by long_knives
If it's conservative that you want, I have a Navy Samuelsohn, 100% Wool twill suit. 3 button fully canvassed jkt (unvented). Single pleat pant. The jacket is quite slim for a Samuelsohn. The pants not so much, but the legs could easily be taken in. There is a small tear in one of the pant legs that has been nicely repaired. The suit is a perfect interview suit and doesn't appear dated at all (apart from the jkt being unvented). $70 would do.

That sounds nice. You better buy it Brian before I do
laugh.gif
!

BrianVarick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm 18, and would like it to be a mit more modern, since I'm younger and I can get away with it. I need it for some weddings and other occasions such as plays or whatnot. So a heavy tweed probably wouldn't work out so great.

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
EDIT; somebody else decided to snag the suit. Glad that another forum member could use it!

Viktri

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What is the length of the jacket, rach2jlc?

johnpemberton

Reaction score
Originally Posted by BrianVarick
I'm looking for a size 38R suit I can buy for cheap, as in less then $150. It needs to be slim fitting, and have pants 33 or 34 (is that rare) I'm looking for pretty much any color, but grey or navy would be best. Let me know what you guys have.
I have over 35 suits this size in stock: http://stores.ebay.co.uk/A-Designer-...QQftidZ2QQtZkm Trousers can be adjusted by my tailor to fit 33"/34" ~ not a problem. Regards, John

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Viktri
What is the length of the jacket, rach2jlc?

I don't have it in front of me (I'll check it when I'm at home), but it's pretty standard... 31 or 32 inches from the collar to the hem. All in all, it's a pretty standard 3B cotton suit in the Versace cut.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads