• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

(Old) Ask a Question, Get an Answer - please ask all quick questions here

Status
Not open for further replies.

cielo

Reaction score
I don't think I have found a direct comparison on fit bt. Rag & Bone RB6 and Nudie Straight Sven. Any thoughts? I love the fit of my 6s, and if SS is similar, I'd be happy to diversify. Thanks in advance.

Locke7

Reaction score
Please post the color brand and model. If you have a link that would be great

Silentblue

Reaction score
I have a job interview as a personal assistant / office assistant where his office is at his house. I'm male, what the hell should I wear if I want to work as a personal assistant at some guy's house?

What I plan to wear is a white button down with black stripes, a black or maroon tie, black slacks, and dress shoes. Do you guys think that's fine or should I try something else? Also, I live in Southern California where we've been hit with a heat wave so I don't really want to wear a full suit if the guy's house doesn't have air conditioning and I'm sweating a puddle

alliswell

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
what business is he in? That shirt/pants combination sounds pretty casual.

Saucemaster

Sized Down 2
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Silentblue
I have a job interview as a personal assistant / office assistant where his office is at his house. I'm male, what the hell should I wear if I want to work as a personal assistant at some guy's house?

A thong and a smile?

Silentblue

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Saucemaster
A thong and a smile?

I want to work for you big boy.

As for what business, I don't know.
frown.gif

alliswell

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'd shoot for a white or blue shirt with khakis and the maroon tie. The preppier the better. You'll draw less attention to yourself. The combination of temperature and all that black sounds too hot to me. (And black pants with a black and white shirt reminds me that the Patriots are playing this weekend.)

And you don't know what business? I guess that makes the interview process more interesting.

Good luck.

bigskydream

Reaction score
How much do 5EP Raws shrink on the first soak/wash? I've been wearing a size 30 for the last few weeks, and they are starting to feel a little too loose. I'm wondering if they will shrink back enough after a soak/wash, or if I should sell these and buy a 29. I just can't imagine that I would take a 29 in these, as that is what I take in APC NS. BTW, I'm 5'11' and 160lbs. Thanks.

bigskydream

Reaction score
Originally Posted by bigskydream
How much do 5EP Raws shrink on the first soak/wash? I've been wearing a size 30 for the last few weeks, and they are starting to feel a little too loose. I'm wondering if they will shrink back enough after a soak/wash, or if I should sell these and buy a 29. I just can't imagine that I would take a 29 in these, as that is what I take in APC NS. BTW, I'm 5'11' and 160lbs. Thanks.

Here are some pics of the fit to help you help me decide if I need to size down one...
IMG_1846.jpg

IMG_1847.jpg

Brian278

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They look fine to me. Actually, I think the fit is really good and if there a little bit loose, and you're going to wash them eventually anyway and haven't already, I'd think they'd be perfect.

modual

Reaction score
Those 5ep look really good to me. No need to size down at all

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads