• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cesare Paciotti opinions

mishon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Gents, what do you think? Greatly appreciated. -M-

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
You might also try a search as we have a discussion about Paciotti every couple of months around here.

Paciotti is often a little too much for my tastes, but if you are a big fan of VERY fashion-forward Italian shoes, the quality is quite good overall for that kind of shoe. Along with Gianni Barbato, Jean-Michel Cazabat, and Alberto Guardiani, they tend to make shoes that really attractive Italian men and footballers can wear easily but us mere mortals can't do so well.

Nevertheless, not every style they put out is pointed-toe and garish, but in general they are more casual and go well with jeans and such. Pricing is high for casual shoes and in line with some of the other major designers, perhaps $395-600 depending on the style/leather used.

Overall, my opinion is for nights out, they can be fun. I personally like Cazabat and Guardiani a little better and so have a few pairs for going out, but they definitely aren't shoes you could wear everyday.

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LabelKing
I have a Cesare Paciotti belt that seems to be of good quality.

I've also seen some bags and such as well that were pretty nice. The styling was... well... typical Paciotti, but they were quite well constructed and the leathers were pretty good.

LabelKing

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rach2jlc
I've also seen some bags and such as well that were pretty nice. The styling was... well... typical Paciotti, but they were quite well constructed and the leathers were pretty good.

My belt is actually quite understated. It's simply a chrome-like buckle, rectangular, with the name and that dagger logo engraved.

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LabelKing
My belt is actually quite understated. It's simply a chrome-like buckle, rectangular, with the name and that dagger logo engraved.

Yes, like Dolce&Gabbana, I think Paciotti still makes some understated and nice stuff, shoes included. But, I think he makes his biggest profits from the garish pointy shoes and such, like D&G do from the trashy jeans, even though they still have some beautifully tailored garments hidden around here and there.

mishon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for replying, guys. I was actually thinking about wearing something along these lines with a suit.

stickonatree

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^SFers don't take kindly to square-toed shoes, elongated or not. i am included in this group. the design itself is also very awkward...

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mishon
Thanks for replying, guys. I was actually thinking about wearing something along these lines with a suit.

Just wondering, how much are they selling these?

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
$250 - $400 o.b.o

I'm going to agree with the others and say you should probably look elsewhere for something to wear with a suit. Unless you work in entertainment or are the head of a Crime Syndicate, I don't think these are going to work very well.

mishon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
... and I am in neither of those. I actually work a very conservative job (attorney) but I like to spice it up at work once in a while, and get made fun of frequently by some of my co-workers.
laugh.gif
Thank you for replying.

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I think paciotti makes ugly shoes. They're too fashiony and too pointy. You can find striking shoes that aren't in poor taste by looking elsewhere imo.

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
... and I am in neither of those. I actually work a very conservative job (attorney) but I like to spice it up at work once in a while, and get made fun of frequently by some of my co-workers.
laugh.gif
Thank you for replying.

As an attorney, I don't think you want your clothing items to be a distraction. These shoes, even though fun and guaranteed to "spice" things up, nevertheless might be distracting to others in your work setting. As such, I think you may want to look for ways to be "spicey" a little more subtly. Maybe a colored watchband or something...
wink.gif

meister

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I used to wEAR 'EM 15 YEARS AGO BUT WOULD NOT CONSIDER THEM NOW.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads