• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Engineered Garments Fall/Winter 07

alterion

Reaction score
Originally Posted by drink8648
I'm also at $395.00. I have 3 large and 2 x-large left.

Gary

musicboohoo[1].gif
I need somewhere thats got a small

Drinkwaters

OG
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Finally, the Bedfords arrived today and I have sent out to those who returned my pm.
I was able to get smalls and had some people on the list for them. I also ordered the remainder of there stock which comprised some more smalls and mediums. If I don't hear back from those of you who I contacted today, I will consider that you are not interested in purchasing one. I do appreciate everyones patience. Thank you!

Gary

bathtime

Reaction score
Smalls, speak of the devil. Is the grey herringbone bedford (as pictured on page 1 of this thread) the same fabric as the grey herringbone norfolk and waistcoat from this season ?

Also, is it lined with thinsulate?

Thanks (and thanks too for the lookbook, Gary).

poly800rock

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
thanks gary!!

poly800rock

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
just picked up the small bedford from gary. was wrestling with the idea of the bedford because the norfolk looks so damn sassy, but seeing i already have a spring norfolk, i could use a new style of coat, very excited.

evilgeniusdan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Let us know how it is when you get it. I'll be sitting here sulking because I can't find a wool norfolk in xs.

poly800rock

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by evilgeniusdan
Let us know how it is when you get it. I'll be sitting here sulking because I can't find a wool norfolk in xs.

http://www.nepenthes.co.jp/shopping.html

click on the norfolk, and click the dropdown button, you can get an XS. price is steep, and with proxy's you're taking a hit, but it's there.

timpoblete

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by evilgeniusdan
Did you try giving these guys a call to see if they're carrying XS? Angelo @ EG told me that they make XS for anyone that orders it, and from what I can recall, Barney's and Hejfina both do. Maybe one of the below do too? If they don't, maybe an S can work and you can just layer underneath with maybe a vest or thick sweater. Norfolk Jacket - Wool H. Bone Grey Active Endeavors – Chicago, IL August – Oakland, CA Boutique U & I – Montreal Canada Hollander & Lexar – Boeurm Hill Brooklyn, NY Legion – LA, CA Tailored by Bastille - Salt Lake City, UT

timpoblete

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Due to a lack of real world photos in this thread here's a pic of the Field Jacket (@ Odin). Didn't pick it up cuz it's a little too warm for SF weather and I've already picked up a khaki piece for the Fall:
1187506160_dd8a8e5f5f_o.jpg

poly800rock

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by timpoblete
Did you try giving these guys a call to see if they're carrying XS? Angelo @ EG told me that they make XS for anyone that orders it, and from what I can recall, Barney's and Hejfina both do. Maybe one of the below do too? If they don't, maybe an S can work and you can just layer underneath with maybe a vest or thick sweater.

Norfolk Jacket - Wool H. Bone Grey
Active Endeavors - Chicago, IL
August - Oakland, CA
Boutique U & I - Montreal Canada
Hollander & Lexar - Boeurm Hill Brooklyn, NY
Legion - LA, CA
Tailored by Bastille - Salt Lake City, UT

does active put their eg online?

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by timpoblete
Does not seem so. They must have at least one shipment of it in by now and nothing on the site.
I asked them this on Monday, but I have not heard back yet. It would be odd that they wouldn't.

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by poly800rock
http://www.nepenthes.co.jp/shopping.html click on the norfolk, and click the dropdown button, you can get an XS. price is steep, and with proxy's you're taking a hit, but it's there.
Do they ship to the U.S.? It doesn't seem like they do.
In other news, we are not fans of Active Endeavors at this time.
For now anyways... I'm going to follow-up with them [read: harass them
tongue.gif
] but I wanted to wait until stockists started getting the Norfolks beforehand.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads