• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Brei

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daytona John

Reaction score
Originally Posted by SoCal2NYC
I almost got the "regular" silver Yachtmaster instead of my Glashutte.

The SS/PT Yachty is a great watch - it's in my collection.
smile.gif

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score

imageWIS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Daytona John
The "Rolesium" Yacht-Master is PT/SS, not SS/SS. The platinum is in both the bezel and the dial.

Not really. It would be PT / SS if the case were PT and the bracelet were SS, but since the case is SS and the bracelet is SS, it’s SS/SS w/ PT Bezel. They only used a PT bezel so they could jack up the price.

Jon.

Daytona John

Reaction score
Originally Posted by imageWIS
Not really. It would be PT / SS if the case were PT and the bracelet were SS, but since the case is SS and the bracelet is SS, it's SS/SS w/ PT Bezel. They only used a PT bezel so they could jack up the price.

Jon.

Not correct on either count - from the Rolex website:

All Rolex men's and ladies' watches, from the Oyster Perpetual ... 40mm yacht-master in rolesium. steel and platinum. platinum dial. platinum rotatable bezel

slide13

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Here is my everyday (and only) watch. It may not be the most fashionable but I like it and for the money it's a great watch. I have the bracelet for it as well but I'm more of a strap guy then a bracelet guy so this Di-Modell strap has been working for me lately. In the market for a nice brown one at the moment though.

dsc0913wl6.jpg

dsc0909md8.jpg

Tomasso

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by slide13
I have the bracelet for it as well but I'm more of a strap guy then a bracelet guy so this Di-Modell strap has been working for me lately.
Nice watch. You may wish to consider an Omega deployant clasp; a $100 well spent.

slide13

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Actually an Omega deployant is on my list to pick up one of these days. Only downside is it can only be used with Omega straps I believe, which are not cheap straps. I've been thinking of just picking up an Aqua Terra or a Railmaster on a strap as well, I love those watches.

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Daytona John
The "Rolesium" Yacht-Master is PT/SS, not SS/SS. The platinum is in both the bezel and the dial.

yacht3a.jpg

Much better alternative.

0005-04.jpg

Cantabrigian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SoCal2NYC
Much better alternative.

0005-04.jpg

Good call.

The black dial version is great. Haven't seen the GMT in person yet but I think it could be even better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads