• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

(Old) Ask a Question, Get an Answer - please ask all quick questions here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brian278

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chronoaug
Brian, i haven't heard the term trad outside of fashion fora either. I've heard the term traditional and even mod used in person and on television/magazines. I think if you're with friends and call something "trad" they would probably be able to tell that you're speaking of more traditional clothing styles and wouldn't be outed as a fashion forum member.
Cool, wouldn't want them thinking I was into dudes or anything.

Mr Sola

Reaction score
Anyone have a hookup for LW hoodies?

chronoaug

Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)
Reaction score
hahahha. Love the new avatar. What a great thread. http://loopwheeler.sub.jp/blog/ There are a few people on sufu (and 2 that used to be here) that do japanese proxy services. Check the supermarket and you can probably find someone. It's usually item+shipping x 15%. Japanhookup, parachutes, jake unkel and a couple others came to mee off the top of my head.

robbie

Pleading Poverty
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rye GB
If anyone is wondering my goal is to not pay full price for anything ever again!.

full price is for suckers, good idea.

topcatny

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What denim do you recommend that fits like the earnest sewn hutch, but not in a bootcut? I really like the fit but I'd like to have it in a straightleg. I prefer raw selvedge denim but I am open to other ideas as well.

I have Nudies RRD, Levi's 501xx, Gap selvedge straightleg (a great buy at $12.97) and some others not really woth mentioning.

Thoughts?

chronoaug

Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)
Reaction score
Nudie Straight Sven seems like it should fit the bill for you. There is also the earnest sewn fulton. There are plenty of nice straight leg (non-skinny) fits out there in the japanese brands but i suggested those because you are familiar with the brands and those are readily available.

zw-gator

Reaction score
Q1: Wha's the difference between dry and raw denim?
Q2: Can you tell by look at pictures (say, on ebay) if a pair of jeans are "raw" vs. I guess, not raw?

QWE

Reaction score
Hi,
i wanted to ask about those doublesleeved shirts (well, basically a short-sleeved shirt pulled onto long-sleeved one). Can anyone give me basic tips how to combine these shirts.
Also i'd like to know the right sizing for them. I am 6.2 feet tall but have a quite a slim body-type, and that's why i have always worn XXL tshirts.
My chest (just below armpits) measures 37,4 inches. What size shirts should be best for me?

ken

Banned by Request
Reaction score
Originally Posted by zw-gator
Q1: Wha's the difference between dry and raw denim?
Q2: Can you tell by look at pictures (say, on ebay) if a pair of jeans are "raw" vs. I guess, not raw?

1. Nothing.
2. Not really.

Arethusa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rye GB
Question #1. Where can I find this brand "Julius". Preferably in Los Angeles to get a good look at the quality. Question #2. Any good online stores for Ann D, Veronique Branquinho at discount?. Question #3. That guy Chris in WAYWN has some decent Rick Owen tee's. Can these be found at bargain prices online?. If anyone is wondering my goal is to not pay full price for anything ever again!.
Where I can I get Rokara waxed jacket? I do not want to pay full price.

ken

Banned by Request
Reaction score
Originally Posted by QWE
Hi,
i wanted to ask about those doublesleeved shirts (well, basically a short-sleeved shirt pulled onto long-sleeved one). Can anyone give me basic tips how to combine these shirts.
Also i'd like to know the right sizing for them. I am 6.2 feet tall but have a quite a slim body-type, and that's why i have always worn XXL tshirts.
My chest (just below armpits) measures 37,4 inches. What size shirts should be best for me?

Probably a medium in shirts that are cut longer. American Apparel maybe.

blank

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Finding these has become more urgent, so please:

The next thing I need is a pair of brown lace-ups. No rubber soles. I've got about $200 to budget toward these, preferably a little less and absolutely no more (this includes tax, so let's cut the budget to $180 if in store).

These will be worn with jeans and trousers but always in a casual sense, so nothing overly conservative (i.e. some type of banker captoes)

Also I'm going to need to try these on. I live in NYC so that shouldnt be an issue. I'm willing to try something on and then buy online if cheaper.

So, please, suggestions. Again, brown laceups, but stylish.

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The next thing I need is a pair of brown lace-ups. No rubber soles. I've got about $200 to budget toward these, preferably a little less and absolutely no more (this includes tax, so let's cut the budget to $180 if in store).
It's not what you want to hear, but I don't think you'll be able to find anything decent for under $200 at full retail price. You'll most likely want to hunt for sales.

QWE

Reaction score
I'm also about to buy new pair of jeans. I found these on ebay but they appear to have button-fly. What are you thoughts on the button-fly. I have no experience with that. Somehow i think it won't look good. (e.g. from side)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads