• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jantzen, Reliable at last?

stickonatree

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DocHolliday
If it would get my shirts in a couple weeks, or even a month, I'd gladly pay an extra $10-$15 a pop.

ditto!

any HKers in here?

CaptChaos

Reaction score
Originally Posted by DocHolliday
If it would get my shirts in a couple weeks, or even a month, I'd gladly pay an extra $10-$15 a pop.

Me too!

maxnharry

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by coachvu
Randomly, Ricky e-mailed me yesterday saying he got my order and was on top of everything. I wonder if he had just been swamped for a while with the move and is now catching up with internet orders. Either way, unless this new shirt is perfect, this is my last order.

Interesting that he called-still think he has no interest in Internet business. Not sure what percentage of his total it represents, but certainly for a tiny increase in price he could bring someone on to receive the orders and keep them on track. Clearly he's leaving money on the table here, but maybe its money that he doesn't want or need.

I am starting to think that he is trying to cultivate some Turnbull and Asser mystique with the horrific customer service. From what I've read here customers pay many times more money to T&A for even worse customer service.

briancl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ordered on August 8th, email received August 11th, "Will send asap".

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by briancl
Ordered on August 8th, email received August 11th, "Will send asap".

wow. I might have to try an order.

briancl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Connemara
wow. I might have to try an order.

My first attempt was summer of '05, but I never received an email or any indication that my shirt order was received, and I never received a shirt. My card wasn't charged, so it wasn't a big deal to me at the time. I've been a bit transient since then, so I didn't want to place an order not knowing where I'd be living a few months out, but now I'm settled in for at least 12 months... I think Ricky can get me a couple orders between now and then.

boo

Reaction score
I'm curious what's the longest time that has elapsed for people that have ordered and actually received a shirt? Anyone receive their shirts after 3-4 months? I'm guessing that when Ricky gets backlogged he ignores orders that he's unable to fulfill beyond a certain time from when the order was placed. I'm wondering if there's still hope for my order placed in April.

DocHolliday

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by boo
I'm curious what's the longest time that has elapsed for people that have ordered and actually received a shirt? Anyone receive their shirts after 3-4 months? I'm guessing that when Ricky gets backlogged he ignores orders that he's unable to fulfill beyond a certain time from when the order was placed. I'm wondering if there's still hope for my order placed in April.

Three to four months used to be the regular waiting period, in my experience.

struan87

Reaction score
I received an email from Ricky this weekend. I sent payment info and dropped the fact that I need the shirt for my wedding
wink.gif
Hopefully that will skew the odds in my favor a bit.

kali77

Reaction score
A world record was broken today
smile.gif
12 shirts ordered from Ricky at Jantzen on 07/20/2007 and arrived exactly one month later 08/20/2007............
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

lawyerdad

Lying Dog-faced Pony Soldier
Reaction score
Wow, congrats. Today I received for shirts that I ordered on two different dates in March (in the interim I had inquired about the status, Ricky had responded by apologizing and saying he'd misplaced the order, then when I sent him the details said they were out of a couple of the fabrics and asked me to pick replacements, then in July confirmed receipt of the new details).
I won't try these on to check the fit until I get home tonight, but the fabrics (3 of the 4 are from their new stock) are great.

I still have another order from late June floating out there somewhere.

Kali, you're a braver man than I ordering 20 at once. I tend to spread mine over multiple orders to spread the risk in case something goes wrong.

kali77

Reaction score
Originally Posted by lawyerdad
Wow, congrats.

Kali, you're a braver man than I ordering 20 at once. I tend to spread mine over multiple orders to spread the risk in case something goes wrong.

It is actually 12, but I completely see your point. However I have ordered atleast four times previous to this order and have never had any issues with the measurements, fabric choice, etc... I think I may just be lucky. I am done with shirts for a few months. Then maybe another order in Jan. Have my eyes pasted on a few pairs of shoes
smile.gif

lawyerdad

Lying Dog-faced Pony Soldier
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kali77
It is actually 12, but I completely see your point. However I have ordered atleast four times previous to this order and have never had any issues with the measurements, fabric choice, etc... I think I may just be lucky. I am done with shirts for a few months. Then maybe another order in Jan. Have my eyes pasted on a few pairs of shoes
smile.gif

You mean you ordered 20 and got 12?
wink.gif

I've twice had minor issues (such as the wrong cuffs when I chose a different cuff than I had on a previous order) that were no big deal but made me reluctant to order too many shirts at once. Also, if I have in mind a couple of different styles I break the orders up and separate them in time a bit, as I get the impression that the specifics of new orders are not always read carefully. But on balance, for shirts I buy on a whim and don't need right away, I'm a happy customer.
By the way, I can now endorse Jantzen 2313 and Jantzen 2177.

kali77

Reaction score
Originally Posted by lawyerdad
You mean you ordered 20 and got 12?
wink.gif

But on balance, for shirts I buy on a whim and don't need right away, I'm a happy customer.

LOL
laugh.gif

The last sentence I believe hit's the nail on the head in the case of Jantzen. Not needing right away, that is. I think at this point, for me it is fun ordering and then one day...Boom a nice package from HK arrives.

coachvu

Reaction score
Originally Posted by kali77
A world record was broken today
smile.gif
12 shirts ordered from Ricky at Jantzen on 07/20/2007 and arrived exactly one month later 08/20/2007............
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

This sort of stuff pisses me off. Not only does it take forever for some people to get their shirts, but Ricky doesn't seem to use any sort of queue. Why have I not received my shirt ordered in January but you get yours in one month? I know it's part of the Jantzen experience, but I would love to learn the method behind the madness.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 61 39.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 17.9%

Forum statistics

Threads