• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Dickies work pants

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
Anyone still wear these?

I used to wear these exclusively from about 1990-1998 before I started wearing jeans again. I would have my tailor taper and slim the leg to about 7.5" across the bottom and hemmed to just above the no break point, slightly highwater.

The 65/35 poly/cotton fabric wasn't the best but didnt need ironing (American version of Sta-prest). I noticed that Dickies now sells a 100% cotton twill version that I might check out. Only $19!

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Cotton? I'm in. Sup with the meet for the who gangbang?

cocostella

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Back in the early to mid-nineties I would have my Ben Davis (in almost every color) pegged and hemmed to just above the ankle to show off the argyle and Florsheim Imperial wingtips.

zacharydschroeder

Reaction score
Originally Posted by cocostella
Back in the early to mid-nineties I would have my Ben Davis (in almost every color) pegged and hemmed to just above the ankle to show off the argyle and Florsheim Imperial wingtips.
Ben Davis and Florsheim Imperial wingtips?

Superb0bo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I used to some years ago, and probably still would if it wasnt for that horrible material. If I could find 100% cotton, I´d be in some brown and burgundy ones. I kinda like the cut as it is, loose and comfy.

TyCooN

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My Dickies would always be a magnet for hair that fell off. What is the possible explanation?

xchen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I used to work at Fry's Electronics and wore the pair I had 50% of the time. I agree that the material feels awful now compared to my nicer pants but then I had no idea.

Reaction score
I can't get rid of my Dickies, though I haven't worn them in at least two years. Back in the day, Dickies carpenter jeans were the default skateboarding pants for kids that couldn't afford Vision Streetwear marble-notebook print pants.

robbie

Pleading Poverty
Reaction score
My brown dickies 5 pockets are great. I wear them every weekend to church, they dress up quite well imo.

robbie

cocostella

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by zacharydschroeder
Ben Davis and Florsheim Imperial wingtips?

Yes, for example: black ss button-up or F Perry polo or snug t, dark green pegged and hemmed BD pants, flash but complementary argyle socks and black wingtips.

StevenRocks

Reaction score
I bought a pair of Dickies a few years ago and they've held up well. I'd buy more if I needed them, poly-blend or not.

Superb0bo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
get smart
update? looked really slim in wdywt, but maybe you´ve tailored em?

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
yea got them in a few days ago, charcoal grey 100% cotton

they're just like the regular work pants but in all cotton twill (usually they are 65 poly/35 cotton)

I slimmed the leg (12" at thigh down from 13, 7.5" at hem down from 9) and hemmed to no-break length

I've always liked Dickies so these are great, only $19.99+shipping and add another $20 for tailoring and the end result is a great casual pant to bum around in

The 100% cotton makes a huge difference in how they feel, they still have a good kind of stiffness that these should have but the fabric is much softer

Superb0bo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looked good and seems like a great deal. Would definitly get some if more easily available.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads