• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

(Old) What Are You Wearing Now/Today? Part II - pictures only - no discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrettChaotix

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MetroStyles
No offense Chris, but that is a bit too fratboy looking. I would recommend avoiding J. Crew for a while and trying something a little out of your comfort zone - maybe Ann Demeulemeester. Let me know what you think.

crackup[1].gif

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
A little dark for a Sunday morning? I suppose, but that's how I roll.

Margiela
Dior
Schubert

54qo5.jpg

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Get Smart
the shirt and sweater are nice. The shorts are ok, I don't wear shorts so I'm biased.

I don't wear white socks either. the shoes I like, tho they remind me too much of Florsheim Imperial Kenmoors at an overinflated price.

I doubt anyone would argue the individual components are great, but put together it's a bit unsettling

+1 on everything. Except I don't think those socks could possibly go well with an outfit, I disliked them in the show although I do understand that they fit very well with what was presented (homoerotic waspy schoolboy wandering in the woods-there was some sort of fairytale quality that made it fresh). I'm sure Socal doesn't mind though, when you buy an odd piece like that you obviously feel strongly for it.

Drizzt: how are those Schubert treating you?

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Omegablogger
Paul Smith jacket Fred Perry polo Dior Homme 21cm Borgioloi suede loafers
very nice! I love how you can wear some of my staple brands (FP, PS, jeans) and we have a completely different look

Omegablogger

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Get Smart
very nice!

I love how you can wear some of my staple brands (FP, PS, jeans) and we have a completely different look

Thanks!

I was thinking about your style yesterday when I was in the Fred Perry store, a sure sign I've been spending too much time here.

I think we have the same core, your style is more authentic than mine. I like to think that "mod" is at the centre of my casual style but deformed by an Italian/Northern Soul/Football Hooligan pull. I think you are more British than me and with a skinhead pull.

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Fuuma

Drizzt: how are those Schubert treating you?

They are pretty nice, I like them because they have a little bit of heft to them so they work well with jeans that stack, but still have a pretty sleek silhouette. The leather doesn't take polish/cream that well, though.

Bandwagonesque

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by whodini
Giving my German counterpart a lesson in facial muscle stretching

What's your training regimen?

http://www.almostsmart.com/upload/files/2003/May/*******.gif

lawyerdad

Lying Dog-faced Pony Soldier
Reaction score
Originally Posted by whodini
How can I look at that and not think you drive this:
chances.sized.jpg

Hah, well played. I was thinking more AC/DC.

But props to SoCal for making the effort, even if it doesn't quite work for me (not that whether it works for me is particularly relevant).

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Omegablogger
I think we have the same core, your style is more authentic than mine. I like to think that "mod" is at the centre of my casual style but deformed by an Italian/Northern Soul/Football Hooligan pull. I think you are more British than me and with a skinhead pull.

nice observation. Good to see guys with a really informed/educated PoV

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
LOL thanks guys (just got back from Superbad...GO SEE IT) and I enjoyed catching up on this.

I think the thing that some don't understand (well, I'd say all of you since on this forum I've never met anyone) is that when I dress "per the runway" (or an Anthony Goicolea directed film) it is done with a sort of humour to it that comes off more fun than fashion tragedy. I don't walk around in these tube socks or my blue paper-poly Jil rainjacket thinking I'm hot ****.

amerikajinda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SoCal2NYC

"And now back to the Little League World Series..."

"Whoah... jackpot!"

crackup[1].gif

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
Chris. the color of that sweater is putrid.
However, I like it on you.

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Bandwagonesque
What's your training regimen?

http://www.almostsmart.com/upload/files/2003/May/*******.gif

How's Canada these days? Have you guys finally gotten around to changing your tourist slogan to, "Canada: It's Sucktacular"? Big fan of that PS jacket, Omega. Happy to please, LD. Post more PBJ shots asap.
cimg3798pi9.jpg
cimg3801cq4.jpg
Nino's Kent Wang Who QuickRelease Rag&Bone Varvatos

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads