• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Recent purchases

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris.

Reaction score
i doubt you'd be throwing another one of your little tantrums if costs had never been mentioned. $1300 to you is $300 to him. get over it sweety, you just sound bitter about being [in your words] poor.

but at least now i understand you better. you give people **** for spending more than you on clothes? or, in your words, "$2000 rags"? funny, you were saying something about coming off as sad...?

Chris.

Reaction score
alright, i love sandwiches!

while i do that, go fantasize about mooriah and play with *********.

evilgeniusdan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My love for this forum increased tenfold
inlove.gif

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Chris.
alright, i love sandwiches!

while i do that, go fantasize about mooriah and play with *********.

Mariah Carey is a lot cooler than you'll ever be, fuckwad.

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
What's up with giving SoCal **** for what he buys? And how's he bragging by showing you his "recent purchases" which is what this thread is about? The double standards and hypocracy of this board can be overwhelmingly lame.

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Get Smart
What's up with giving SoCal **** for what he buys? And how's he bragging by showing you his "recent purchases" which is what this thread is about? The double standards and hypocracy of this board can be overwhelmingly lame.

everyone's jeans are too tight and ball crushing pain is causing all this angst.

Nigs are supposed to size down 1 or 2, not 5

+1.

kronik

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Only because I think you're a decent guy will I explain myself: I thought SoCal's 1% / sale comments spoke for themselves. Chris. and his malnutrition lend to his lack of cognitive ability.. I understand that. It's not about how much **** costs or how much money anyone here has. We're on a luxury clothing board for God's sake. We all spend too much on ******* clothes. Some seem to have missed the gist of my posts. Perhaps I did not sufficiently express myself.

Chris.

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Connemara
Mariah Carey is a lot cooler than you'll ever be, fuckwad.
yea, totally.

mcarey090706.jpg

i wish i could eat and screech as well as her.

base1001

Reaction score
Originally Posted by green
Where'd you get them that cheap?

you missed it, today and yesterday only at macy's one day sale. $10 off coupon on any one pair. i had the coupon, left it at home, got there and she was like, "its alright, i have a coupon to scan, but just this once"
inlove.gif

still can't find the older "rigid scraped" unwashed, i supposedly have a rigid scraped according to the levi's upc, it is not the same as some pics iv'e seen on the saucemaster topic though. i'm going to try and order from the macy's site just to see if they have the secret stash. the levi's store has a new different color in unwashed that supposedly will be exclusive only to the levi's store, so maybe i will be paying $60 for one of the pair.

Badseeds

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
hardcore.....i shoulda pm'ed socal abt the price ...

seriously, ppl buy things in the way they want to, and they feel happy abt it, then its great. lets be cool in the summer guys.

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kronik
Only because I think you're a decent guy will I explain myself: I thought SoCal's 1% / sale comments spoke for themselves.

I actually agree with the 1% comment, at least to the degree that a lot of folks on this board (probably more MC than SWD) arent the target consumer for many of the brands that everyone likes/wears. Buying ____ at 60% off makes you a 'smart consumer' but it doesnt make you the target audience for said label. If everyone bought (for example) Band of Outsiders shirts at 50+% off (which I do) then the brand will probably cease to exist since they wouldn't be making money with the line. But thankfully there are enough that do pay full retail to keep the line going. In a sick sense, those of us who do enjoy buying things on sale/discount should thank guys like SoCal for paying full retail and keeping it going so *we* can get it on sale.

But I would guess that there are quite a few SW&D guys that pay full price, esp since much of the stuff *we* like exists in a "better get it now or cry about it later" situation. I'm probably 50/50 on full retail/sale purchases and for those sale buys I'm glad SoCal is 100/0, esp since he isn't my size.

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
getting back on topic, today picked up:

2 Fred Perry microcollar gingham s/s buttondowns from new F/W line
1 regular Fred Perry OCBD s/s buttondown
1 Italian knit Fred Perry polo sweater

and a pair of oxblood Doc Marten maryjanes for my fiancee....deadstock Made in England pair. last one. her size. hidden in the back.

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I actually agree with the 1% comment, at least to the degree that a lot of folks on this board (probably more MC than SWD) arent the target consumer for many of the brands that everyone likes/wears. Buying ____ at 60% off makes you a 'smart consumer' but it doesnt make you the target audience for said label. If everyone bought (for example) Band of Outsiders shirts at 50+% off (which I do) then the brand will probably cease to exist since they wouldn't be making money with the line. But thankfully there are enough that do pay full retail to keep the line going. In a sick sense, those of us who do enjoy buying things on sale/discount should thank guys like SoCal for paying full retail and keeping it going so *we* can get it on sale. But I would guess that there are quite a few SW&D guys that pay full price, esp since much of the stuff *we* like exists in a "better get it now or cry about it later" situation. I'm probably 50/50 on full retail/sale purchases and for those sale buys I'm glad SoCal is 100/0, esp since he isn't my size.
I don't think your willingness (or lack thereof) of buying things at full retail has anything to do with the target market that you fit into. I have a pathological unwillingness to buy things at full retail (clothing, automobiles, houses, anything really). It has nothing to do with whether I can afford them or not, and isn't out of any sense of thriftiness or anything. I think I've spent about $85k on clothing and accessories YTD. I just simply don't like to buy things at full price no matter what they are. I know it's a waste of time to take the time and effort to buy X brand bottled water instead of Y brand for $1 less, but that's just the way I am <shrug>

ghulkhan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I cant blame SoCal for spending money. If he has it--why not? The forums not about holding back. I dont think theres anything wrong with him spending 1300 on a pair of shoes if he wants them. Some people arent going to click with it but whatever. Price always brings up problems. Anyways I wish I had the bank SoCal does for clothing ahahaha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads