• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Recent purchases

Status
Not open for further replies.

NoVaguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SoCal2NYC
$1,250

are you ******** me? did you really pay $1,250 for a pair of Tricker's wingtips that were relabeled Thom Browne?

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
Originally Posted by NoVaguy
are you ******** me? did you really pay $1,250 for a pair of Tricker's wingtips that were relabeled Thom Browne?

Let me check the receipt.

Yep.

NoVaguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SoCal2NYC
Let me check the receipt.

Yep.

so are they worth 3 or 4 times more?

whacked

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
so are they worth 3 or 4 times more?

"Worth" is a subjective thing. Those Trickers definitely aren't 3 or 4 times better made, but if SoCal feels better wearing them, all is well, no?

NoVaguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by whacked
"Worth" is a subjective thing. Those Trickers definitely aren't 3 or 4 times better made, but if SoCal feels better wearing them, all is well, no?

sure. You know what's even worse - Tricker's MTO/MTM price is below the Thom Browne price. SoCal could have just had them make the exact same, sans the Thom Browne logo and whatever that red white and blue thing is in the pictures, and they could have delivered that to him for less than he gave Mr. Browne.

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
sure. You know what's even worse - Tricker's MTO/MTM price is below the Thom Browne price. SoCal could have just had them make the exact same, sans the Thom Browne logo and whatever that red white and blue thing is in the pictures, and they could have delivered that to him for less than he gave Mr. Browne.

I could have. I could also go and have a tailor make me a suit similar to Thom Browne's look.

In both cases I prefer to go into Bergdorf Goodman or his store in Tribeca and pay the asking retail price.

I don't shop online, I don't shop on eBay, I don't buy things in the Sales Corner section. So, I appologize that you get offended in the way I choose to spend my money and the designers that I support.

I know Thom Browne has a stigma on this forum; but, if I were in there buying Oxxford, Kiton or Brioni for full retail I wonder if it would be such a beef with people here. Probably still would actually, since perhaps 1% here are those that said brands actually target their merchandise towards being able to and willing to pay the asking retail price.

But, it must be all the people buying a Brioni blazer for $799 on ebay with free shipping if BIN that keeps the luxury industry growing and not those actual clients of the stores.

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
They serving Haterade up in VA tonight?

kronik

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What's truly hilarious is that you think I give a **** enough about you to "hate." Envy is not something I'm too full of.. except in regards to those that have banged say Mariah Carey and Aishwarya Rai. I was mocking you not out of jealousy, but of pity.

Have a nice day!

And to save you the trouble: I'm poor, black, work for a living and dress like a Gap mannequin.

Toodles.

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
But I'm curious...why is "overpaying" a reason that I need to be pitied?

If people want to buy **** on eBay and hunt for deals let them.

If people want to overpay at retail on off the rack clothes let them.

It's not like you see people running around here saying "Oh look at you, you street rat! You bought a $450 Turnbull & Asser shirt for $45! Dont' you know that brand is only for rich people??"

Then again, all the denim heads are feeding each other their own bullshit in thinking that any pair of jeans is actually worth more than $50 at retail with all their "stealth wealth" stuff.

kronik

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think this is where you misunderstand me - the fact that you have a shitton of money is GREAT for you, if it makes you happy. What's sad is that you have to get on the internet at 11PM with what seems like never-ending braggodocio. I even realize that sometimes this is a reflexive action on your part to .. people giving you a hard time. People are going to give you **** for spending 1250 on 300 dollar shoes. Such is the life of the rich. Life will go on. No need to talk about how everyone on the board is poor because someone has in some way maligned you. It just comes off as kind of sad.

I'm being ridiculously catty. NO HARD FEELINGS.

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
Isn't VA in the same time zone?
blush.gif

I could have told my friend to have her birthday party earlier tonight and give up on her and all her friends observing Shabbas and trying to give them plenty of time to get ready and all get to the bar on time when some are coming from Riverdale and Long Island. I'll let her know that some kid in VA thinks otherwise.

base1001

Reaction score
levi's 514 for $21.19 total
smile.gif

now i will start going for nudies and japan stuff.

green

Reaction score
Originally Posted by base1001
levi's 514 for $21.19 total
smile.gif

now i will start going for nudies and japan stuff.

Where'd you get them that cheap?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads