• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

ebay suits, sportcoats, and other clothing

antirabbit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Vinous,
That is not Isaia, it is Gianluca, which is the diffusion line.
They are ok, and the price is meah.
It is fused and half canvassed. I does not hold a flame to the real deal Isaia, but usually they have wonderful fabrics and a boxy, if not billowy body.
The shoulders are ok.
So, I would say for the price you could do better and you could do worse.

vinouspleasure

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks...I'm starting to realize that the time I'm putting in trying to find a good deal on ebay is probably costing me more than if I just went out and spent the money! Still, its fun to troll and I'm learning an awful lot.

thanks again!

coatandthai

Reaction score
Originally Posted by vinouspleasure
Thinking about making an offer for this paul stuart gianluca suit:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=220075889476

thoughts about suit? What would be a good price (it seems like the bin is pretty good)?

I have a Gianluca suit from STP and it's better than I expected. It's not one of my "good suits" but as an everyday suit, it seems to be my first choice, in front of Corneliani, Pal Zileri and Polo blue label. The fabric is very good, the styling is modern, the fit is great. I get compliments when wearing it. I'd say it's a good suit for $400.

coatandthai

Reaction score
Thoughts on this Zegna couture at $890.00?

zegnacouturesilksuit1.JPG

antirabbit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Vinous,
You can find great deals on e-bay, the differene is, you must be willing to be patient.
Save your money, and be ready to pounce, bid strong and rake in the deals.
To be honest, you will find much better deals here, buying in this community.

NoVaguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by vinouspleasure
Thinking about making an offer for this paul stuart gianluca suit:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=220075889476

thoughts about suit? What would be a good price (it seems like the bin is pretty good)?

I think he'll accept mid-300's, maybe low 300's. Not sure about the high 200's.

He's listed these Paul Stuart/Gianlucas in the past for the low 300's - I bought 2 of them at that price (which was then the listing price).

They're very nice, but after wearing Belvest and Oxxford, I'm not sure I can go back. I would consider a NWT Oxxford or Belvest in the 600 to 800 range to be more desirable than those.

As such, mine sit in the closet, unaltered. Every now and then I put them up on ebay, usually whenever there is a 10/20/50 cent listing sale.

The cut of mine are really slim, as well. A little boxy in terms of construction, not fit.

Mute

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by coatandthai
Thoughts on this Zegna couture at $890.00?

zegnacouturesilksuit1.JPG

That's only the starting price, but a Zegna Couture NWT suit at that price is still a good purchase. Don't expect it to stay at the price though.

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mute
That's only the starting price, but a Zegna Couture NWT suit at that price is still a good purchase. Don't expect it to stay at the price though.

I could be mistaken, but he's had that suit on ebay for at least a month.

edit: just checked and that suit has been on at least twice before at the same price with no takers. It's not a popular ebay size and it's a difficult pattern. In an open auction, he might get 500-600 for it.

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads