• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ridiculous s**t you have done for money.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Bergdorf Goodwill
Is it illegal to write papers for people who are pursuing professional degrees?

One of those situations where it is not illegal for you the writer, but it will probably end badly for the person using said paper if discovered.

texas_jack

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Photos?

+ hey wait a minute you did this for money?

I don't think I have any pictures since this was back in 98/99. I was working in fish processing and they had a bunch of those big dumpsters they had converted into bunkhouses.

sonick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I... had sex with a *****.

Bergdorf Goodwill

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Piobaire
One of those situations where it is not illegal for you the writer, but it will probably end badly for the person using said paper if discovered.

I wish I had ready access to these people's information so I could blackmail them and siphon a bit more off of those sweet, sweet ill-gotten gains. If only you knew the hopeless dropout who'd written your papers, my darlings.

odoreater

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I sold butterfly knives to kids in high school.

Bergdorf Goodwill

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by texas_jack
I don't think I have any pictures since this was back in 98/99. I was working in fish processing and they had a bunch of those big dumpsters they had converted into bunkhouses.

That rules. I thought about trying to work as a janitor in Antarctica or something, but I don't know if I am adept enough at cleaning the **** of normals to clean the **** of scientists.

Originally Posted by sonick

Did you win your fraternity's hogging pool or something?

lawyerdad

Lying Dog-faced Pony Soldier
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sonick

Photos?

+ hey wait a minute you did this for money?

rimshot.gif

lawyerdad

Reaction score
I wish I had ready access to these people's information so I could blackmail them and siphon a bit more off of those sweet, sweet ill-gotten gains. If only you knew the hopeless dropout who'd written your papers, my darlings.

Plus you'd have the opportunity to try to slip in embarrassing stuff to see if they caught it.
The elevator in our building has one of those obnoxious screens where they put up weather forecasts, news headlines, etc. (I think the system is called "Captivate", emphasis on "Captiv") as an excuse for bombarding you with 132 seconds of additional advertising per day as you ride the elevators. Periodically they have a "word of the day" feature -- you know, so we can improve ourselves while riding the elevator.

One day the word was "ordure". The definition given was "foul language". I kid you not.
So, ok, mildly funny that the "word of the day" definition is not quite right, especially given the word they choose. But they also give a usage example -- the old "use it in a sentence" from grammar school. The usage example for "ordure" (based on their working definition, of course) was:

The substitute teacher was shocked by the students' use of ordure in the classroom.
I nearly wet myself laughing. I felt like Mandy Patinkin in Princess Bride: "You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means." Some intern or employee on their way to greener pastures earned my admiration that day.

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lawyerdad
Plus you'd have the opportunity to try to slip in embarrassing stuff to see if they caught it.

Speechwriters like to amuse themselves by doing this from time to time. The thing is, in one instance in about 500, it actually gets through. And then you have a real problem.

Bergdorf Goodwill

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lawyerdad
The elevator in our building has one of those obnoxious screens where they put up weather forecasts, news headlines, etc. (I think the system is called "Captivate", emphasis on "Captiv") as an excuse for bombarding you with 132 seconds of additional advertising per day as you ride the elevators. Periodically they have a "word of the day" feature -- you know, so we can improve ourselves while riding the elevator.

One day the word was "ordure". The definition given was "foul language". I kid you not.
So, ok, mildly funny that the "word of the day" definition is not quite right, especially given the word they choose. But they also give a usage example -- the old "use it in a sentence" from grammar school. The usage example for "ordure" (based on their working definition, of course) was:

The substitute teacher was shocked by the students' use of ordure in the classroom.
I nearly wet myself laughing. I felt like Mandy Patinkin in Princess Bride: "You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means." Some intern or employee on their way to greener pastures earned my admiration that day.

I have not been privy to such an elevator -- perhaps you should destroy it. I am a big fan of everyday people smashing things that disrupt. When someone pulled the newly-installed traffic cameras out of the ground here, I was ecstatic.

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
I thought those damned elevators were only in Manhattan, and quite recent. Our building is just getting them.

I suspect that -- like most contributors to the ubiquitous media environment -- it originated in Japan.

TheHoff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Once while in drag, I had sex with a guy who thought I was just a fat woman.

lee_44106

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wrote and sold college admission essays (biographies etc) while in high school.
Sold Playboy/Penthouse to 7th graders, also while in high school

I guess they were more examples of an entrepreneurial spirit than "ridiculous ****," that is, until I got caught by the 7th graders' parents.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
One spring I taught Tae Kwon Do as a junior instructor. That was the first time I experienced assignment creep as my duties expanded from warm-ups, to instructing, to locking up the joint at night. The head of the place locked himself in his office and ate Subway while I taught for 2-3 hours a night. I was 16 at the time (brown belt) so I had all the energy in the world, but school suffered a bit. Head reprobate never had the cash to pay me until I quit on him, and he finally paid up.

After that I never again visited a dojo.

lawyerdad

Reaction score
I have not been privy to such an elevator -- perhaps you should destroy it. I am a big fan of everyday people smashing things that disrupt. When someone pulled the newly-installed traffic cameras out of the ground here, I was ecstatic.

Soon enough, it'll be the privy, too.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 38.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads