• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Recent purchases

Status
Not open for further replies.

whacked

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by whodini
You sure know what to say and how to pick your flame wars.

LOL. Beat you to it.
boxing[1].gif

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by whacked
I don't know about that. There's something to be said about perfecting the seemingly mundane/classic looks. In fact, that pretty much sums up the whole point of the main forum (MC) here.

Again, experimentation is not always a good thing. I love that whenever someone strays from praising Chris, he would be called out as possessing a "boring style", without exceptions.
rolleyes.gif

+1

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by whacked
LOL. Beat you to it.
boxing[1].gif

"Yay, we're here to celebrate differences!" "I think you're comfortable in being weird." "I think you're weird for being comfortable." "Yeah, but weird isn't comfortable. You're comfortable comfortable. Weird."

chronoaug

Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)
Reaction score
Not necessarily because he dresses boring, but the fact that he seems unnecessarily put off to the point of pointlessly hating by a style that is simply different from his. I don't have a problem with the way kronik dresses.

It's one thing to try to perfect casual and classic looks, but it's another to seemingly be against something new/different. Sometimes chris hits the nail on the head, other times it's a bit too much as i've said a few posts ago. I think the people that were hating on chris's purchases/past fits was more about narrow mindedness than simply thinking that his outfit didn't work that time given all the "lol he's a skinny refugee camp goth kid" comments.

I guess i should've worded it better. I hate you all

Speaking of gap, since when did they start selling chucks? I was with the gf there last week and i saw a couple specialty looking chucks.

chim

Reaction score
Chris understands exactly what he wants, and he dresses himself on his own accord. Which is a lot more respectable than the guys here who post and ask other men if the jeans they are wearing makes their ass look great. Give me a break here, you don't see him trolling all of your purchases.

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chronoaug
Not necessarily because he dresses boring, but the fact that he seems unnecessarily put off to the point of pointlessly hating by a style that is simply different from his. I don't have a problem with the way kronik dresses.
Those are pretty darn ugly, but i guess better than 75% of college aged guys who just wear sandals or cross trainers, sorta. I don't know if it's worse though because at least those other guys aren't trying.

For the love of god please pull your pants down a little bit towards your hip and untuck or wear a belt. Also, what is going on with those cuffs? Are you going for the thom browne denim look but with really sloppy looking cuffs? Just let the jeans go uncuffed or cuff them a bit lower and try to tighten them up or something. The shirt color and fit is very off as well in almost all areas but especially the arms.

Hmm....

whacked

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chim
Chris understands exactly what he wants, and he dresses himself on his own accord. Which is a lot more respectable than the guys here who post and ask other men if the jeans they are wearing makes their ass look great.
So does this guy...
musicboohoo[1].gif
(assuming he doesn't lurk SF, sufu, Men's Style, or honestforum 24/7)
abercrombie2_250.jpg

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jodum5
The past several posts deserve a few
spam[1].gif
spam[1].gif
spam[1].gif

rimshot.gif

I think it's BS that everyone is fine on disagreeing with a particular style that doesn't suit this forum's sense of elitism but that inner criticism is conceived as misinformed-hate and quickly invalidated. A few more posts like your own and we'll start dressing like this:
image008.jpg

Bergdorf Goodwill

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My objection to a lot of jocking around here is that none of the clothing has any character -- it's just so much money spent and then draped. It's boring. I find it amusing that kronik was criticized as being a "mannequin" when the pieces he is wearing are pulled from disparate elements, came through different channels, and can serve multiple purposes.

Rye GB is a good example of someone who successfully integrates elements of designer clothing into his own wardrobe and puts a spin on it that a clothing rack could not. This is the difference that I see between something that is unique/interesting/demonstrates actual use and understanding beyond burning piles of cash for warmth.

evilgeniusdan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
These past few days in the Streetwear forum have made for some seriously entertaining reading
lurker[1].gif

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
U izz JuSt GELos dat cHRIzzz got whiked mAd skillZ!

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
^^Agreed with BG.

I don't really see much creativity in that it's all of the same theme and like bg says pulled off the same rack whether it's ann d or hm. It is original but not individualistic.

Bergdorf Goodwill

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SoCal2NYC
U izz JuSt GELos dat cHRIzzz got whiked mAd skillZ!

I'd sort of like to repurpose the money spent on designer hype clothes to buy expensive electronics/glassware/crystal and drop them from very high places, I will admit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 16 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.2%

Forum statistics

Threads