• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Recent purchases

Status
Not open for further replies.

chronoaug

Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)
Reaction score
Originally Posted by WSW
^
That guy has to be really really skinny to be able to fit into those clothes. And he likes black alot.
eh.gif

I think he would completely agree with you. With most of his clothes being dreary color wise, when he does throw in a splash of color that that green cardi from the contest, it looks fantastic. One of the best dressed guys on the internets.

Also, I GOT MY ******* PEACOAT! The mail lady told me yesterday that she thinks she delivered it to the wrong place and today while i was at work she gave them to my roomate. I pretty much just kissed my coat and money goodbye. I really lucked out. The coat fits and looks really great. The only thing i might think of doing is moving the epaulet buttons over slightly to make them not as pronounced and possibly shorten the sleeve by a half an inch or an inch. So ******* relieved. Believe it or not, this makes me want to purchase something else for some reason.

kronik

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chronoaug
I think he would completely agree with you. With most of his clothes being dreary color wise, when he does throw in a splash of color that that green cardi from the contest, it looks fantastic. One of the best dressed guys on the internets.

He generally looks like a skinny gothling that has an unhealthy habit of pulling on his clothing when nervous. Chris.'s aesthetic is about as "his own" as you will find, but uniqueness does not make it good.. and far from "best dressed."

I'm actually more concerned with what his parents do, because it's gotta be pretty lucrative to fund your child buying ridiculously expensive and mostly heinous clothing.

Saucemaster

Sized Down 2
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kronik
He generally looks like a skinny gothling that has an unhealthy habit of pulling on his clothing when nervous. Chris.'s aesthetic is about as "his own" as you will find, but uniqueness does not make it good.. and far from "best dressed."

I'm actually more concerned with what his parents do, because it's gotta be pretty lucrative to fund your child buying ridiculously expensive and mostly heinous clothing.

I'm gonna go ahead and -1 this entire post. I love Chris's style. It's not for me, but that doesn't mean I can't appreciate it. I wish actual goth kids had even the tiniest sliver of his sense of proportion and texture.

chronoaug

Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)
Reaction score
Admitted it's a different aesthetic and pretty far from my own, but for the style, he does it very well and doesn't look like a fashion victim. Sure he has some fits that might be too much, but i admire that he tries to push the envelope. He does very well with proportions and not just wearing skinny everything. Mixing larger tops, skinny bottoms and vice versa, with nice drapey articles with pieces that are very interesting (in a good non-boring way). The pieces are for the most part, very expensive, but usually nice looking, well made pieces as well. I think there are more aesthetics to work with than americana, military inspired, trad, mod, and western and it's nice to see it done very well. He's one of the few online posters who actually inspire me style wise to try new things.

kronik

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Saucemaster
I'm gonna go ahead and -1 this entire post. I love Chris's style. It's not for me, but that doesn't mean I can't appreciate it. I wish actual goth kids had even the tiniest sliver of his sense of proportion and texture.
Fortunately, I don't give a damn about your little -1. And next time I'm in Philly, I'm going to show you how much I don't give a damn. And not in the way that you'd like me to, ed.

Bergdorf Goodwill

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Saucemaster
"Actual" goths dress sort of interestingly sometimes, really. The people you're referring to are mostly defectives from the hills, though. Their persistent poverty and general ignorance of luxury prevents them from ready access, but I do believe if you were to unleash a flock of Juggalos on a warehouse of luxury items, you'd see a number of Ford Aspires being utterly packed with Rick Owens.

LabelKing

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Bergdorf Goodwill
"Actual" goths dress sort of interestingly sometimes, really. The people you're referring to are mostly defectives from the hills, though. Their persistent poverty and general ignorance of luxury prevents them from ready access, but I do believe if you were to unleash your average Juggalo on a warehouse of luxury items, you'd see a number of Ford Aspires being stuffed to the gills with Rick Owens.
I can't help but be reminded of those "Goth Christians" who form bad, angsty bands that focuses on ear-drum popping Christian redemption music. Bad skin combined with cheap eyeliner and Hot Topic bargain bin picks does not maketh a good Goth.

Bergdorf Goodwill

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LabelKing
I can't help but be reminded of those "Goth Christians" who form bad, angsty bands that focuses on ear-drum popping Christian redemption music.

Bad skin combined with cheap eyeliner and Hot Topic bargain bin picks does not maketh a good Goth.

Liberate te ex inferis.

Dill

Reaction score
Originally Posted by whacked
Why so much hate?
confused.gif

I like the look of many of Thom Browns pieces, but for the price you could get the excact thing made by a tailor, woven with unicorn hair instead of cotton/wool

Saucemaster

Sized Down 2
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kronik
Fortunately, I don't give a damn about your little -1. And next time I'm in Philly, I'm going to show you how much I don't give a damn.

How, exactly, do you "show someone how much you don't give a damn?" Are you going to find where I am, stand next to me, and studiously ignore me all day? Because that would be sort of cool.

kronik

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Maybe. Maybe I don't give enough of a damn to tell you how I'll express to you that I don't give a damn. I do, however, give a damn enough about not giving a damn to drive 3 hours to emphasize how much I don't give a damn.

Arethusa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Maybe you could dress up like a skeleton who stumbled through Androgynous Jack's Black Cloth and Heroin Factory and just follow him around all day being original.

Arethusa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Goth ninja's fine. Taking pride in looking like a dying refugee draped in only the most expensive $2000 rags is entirely different.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads