• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Thank you, A-E, SF, j and AAAC!

JLibourel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Christmas came four months and 12 days early for me this year, and I want to thank j and the gang at SF for making it happen.

I had taken the day off from work because I was expecting a jacket I had ordered from W.W. Chan (direct from HK, not on the tour) that required a signature. Well about 3:45 the Fed Ex deliveryman knocked. There was the familiar Fed Ex box from Chan but also a box from A-E. I had ordered a second pair of Wilberts in caramel (almost all my casual dog-walking shoes perished this year and I have been replacing them with A-E casuals), so I wasn't altogether surprised although I thought it a little odd for A-E to be sending me stuff Fed Ex when usually they use UPS ground. My first attention went to the Chan jacket. Then I got around to opening up the Wilberts. I was puzzled that there was no label on the box. I opened it, and there were no Wilberts but a beautiful pair of Broadstreet spectators in brandy aniline (I think) and white suede. Along with them was this letter:

"Dear Mr. Libourel,

"Since 1922, Allen Edmonds has handcrafted the world's finest footwear. We have experienced many changes throughout our company's rich history. However, one thing remains unchanged--our commitment to the customer. After all, our customers are the reason we are in business.

"Recently, I received a letter from Mr. Jeremy Jackson at Styleforum.net. Mr. Jackson, along with members of his forum, shared your compelling story with us. I was delighted to learn about your strong connection to Allen Edmonds. In recognition of your loyalty, I am pleased to present you with a pair of shoes as detailed by members of Styleforum.net. Handcrafted in our factory in Wisconsin, these shoes are truly one of a kind from the unique combination of leather and suede to the custom insoles that bear your name.

"On behalf of all the co-workers at Allen Edmonds, we hope you enjoy your new shoes and look forward to serving your footwear needs for years to come.

Sincerely,

Mark Birmingham
President and CEO"

Well, there may never be a "Libourel" Allen-Edmonds style, but you gentlemen and Allen-Edmonds have sure made old Jan a very happy fellow this afternoon.

Thank you very much all of you. You are a great bunch of guys.

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
J did the same thing for me, except instead of allen edmonds shoes I got something called a "marital aid"
confused.gif

lawyerdad

Lying Dog-faced Pony Soldier
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DocHolliday
Wow. That's fantastic, Jan. First of all, you deserve it. But it's also a tribute to AE. Really nice of them.

Now we need some pics!

+1

Cantabrigian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That is really cool. Enjoy, Jan.

Any chance of seeing a photo - or at least a link to the original description?

Vintage Gent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I agree with others who have called out for photos. We've gone these many years without photographic proof of the green blazer. Surely such an event justifies you seeking out a friend or colleague with a digital camera.
wink.gif

Seriously, Jan, wear them in good health. A more deserving recipient I could not imagine.

StockwellDay

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DocHolliday
Wow. That's fantastic, Jan. First of all, you deserve it. But it's also a tribute to AE. Really nice of them.

Now we need some pics!

687718001187051579.gif

von Rothbart

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
WOW, I am impressed by J and his influence, and AE. Yes, don't forget to post pictures of this special edition AE, made especially for you. You owe it J and AE for those pictures.

Now, let's see if EG and JL are going to do something similar for AP.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads