• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

(Old) What Are You Wearing Now/Today? Part II - pictures only - no discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by whodini
I prefer constructive criticism for what people post here as this thread is called "What Are You Wearing Now/Today" the last time I checked.

I find it rather humorous that you assume to know my tastes. Why do you believe I have a particular disdain for Lanvin? Why do you believe I have something against "some of the most refreshing things in menswear?" What have I said to give you this impression?

I mean, just look at Lanvin:
picture24rt5.jpg

How refreshing!

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Get Smart
Stardust was so f'ing great. Followed the book perfectly without a lot of major re-interpretation. I read it when it first published and thought it would make an amazing movie, and I was stoked to see it finally realized.

Nerd alert.

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SoCal2NYC
Nerd alert.

guilty as charged

btw, that kid is cute as hell in PG2G's pic (which is high praise coming from a child-hater like myself)

chronoaug

Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)
Reaction score
Cool it Rice Boy.

Okay Mr. Constructive Criticism.

Whatever you say Mrs. Landsbury.

When you read this entire 2 page mess in one sitting it's kinda funny but mainly disappointing.

It was disappointing to see shellshock not be able to take non-praise without getting really upset, typing in all caps and assuming that we think she's worthless or needs to start spending a lot of money. A good portion of the people here don't spend a lot of money. Just a decent amount on jeans, maybe one or 2 outerwear pieces and then fill stuff in with cheaper brands. Sauce does that and gets more love than probably anyone besides GS. Your outfits aren't entirely unique, chic or really fashionable but they fit you well and look good on you.

It was also disappointing to see everyone all of a sudden gang up and then try to alienate and make her feel like crap for no reason. We all (except GS and socal) have our "jeans and tshirt" days. While it is kinda funny when people play the creepy old man card, i dont' see a problem with casually complimenting her every once in awhile when she does in fact look good in her clothes (in a non-sexual way.).

The whole socal v. styleforum battle was kinda funny though. Maybe this can become an every other month kinda thing.

PG2G. Great fit and adorable kid.

Bergdorf Goodwill

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chronoaug
When you read this entire 2 page mess in one sitting it's kinda funny but mainly disappointing.

It was disappointing to see shellshock not be able to take non-praise without getting really upset, typing in all caps and assuming that we think she's worthless or needs to start spending a lot of money.

I take it you are unfamiliar with the ways of the Women of the Internet -- their humor, it is different and smells of lilac.

texas_jack

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Bergdorf Goodwill
I take it you are unfamiliar with the ways of the Women of the Internet -- their humor, it is different and smells of lilac.

That ain't just the internet and I'm not sure that's lilac.

dhc905

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by whodini
I mean, just look at Lanvin:
picture24rt5.jpg

I have an nearly irresistable urge to punch the guy on the right in the face. I almost hit my computer screen. I think it'd complete his douche-bag ensemble.

The_Mayor

Reaction score
Originally Posted by blank
Mayor, nice watch. Who makes it? I like the strap.
The strap is from here: http://www.centralwatch.com/watchsto...roducts_id=138

You buy the straps seperately (5 for $25), then buy a cheap Timex from Target and replace the strap it came with.

To answer everyone else:
evilgenius: I hear what you're saying, but I already lift for an hour each day. This is about as big as my chest is gonna get. (We can't all be Drizz) I think it'll be much easier to just find jeans that are more forgiving on the hips. Besides, less fitting tops just look baggy on me.

apocalypse: I had that same concern about the Polo, because I too hate blatant branding, but I have had tons of compliments on that shirt. People love the big pony, especially women. I got it more as a conversation piece than a logo.

macuser3of5

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm sure many boys here look good to you that are unremarkable to me as well.
Maybe, but it surely isn't in poor taste, yes? Nothing wrong with jeans & tees, if they fit well. If I post pics of my abs will that make you happy?
inlove.gif
bounce2.gif
biggrin.gif

phooi

Reaction score
Originally Posted by The_Mayor
Now, now boys... time for everyone to cool off.

Nothing too sartorially adventuresom this weekend. 100 degrees today in Austin.

Today's effort:
100_0971.jpg

OK, I know everyone's gonna say the hips look too wide on the jeans. Working on it-- I have really wide hips for a guy. Gonna buy some new jeans in NYC next weekend.

Saturday:
100_09695.jpg

Looking at your fits, I noticed that you like very slim fitted tops. If you indeed have problems with your hips, you might benefit with tops that have a little more room in the body (slim but not as tight as you wear them). That way your silhouette drops more in a straight line or taper hiding your hips.

Getting even slimmer jeans might help but I think changing your tops might be a better idea... just my $0.02.

Baron

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I was away all weekend and I want to thank you all for a that mini epic melodrama that played out over the past 7 or 8 pages. I laughed, I cried, l lost faith and then faith was restored. Some of these threads read like serialized novels.

Saucemaster

Sized Down 2
Reaction score
I would like to say that I quite like Lanvin, but SoCal criticizing people for embracing their inner construction worker and posting what amount to wolf-whistles is pretty much the height of irony.

But let's get on topic. The_Mayor, I'm pretty much with phooi here. Your hips are pretty wide, and I'm not sure that new jeans alone are going to do the trick. If they do, great, but until then, I'd consider wider, looser-fitting shirts to even out your silhouette.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads