• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

(Old) What Are You Wearing Now/Today? Part II - pictures only - no discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

yerfdog

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by whodini
Many. Ever heard of South America? No? Central America? Maybe you'd like to visit my country's capital. I hear downtown's something reallll special for tourists after dark.
Oh well yeah in those old colonial sections of latin american cities yes, fine you might get knifed and robbed by a prostitute's buddies on the pedestrian section of avenida central i guess But my guess is the worst sections of North Philly have patchy potholed asphalt streets, not 200 year-old stone paving edit: why do i always attempt to derail topics without knowing it

The_Mayor

Reaction score
Now, now boys... time for everyone to cool off.

Nothing too sartorially adventuresom this weekend. 100 degrees today in Austin.

Today's effort:
100_0971.jpg

OK, I know everyone's gonna say the hips look too wide on the jeans. Working on it-- I have really wide hips for a guy. Gonna buy some new jeans in NYC next weekend.

Saturday:
100_09695.jpg

Cosmos

Reaction score
off to uni
IMG_7238.jpg
zara cardigan RL polos nudie aj jeans onitsuka tiger shoes oris watch oakley glasses

evilgeniusdan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The_Mayor: Quick suggestion.. working out to expand your chest and wearing slightly less fitted tops will help to balance out your figure. Unfortunately right now, a lot of attention is drawn to your hips.

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Get Smart
nerd alert.

Cool it Rice Boy. (Said as I just got back from seeing Stardust)

Originally Posted by whodini
In closing, I'd like to repeat the words of my now-life partner Edmorel:

Quote:
I'd take you seriously, but you wear red patent loafers and a goofy velvet oversice bow tie.

Okay Mr. Constructive Criticism...lay it on me. I'd love to see the pearls of wisdom you have against some of the most refreshing things (read: Lanvin)in menswear.

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SoCal2NYC

Okay Mr. Constructive Criticism...lay it on me. I'd love to see the pearls of wisdom you have against some of the most refreshing things (read: Lanvin)in menswear.

If refreshing means gaudy and visually offensive, then...well, I guess so.

PG2G

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not today, but something I just found from last weekend.
l_d53ea171e637bbe74eef30556e4a3522.jpg
You can kinda see how blue the suminandos really are.

Saucemaster

Sized Down 2
Reaction score
^^^ Awesome.

The fit is solid (nice proportions, casual and unforced), but mostly that's just a great shot. And, as someone who generally hates children, I'd like to say that that kid (is he yours?) is... dare I say it... pretty cute. :shudder:

Homme

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by A Harris
I think we're being had. If that were a real Thom Brown cloak we'd be able to see his ankles.

crackup[1].gif
crackup[1].gif

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Connemara
If refreshing means gaudy and visually offensive, then...well, I guess so.

Whatever you say Mrs. Landsbury.

apocalypse later

Reaction score
They Mayor, as much as I love Polo and feel it's simply classic, that shirt is just obnoxious. The branding is too "in your face" and just too big. The jeans would look fine if you wore them a bit lower.

Cosmos, maybe it's just the picture but that cardi looks WAY too tight. Otherwise nice fit if you would have a sized up cardi.

P2G2, that's awesome. Looks effortless and simple as it should.

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score

Stardust was so f'ing great. Followed the book perfectly without a lot of major re-interpretation. I read it when it first published and thought it would make an amazing movie, and I was stoked to see it finally realized.

Bergdorf Goodwill

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
As someone who thinks designer hype is almost universally bullshit, I'll cosign on Lanvin being nice stuff -- you'd wear the **** out of some of their overcoats, Connemara. It isn't all purple bowties.

PG2G

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks. He's actually my nephew.

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score

I prefer constructive criticism for what people post here as this thread is called "What Are You Wearing Now/Today" the last time I checked.

I find it rather humorous that you assume to know my tastes. Why do you believe I have a particular disdain for Lanvin? Why do you believe I have something against "some of the most refreshing things in menswear?" What have I said to give you this impression?

I mean, just look at Lanvin:
picture24rt5.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads