• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Recent purchases

Status
Not open for further replies.

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
Mine is from the 1st Lanvin runway collection (FL 06) and I think your "washed/wrinkled" jacket is from the SS 07 collection...each of ours have their correct and intended look.

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SoCal2NYC
Mine is from the 1st Lanvin runway collection (FL 06) and I think your "washed/wrinkled" jacket is from the SS 07 collection...each of ours have their correct and intended look.

OH, I misunderstood your comment as saying it was from the same collection as mine (indeed S/S 07), where the main idea was that jackets were wrinkled and fabrics often had a used/washed look. My bad, still a great jacket although, like most of Lanvin, the non-wrinkled version is too "clean" for my style.

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jet
Thanks asobu and dill.

Fuuma, how come you got two similar jackets?

I've been wanting something lanvin for some time now, I think I might pull the trigger on a small collar shirt and silk scarf/tie soon.

They are in no way similar: different cut, lapels, colour, pockets, fabric. You definitely would not say that if you saw them in person.

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
Originally Posted by VMan
Fuuma,

I had a black satin Costume National jacket that is similar to the notch lapel one you bought. Pretty cool.

The one from two seasons ago with the working buttonholes? If that's the case it is indeed gorgeous, nearly got it but the fit of costume is good but not ideal on me.

VMan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Fuuma
The one from two seasons ago with the working buttonholes? If that's the case it is indeed gorgeous, nearly got it but the fit of costume is good but not ideal on me.

Yeah, with the working buttonholes. I ended up selling it because it would have been a pain to have the sleeves altered, and also because I wouldn't have many opportunities to wear it. The Euro 50 fit me perfectly, and I typically wear a Euro 48.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chronoaug
Recent un-purchase for me. The post office fucked up and lost my Inapt Pea Coat so i'm out of my key winter jacket and $100. Also, my girlfriend's pea coat was lost at the same time. So now i'm in the market for a winter jacket again. Not really sure what i'm gonna end up getting. The only things i have to wear when it's cold now, is this one french f2 jacket that's alright fitting, an AA flex fleece hoodie that is pretty thin, and an ill fitting BR brown hoodie. Sucks that f/w stuff for all brands/stores aren't out yet.

Damn that sucks man. Checked out the apc peacoat again for you and the wool is nice, maybe the other poster saw another coat. I balked at the price so you can pretty much forget about it, I think around 500 or so.

They are in no way similar: different cut, lapels, colour, pockets, fabric. You definitely would not say that if you saw them in person.

Guess I'll just have to come and pay you a visit then player.

velobran

Reaction score
Just got back from Barney's Co-op in South Beach. Scored a pair of Even Steven dry organics for $35, penguin shirt for $20, and a pair of co-op suede loafers for $45. All sale stuff was and addional 50%. The Levi Andy Warhol were super slim for me ... and the only other dry denim they had was Rag & Bone and Crate. I tried on both and both were very nice, but you can't beat Nudies for $35.

phooi

Reaction score
Picked up a black "The Cast" tshirt at the HTC sale and a EG Fatigue Shirt Jacket in dark olive at the American Rag sale... both in small.

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
OH, I misunderstood your comment as saying it was from the same collection as mine (indeed S/S 07), where the main idea was that jackets were wrinkled and fabrics often had a used/washed look. My bad, still a great jacket although, like most of Lanvin, the non-wrinkled version is too "clean" for my style.

I like the wrinkled washed stuff as well; but, the 1st collection was a bit more polished than the non-chalant direction the brand is taking (which is fine by me). I realized I don'thave a black blazer and there is a great FL 07 1btn notch lapel in a similar swatch to your shawl that I want to get.

VMan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by velobran
Just got back from Barney's Co-op in South Beach. Scored a pair of Even Steven dry organics for $35, penguin shirt for $20, and a pair of co-op suede loafers for $45. All sale stuff was and addional 50%. The Levi Andy Warhol were super slim for me ... and the only other dry denim they had was Rag & Bone and Crate. I tried on both and both were very nice, but you can't beat Nudies for $35.
Those are ridiculous prices. I was at the Co-Op sale in Manhattan a few weeks ago. Prices were already decent then. Almost got a pair of black Raf jeans for $80ish, but I couldn't find my size.

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by phooi
Picked up a black "The Cast" tshirt at the HTC sale and a EG Fatigue Shirt Jacket in dark olive at the American Rag sale... both in small.

Did you get the black one with the purple figure on the front? I got one of those today too heh

phooi

Reaction score
Yep! So what do you think the purple figure on the front is? My wife thinks it's two dudes standing naked facing each other... I thought it looked like an alien.

Also, I almost bought a pair of the Stevenson jeans but they didn't have my size... Otherwise, there wasn't much there for me. What time were you there? I was there around 1pm.

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by phooi
Yep! So what do you think the purple figure on the front is? My wife thinks it's two dudes standing naked facing each other... I thought it looked like an alien.

Also, I almost bought a pair of the Stevenson jeans but they didn't have my size... Otherwise, there wasn't much there for me. What time were you there? I was there around 1pm.

I think we got there around 3 or so... lots of traffic.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Picked up some black cords (very langish) and my raf simons shirt (well technically ***** couldn't find it then calls me after I left so getting it tomorrow. RS shirt is sateen blue with silver tipped cuffs.

Didn't like the fit on the lanvin shirts and the ramie iirc was way too expensive. Lots of good stuff coming in for fall.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads