• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Recent purchases

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dill

Reaction score
First clothing purchase in several months. Just ordered a jackeet from Loden Dager and a short sleeve trovata button down. I have never seen Loden Dager in person or heard anything about them on this board, but it was too good of a deal to pass up. Jet, those sweaters look amazing.

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
Not really recent purchases but since I'm bored:

Lanvin silk/cotton black/navy 1 button shiny blazer:

Lanvin woool/linen black with satin shawl colar 1 button wrinkled tuxedo jacket:

Note: model=not me, which explains the badly adjusted sleeves.

asobu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Oh, while we're on the subject, I finally saw that Junya jacket you posted in a fit several months ago, in Tokyo on sale. It's amazing. Too bad they only had it in XS (or SS, as they prefer to call it) left. I cried a little.

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Fuuma
Not really recent purchases but since I'm bored:

Then what are they?

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SoCal2NYC
Then what are they?

Relatively recent purchases
smile.gif
I just almost never post in here and haven't really bought clothes ultra recently so I posted my latest acquisitions. Let's call it delayed recent purchases...

LabelKing

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Fuuma
Relatively recent purchases
smile.gif
I just almost never post in here and haven't really bought clothes ultra recently so I posted my latest acquisitions. Let's call it delayed recent purchases...

I may be more conservative than most, but I have a hard time envisioning anytime I'd wear those tuxedo-inspired blazers. They just don't jive right to me.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Thanks asobu and dill.

Fuuma, how come you got two similar jackets?

I've been wanting something lanvin for some time now, I think I might pull the trigger on a small collar shirt and silk scarf/tie soon.

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LabelKing
I may be more conservative than most, but I have a hard time envisioning anytime I'd wear those tuxedo-inspired blazers.

They just don't jive right to me.

I have the second one in purple that I've worn to see The National Chorale, openings at The Met and work.

lanvin004.jpg

lan001.jpg

symph020.jpg

chronoaug

Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)
Reaction score
Recent un-purchase for me. The post office fucked up and lost my Inapt Pea Coat so i'm out of my key winter jacket and $100. Also, my girlfriend's pea coat was lost at the same time. So now i'm in the market for a winter jacket again. Not really sure what i'm gonna end up getting. The only things i have to wear when it's cold now, is this one french f2 jacket that's alright fitting, an AA flex fleece hoodie that is pretty thin, and an ill fitting BR brown hoodie. Sucks that f/w stuff for all brands/stores aren't out yet.

VMan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This vintage Lee western shirt that is pretty 'drugs'. Fits perfectly - nice and slim. From a thrift. Also got a Fred Perry polo - white with thin navy and red trim on the collar and sleeve cuffs. Made in England.

PICT0001-1.jpg

PICT0004-1.jpg

Dill

Reaction score
Originally Posted by chronoaug
Recent un-purchase for me. The post office fucked up and lost my Inapt Pea Coat so i'm out of my key winter jacket and $100. Also, my girlfriend's pea coat was lost at the same time. So now i'm in the market for a winter jacket again. Not really sure what i'm gonna end up getting. The only things i have to wear when it's cold now, is this one french f2 jacket that's alright fitting, an AA flex fleece hoodie that is pretty thin, and an ill fitting BR brown hoodie. Sucks that f/w stuff for all brands/stores aren't out yet.

I dont know how cold it gets there, but my EG hoodie I got at the end of last winter is pretty sweet. They have both the pullover and zip up on peasant.

chronoaug

Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)
Reaction score
Yea, i generally prefer my stuff slightly slimmer than the relatively full cut models that EG produces. Although, that black zip up raglan hoodie looks pretty nice. I'd still like an actual coat, but a decent hoodie is on my list too. That one looks purdy. Too bad i don't have the money for both a vacation to boston/nyc or LA to visit friends or family and to buy clothes there.

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SoCal2NYC
I have the second one in purple that I've worn to see The National Chorale, openings at The Met and work.

This one looks great in Lanvin purple. By the way is it me or is yours entirely unwrinkled? Do you try to keep it that way?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads