• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

MEGA PEACOAT THREAD - 61 threads merged - all Peacoat questions HERE

zacharydschroeder

Reaction score
Originally Posted by robbie
I actually very much like the white stripes, contrary to what ZacharyD might have presumed.

hey man, how was I to know you liked them? if you really want people to know you like them, you need to write about them a lot on myspace. did you see their Nylon cover?

robbie

Pleading Poverty
Reaction score
I did, and was tempted to buy said magazine until i realized nylon is an intelligent girls cosmo.

so instead i bought the NME with a free 7', HARP, and might pick up this other magazine I saw at barnes on monday

but about the buttons, i went to a fabric store, and walmart,and michaels, no effing dice

robbie

Joel_Cairo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LabelKing
The White Stripes tend to be a fashion-conscious musical group.
Originally Posted by robbie
I think their simplicity is what speaks volumes to me with regards to their fashion. Jack White is the only man I know who can make Hagar pants look awesome.
and goddamn if he doesn't know his way around a bedazzler. (Before becoming a big star, he used to own a furniture upholstry shop you know)

migo

Reaction score
hola

i'm 5'3", 100lbs...thinnnn and shorrtt (yea genetics f-ed me over)

anyway, i'm looking for a peacoat that would fit me reallly well...i can deal with a 3/4 length one too...black or blue...thats about all...i have a 33 chest and 28 waist...help me, somebody?

also, i'd prefer not to spend too much...i'm po'

poly800rock

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by migo
hola

i'm 5'3", 100lbs...thinnnn and shorrtt (yea genetics f-ed me over)

anyway, i'm looking for a peacoat that would fit me reallly well...i can deal with a 3/4 length one too...black or blue...thats about all...i have a 33 chest and 28 waist...help me, somebody?

also, i'd prefer not to spend too much...i'm po'

buy something from japan. a japanese XS or small seems to be good.

robbie

Pleading Poverty
Reaction score
they make smaller (32R and possibly smaller) navy issue peacoats. If you have access to an army/navy surplus store nab the best fitting one and have alterations made if all you are wanting is a black/blue peacoat.

If you are looking for a slimmer fitting one, your least expensive option is to pick up one from the womans section of any major department store over the next few months. I have several smaller framed friends who bought ladies peacoats last fall and were quite pleased with the look and fit.

If you are looking to drop some serious $$$ (or atleast serious imo) Calvin Klein has some very nice peacoats and trenches.

robbie

thisisme

Reaction score
I'm 5'3 but 115lbs.. looking for a few nice jackets...preferably shorter/cropped ...m65.... double breasted cropped pea,, even single breasted pea... anything on short length from japanese brands?

inapt i can only find to M and it's meant for bit taller ppl (5'6+)

Hare hard to find in S and the m65 length is ~26".. i need something in 22-21"

april 77 womens maybe?

migo

Reaction score
any places online? I was thinking BB or RL, but they haven't put up winter wear yet...I guess I might go troll some department stores...I saw one in TopMan when I was in London last week and it fit me perfectly but I just couldn't pull the trigger on it =\\ bleah.

chronoaug

Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)
Reaction score
I'm interested in responses as well, just because i'm looking for a peacoat for fall. Not all brands/stores have put out the f/w stuff yet though. I liked the look of the corpus one from their lookbook.

April 77 would probably work for shorter stuff. Their stuff is unisex and in the peacoat thread from back in april/may there was a cropped peacoat that was discussed that might look normal on a person of your stature. I don't know how all the sizing and proportions work though.

migo

Reaction score
hmm...anyone wanna sell me their aprill 77 size small peacoat for cheap?
tounge.gif

a tailor

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
if you know someone in the navy, he can buy one for you from the ships stores.
thats like the army post exchange, prices are reasonable and good quality.
i think their sizes start 32 or 34 and go way up there. also short,reg, and longs.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads