• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

(Old) What Are You Wearing Now/Today? Part II - pictures only - no discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by modual
I like your fits normally but i'm not sure about the jeans here. They look to tapered to me, maybe its the shoes throwing them off a bit dunno. They kinda make your thighs look big. I have the same problems with tapered jeans
Originally Posted by drizzt3117
Hm, I thought his TF were black and those were SS flame, but I could be wrong. In any case, I think it looks good and well-balanced.
Originally Posted by BrettChaotix
TF's are tapered a bit and whodini mentioned when he first got them that he sized up one to avoid the super-tight look.

The TF's might look kind of big on my thighs but I think my hands in my pockets did that and wearing them for the first time after soaking them probably didn't help. To refresh your memory, this is from the first time I wore them and I think they look killer:
cimg3659ch9.jpg

Originally Posted by berlin report
Who, nice one. Love the colors. Getting ready for Fall?
What fall, my Berliner brother? Costa Rica has two seasons: Rainy and partially rainy.

Originally Posted by BrettChaotix
whodini - I really like that outfit but with the button down shirt having a looser fit than the cardi do you find it uncomfortably bunched up in the sleeves? Are you able to take the cardi off and not have the sleeves on the shirt noticeable wrinkled?
Shirt is pretty fitted but the tightness of the cardi is actually an advantage. Once I pull the sleeves through, the cardi keeps the shirt in place like glue and keeps it looking fresh. Had I actually ironed my shirt before wearing it, you might have seen that.
laugh.gif

Lastly, my fit for today:
cimg3751nt4.jpg

Wrangler shirt
Vintage Humbolt belt
SSDS Svenka
Fleabay

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
Originally Posted by whodini
Wrangler shirt
Vintage Humbolt belt
SSDS Svenka
Fleabay

This really works for me. It's probably the pseudo-rockabilly vibe with the selvage cuffs, western shirt and heavy looking boots(?).

and most importantly, you're tucked

Guess I'll keep you around after all

Saucemaster

Sized Down 2
Reaction score
Lastly, my fit for today:
Wrangler shirt
Vintage Humbolt belt
SSDS Svenka
Fleabay

The hip and legs on the Svens look a little large--are they still sort of stiff? Because it looks like it's probably resulting from the jeans not draping well.

Brian278

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What fall, my Berliner brother? Costa Rica has two seasons: Rainy and partially rainy. Lastly, my fit for today: Wrangler shirt Vintage Humbolt belt SSDS Svenka Fleabay
I spent a week one summer in Costa Rica when I was about 15 and it rained heavily everyday at 3 PM, so consistently you could set your watch by it. That denim looks incredibly rich in that photo, probably just good natural lighting.

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Get Smart
This really works for me. It's probably the pseudo-rockabilly vibe with the selvage cuffs, western shirt and heavy looking boots(?). and most importantly, you're tucked Guess I'll keep you around after all
inlove.gif
I aim to please. Women.
Originally Posted by Saucemaster
The hip and legs on the Svens look a little large--are they still sort of stiff? Because it looks like it's probably resulting from the jeans not draping well.
Yeah, I've worn them maybe four or five times so far and they still feel like they day I got them.
confused.gif
The fit fine in the top block since I sized down one but I think it'll take a few more wears for them to drape accordingly. Sincerely, Who

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Brian278
I spent a week one summer in Costa Rica when I was about 15 and it rained heavily everyday at 3 PM, so consistently you could set your watch by it. That denim looks incredibly rich in that photo, probably just good natural lighting.
Funny you mention that. Just got back from lunch. Rain started promptly at 2, stopped at 4. Svenka's steaky and slubby as hell. It's not just the photo.

Rye GB

Angry Englishman
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Fuuma
I really like this although I shouldn't.

You know what it is?.

If the jeans had been anything more than the thrifted "Light Blue" 517's I'm wearing I would be in "Hype Beast territory. The tee is actually ok, I'm not really down with graphic tee's hence the boring repetition of Black & White AA tee's that are getting me through the Cali summer. It's homage to the Clash and my mate Sean from Rockers made it, so it's worn as a bro down for him really. The shoes! Supreme Dunks!, forget about the manic hype beasts lining up for all that silly **** for a second. I've shopped at Supreme since 1998 when I lived in New York, before the nonsense, before the staff got all uppity and entered the gates of Douche Dom. There product quality is average, there point of view and political undertones are key. The brand is good but the customer base drags them way way down because their all sheep who for the most part are purchasing the product for the wrong reasons. It's actually a well designed shoe, I've always liked Dunks for their basic style lines and I'm not afraid of color.
Well that was all introspective and **** but at least your privy to my dressing habits now.

Lel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Chris.
same sameeeeeeeeeee

8-9-07.jpg

h&m
rick owens
ann demeulemeester
muji
ann demeulemeester

Those boots are sick, insanely sick. How much are they?

poly800rock

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by denimdestroyedmylife
self936.jpg

barbour waxed flat cap
steven alan reverse seam inside pocket
ryukyuai
clarks desert boots
mil

did you get a CMF filter for your camera? i want one of those too

Saucemaster

Sized Down 2
Reaction score
Yeah, I've worn them maybe four or five times so far and they still feel like they day I got them.
confused.gif
The fit fine in the top block since I sized down one but I think it'll take a few more wears for them to drape accordingly.

Word. Keep on keepin' on, brother, they're looking good.

The_Mayor

Reaction score
I'm going to be in NYC next week. Besides the obvious stores (H&M, APC, etc...), where are the best places to hit for good streetwear? Best denim stores? Here in Texas, it's hard to find brands like 5EP and Iron Heart, so I'd like to find some in NY.

Also going to be in DC. Would it be better to go to Deminbar instead?

chronoaug

Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)
Reaction score
There are literally 3-4 threads in the past few month or two exactly about new york shopping. Do an advanced search in the sw&d forum for new york and search only thread titles. You should find a couple. big, oak, 45rpm, odin, famous friends, ndg, etc..... Most of them have locations too. I think there was a thread earlier today about it actually with some guy asking about black friday new york stores.

Nice look, diddy. The steven alan shirt looks decent from where i'm standing. I was bidding on one on ebay but i forgot about it and missed out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics