• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

(Old) What Are You Wearing Now/Today? Part II - pictures only - no discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saucemaster

Sized Down 2
Reaction score
Originally Posted by The_Mayor
OK seriously, I don't get you guys. I have seen this very same AA cardigan, fitting the same way, on countless posts here. When Sauce and others wear a closer fit like this, you guys love it:

Actually, I got a similar response on that first picture you posted, albeit a little toned down. A lot of people said it looked feminine, and while it took me a while to see it, I understand what they were saying. Also, the cardi in my pic is a little looser and longer than the one in yours.

ts4them

Reaction score
OK seriously, I don't get you guys. I have seen this very same AA cardigan, fitting the same way, on countless posts here. When Sauce and others wear a closer fit like this, you guys love it:
Honestly, I'm 5'9" with a 29" waist. The next size up looked like a grandpa cardigan.

It's more about shape than size in this case. Sauce is more 'straight up and down' through the torso, and more masculine in shape.

Rye GB

Angry Englishman
Reaction score
Sunday:
SF16.jpg
AA x Dior x Dries Today:
SF173.jpg
Nike x 45rpm x Con I do like SoCal's Martin Margiela black wool/cotton legionaire pant. I'd have to bastardize them though and pair with thrashed chucks and a ratty tee!.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Honestly, I'm 5'9" with a 29" waist. The next size up looked like a grandpa cardigan.

Well, to be fair, when Sauce posted that pic up top, he got a lot of razzing for the way he buttoned the cardigan. I say, button up from the second last button. The color that that cardigan really doesn't help as well. I think that if you tried a darker color, *and* buttoned up higher, you might do better. Or it could just be that you can't pull off a certain look. I don't look like Steve McQueen in Bullitt when I wear a black turtleneck. I look like a dork.

chronoaug

Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)
Reaction score
OK seriously, I don't get you guys. I have seen this very same AA cardigan, fitting the same way, on countless posts here. When Sauce and others wear a closer fit like this, you guys love it: Honestly, I'm 5'9" with a 29" waist. The next size up looked like a grandpa cardigan.
Didn't you see the discussion about 8 posts long talking about how the cardigan looked somewhat feminine on sauce? It was directly after he posted it. And his even fits better. It looks like the AA cardigan and i know the sizing is weird. It just pulls a bit under your arms and in the chest area giving a more feminine shape and illusion of breasts. Also, your arms look like they can't even breathe it's so tight, especially on the forearms. Sauce's at least drapes a bit more as yours is caught up on your body from being a bit too tight. I own the same cardigan in black but it fits me a bit better since i think i'm a bit taller/smaller than you so i'm not in between sizes on it but i'm still not a huge fan of the way it fits buttoned in certain ways. I'm sure it would look fine unbuttoned, but for some reason the AA cardigan can look a bit off on people who aren't really skinny. Especially in a more unforgiving color such as your's. People are just trying to help you and they're right. It just doesn't look right. Just because the next size up is too big doesn't mean the size below it is just right. Sometimes an article of clothing just doesn't work and you have to call it a day. A good 90% of the people are going to give you pretty good, honest feedback on clothes. People give whodini, drizzt, sauce, gs, socal and other regulars criticism too, but those guys have been working on their styles for a good long time and are generally in more of a rhythm. However, when something looks off, those guys certainly hear about it. edit: What the hell guys? I go to talk on the phone while i'm typing my post and when i come back 50 people have posted in front of me? I hate you all.

michaeljkrell

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, there was no wind. I have no idea what it was doing in the house. I was looking for this vintage black umbrella that was in the house, but I couldn't find it. I have never seen this lawn umbrella before...

Saucemaster

Sized Down 2
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chronoaug
A good 90% of the people are going to give you pretty good, honest feedback on clothes. People give whodini, drizzt, sauce, gs, socal and other regulars criticism too, but those guys have been working on their styles for a good long time and are generally in more of a rhythm. However, when something looks off, those guys certainly hear about it.

Which is how it should be, too. Unless a user specifically posts that he's not interested in criticism, I assume that at least part of his reason for posting in this thread is to get feedback. I like knowing that the way I was buttoning the cardigan came off as effeminate, since that's obviously pretty crucial information that I was missing. Next time I can either button it differently, or say "*******, call me Nancy if you have to, but I'm rocking it this way." I'll opt for the former, but even if I did decide to keep it the same, at least I'd know a little better what sort of image I'd be projecting.

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
Every two months someone goes and gets as sensitive as pregnant nipples about their critiqued fit. Yeah, it sucks when the universe is at harmony with how much your "killer" fit blows, but take it as a hint and move on. Or ignore us and move on. But for the love of God, don't ***** us out about critiquing a fit negatively on a thread used to critique fits. Sauce is on this one. Unless you post that you don't want to hear it, you're gonna hear it. The reason you'll hear it, aside from the previously mentioned fact that this thread is for critiquing fits, is that if people don't hear the negatives then there's little to no hope for self-improvement and growth. This place would go up in flames for me real quick if there was nothing but "I like that ill-fitting sweater on you, Jennifer" or "I've never seen that kind of pastel color on a blouse since the mid '80s, Susan. Nicely done." I'm here to hear all sides, but hey, your mileage may vary.

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
Is it to much effort to type "out"?

kallun

Reaction score
Thanks for your nice comments ts4them and SoCal.
Originally Posted by Get Smart
I'm just the opposite, I really like the Lavin loafers (having seen them IRL) but I'm not crazy about the trews, reminds me of something a marching band member would wear. The cut looks good, just not digging the gold stripe, but that detail is probably the bit that makes it desirable.
I have no objections on the construction or material in the loafers. I think that loafers in general is a butt ugly shoetype and making them red and shiny only makes people notice them even more
wink.gif
The gold stripe is what makes it more fun than the average trouser IMHO : We should go shopping together Get Smart, we would never fight over the same items
smile.gif
/TKL

The_Mayor

Reaction score
Originally Posted by whodini
Every two months someone goes and gets as sensitive as pregnant nipples about their critiqued fit. Yeah, it sucks when the universe is at harmony with how much your "killer" fit blows, but take it as a hint and move on. Or ignore us and move on. But for the love of God, don't ***** us out about critiquing a fit negatively on a thread used to critique fits. Sauce is on this one. Unless you post that you don't want to hear it, you're gonna hear it. The reason you'll hear it, aside from the previously mentioned fact that this thread is for critiquing fits, is that if people don't hear the negatives then there's little to no hope for self-improvement and growth. This place would go up in flames for me real quick if there was nothing but "I like that ill-fitting sweater on you, Jennifer" or "I've never seen that kind of pastel color on a blouse since the mid '80s, Susan. Nicely done." I'm here to hear all sides, but hey, your mileage may vary.
Jesus man, I wasn't getting "pregnant nipples" or anything. I honestly didn't get it, because to me it didn't look any different than the other fits I'd seen on here. It seems a lot of people on this board gets antsy when they actually have to explain their opinions. I'm fine with constructive criticism, but "That sweater blows. Burn it" ain't helping. Even "it doesn't fit right" doesn't help. All I wanted to know was WHY it didn't fit right.

Since I've already bought it, hopefully stretching it out is an option. I can't afford to buy clothes and then not wear them.

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kallun
We should go shopping together Get Smart, we would never fight over the same items
smile.gif

/TKL

haha unless we end up at Spencer Hart. But it looks like you wear a different size than me so we'd be cool

Saucemaster

Sized Down 2
Reaction score
Since I've already bought it, hopefully stretching it out is an option. I can't afford to buy clothes and then not wear them.
It's worth a shot--have you washed it yet? My AA cardi shrunk quite noticeably in the wash, but you can sort of stretch it a bit if you need to. If you haven't washed it yet, then I'm afraid it's probably just going to be too small.
frown.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads