• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Definitive Guide to Slim Fit Shirts

crwecko

Reaction score
"Any of the designer brands make slim shirts. This is especially true once you get at the more esoteric brands such as Dries van Noten or Undercover."

I wouldn't say that ANY designer brand makes slim shirts. Dolce and Gabbana and Gucci is cut more for bigger guys for instance and they are cut like a box in comparison to something like Dior Homme.

"Comme Des Garcons" Is probably the least slim-fitting shirts of all I would say, they are cut like a box. The Junya Watanabe line is a bit more fitted but it's a bit too casual and sports like with too much detailing for my taste.

If you want some good slim-fit shirts go for something like: Balenciaga, Dior Homme (Although Kriss Van Asche is making them a bit more boxy now), ATO, Miu Miu...

Brands like Zegna, Brioni, Etro, and other suit designers I would stear away from because they have too boxy a cut. I feel that most designers know nothing about tailoring and what it is to make a fitted shirt. The best shirt I have is a Balenciaga.

If you dont want it too fitted then Lanvin is good as well, they make some of the best quality shirts around (the proper pret-a-porter Lanvin not the suit boutique).

watsonaqua

Reaction score
I am relatively tall (6') and have relatively large shoulders, being a lifelong competitive swimmer. There are two off-the-shelf designers that work best for me: Dolce & Gabbana slim fit AND Alain Gussein, whose clothes are available exclusively at Bergdorf Goodman.

Drinkwaters

OG
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Greetings,

Today, I recieved the specs for the new Hilditch & Key Trim Fit shirts. I thought I would share them with whomever is interested. We were informed while at the Collective in NY last week that we are the only retailer in the US to offer the trim fit from them.

Gary

\t\t\t\t\t\t
\t\t\t\t\t\t
\t\t\t\t\t\t
\t\t\t\t\t\t
\t\t\t\t\t\t
\t\t\t\t\t\t
\t\t\t\t\t\t
\t\t\t\t\t\t
\t\t\t\t\t\t
SLIM FIT SIZE SPEC (INCHES)\t\t\t\t\t\t
\t\t\t\t\t\t
\t\t\t\t\t\tBODY
SIZE\tCOLLAR\tCHEST\tWAIST\tSLEEVE\tYOKE\t LENGTH
\t\t\t\t\t\t
14 1/2\t14 3/4\t43\t37\t34\t17 1/2\t30 1/4
15\t15 1/4\t45\t39\t34\t18 \t30 1/4
15 1/2\t15 3/4\t47\t41\t34 1/2\t18 1/2\t30 1/4
16\t16 1/4\t49\t43\t35\t19 \t30 3/4
16 1/2\t16 3/4\t51\t45\t35 1/2\t19 1/2\t30 3/4
17\t17 1/4\t53\t47\t36\t20 \t31 1/4
17 1/2\t17 3/4\t55\t49\t36 \t20 1/2\t31 1/4

imageWIS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by drink8648
Greetings,

Today, I recieved the specs for the new Hilditch & Key Trim Fit shirts. I thought I would share them with whomever is interested. We were informed while at the Collective in NY last week that we are the only retailer in the US to offer the trim fit from them.

Gary

Gary, you should edit your post and post prices as well. Do you have fabric samples you can take pictures of and post them on SF?

Jon.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
tiny sleeves...
frown.gif

Maharlika

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
j lindenberg has slim fit shirts.

imageWIS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
After coming back from the RL store in Bal Harbour yesterday, I can safely say that RL carries no slim-fit shirts of any kind. I mean they have "˜slim' shirts, but the name is very misleading, even the BL shirts which are supposed to slimmer are anything but. The RL items I have found which have actually been slim are the Polo shirts, disappointing really.

Jon.

FIHTies

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by imageWIS
After coming back from the RL store in Bal Harbour yesterday, I can safely say that RL carries no slim-fit shirts of any kind. I mean they have "˜slim' shirts, but the name is very misleading, even the BL shirts which are supposed to slimmer are anything but. The RL items I have found which have actually been slim are the Polo shirts, disappointing really.

Jon.

You need to buy some of those "slimming pins" that they sell. A new accessory. Not available on the site but when you order shirts ask for them specifically in the comments box.

Its not a big deal as long as you keep your back to the walls when wearing them.

smile.gif

wig2903

Reaction score
Gary, you should edit your post and post prices as well. Do you have fabric samples you can take pictures of and post them on SF?

Jon.

I don't know if this will help, but in the H&K shops on Jermyn Street slim fit shirts were priced at £75.00.

For me they were an OK fit (5'11", 60kg), but are only available in white and blue. Also, and I have much to learn frmo this site about what makes a good shirt, I thought they felt and looked rather cheap which goes against the credible reputation H&K seems to have...

jkennett

Reaction score
The shirts that first come to mind for me are Hugo Boss Red Label and Ted Baker. With Ted Baker dress shirts always buy a half size larger in the neck as they run small. Dior, J. Lindeberg and Diesel (though they might be too stylized for a "dress shirt"), Theory, etc. Sorry if I've repeated brands that have already been mentioned.

macuser3of5

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Jon.

I have found that RL classic shirts (at least the ones I got a Marshall's) offer a decent fit if I size down from a 15.5" neck and a 39" chest (my actual numbers) to a 14.5/37.
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
plain.gif

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by drink8648
Greetings,

Gary

\t\t\t\t\t\t
\t\t\t\t\t\t
\t\t\t\t\t\t
\t\t\t\t\t\t
\t\t\t\t\t\t
\t\t\t\t\t\t
\t\t\t\t\t\t
\t\t\t\t\t\t
\t\t\t\t\t\t
SLIM FIT SIZE SPEC (INCHES)\t\t\t\t\t\t
\t\t\t\t\t\t
\t\t\t\t\t\tBODY
SIZE\tCOLLAR\tCHEST\tWAIST\tSLEEVE\tYOKE\t LENGTH
\t\t\t\t\t\t
14 1/2\t14 3/4\t43\t37\t34\t17 1/2\t30 1/4
15\t15 1/4\t45\t39\t34\t18 \t30 1/4
15 1/2\t15 3/4\t47\t41\t34 1/2\t18 1/2\t30 1/4
16\t16 1/4\t49\t43\t35\t19 \t30 3/4
16 1/2\t16 3/4\t51\t45\t35 1/2\t19 1/2\t30 3/4
17\t17 1/4\t53\t47\t36\t20 \t31 1/4
17 1/2\t17 3/4\t55\t49\t36 \t20 1/2\t31 1/4

A 47 inch chest on a 15 1/2 shirt is slim?
confused.gif

UK2004

Reaction score
Slimmest fit I have come across in around 30 shirt makers is Truzzi Milano and Dolce and Gabbana Slim Fit, both extremely slim fitting and tight arms.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Staff online

Forum statistics