• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Stores that are not too expensive in NYC?

ryan123

Reaction score
Im planning to go to NYC for black friday. Im planning to go with a tour group, so the time is limited. So Im wondering which stores have good discounts. Im looking forward to buy some jeans for around 100 US (APC NS, New Cure, April 77). Maybe some jackets and coats for around 100-200 US. Im going with my friends, and we are all university students so we are not that rich lol. Looking for deals on shoes, sweaters, and shirts as well. Here's the list I found after I researched through sufu, but I am not sure which stores I should skip or add because it's gonna be really expensive.
I heard century 21 is a good department store with lots of discounts.

SOHO
APC.
Uniqlo.
Famous Friends.
Nom De Guerre.
Seven
comme des garcons
opening ceremony
Union
Stussy
if (soho) 94 grand st
flying a

East village
Odin
Famous friends
Nom De Guerre.

Nolita
Clientele
Ksubi
Classic kicks
Supreme
Atelier
steven alan

Upper east
Barneys newyork

Midtown
Saks

tribeca
Century 21

Noho
Atrium

calvin1663

Reaction score
all of the above range from expensive to really expensive...if you're on a budget, barney's isn't going to be the place to shop

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ryan123
SOHO

Cloak. Not going to be open in November
Yves saint laurent rive gauche homme Not in SoHo

Upper east
Barneys newyork Usually only their Barneys label stuff is on extra sale

Midtown
Saks Does have a black Friday extra 25% off sale

Tribeca
Century 21 Always a bargain

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Slightly off-topic (sorry), but how bad is black friday in NYC? Is it pretty crazy, like in most suburban areas?

leftover_salmon

Reaction score
Those places are all way too expensive...$100 budget for jeans and 45rpm and BiG are on your list? Marc Jacobs, where a plain tee is $250?

ryan123

Reaction score
Originally Posted by SoCal2NYC
thanks for the info, How about odin,steven alan, Famous friends, Atrium ,Seven and Union?

ryan123

Reaction score
Originally Posted by leftover_salmon
Those places are all way too expensive...$100 budget for jeans and 45rpm and BiG are on your list? Marc Jacobs, where a plain tee is $250?
I was hoping maybe they would be a lot cheaper during black friday
musicboohoo[1].gif

calvin1663

Reaction score
cheaper...maybe...from $300+ down to low $100 range? definitely not.

leftover_salmon

Reaction score
Actually, I just found out that for Black Friday, 45rpm will be having an amazing one-day only sale: you can get a pair of Jomons for just $754. Yes, you read that right, an amazing 0% off!

ryan123

Reaction score
Originally Posted by calvin1663
it's like they're giving them away...
Alrite guys I have eliminated some of those high end stores from my list.
worship.gif

How about recommending me some good department stores then?
smile.gif

ryan123

Reaction score
Originally Posted by chronoaug
Barneys coop. saks, bloomingdales, macys etc... I don't know where they are but i'm sure their websites do. People have been discussing century 21 in another thread.
Whats the discount I can expect at Barnyes coop? How long will it take to walk from Chelsea area to Soho area?

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ryan123
Whats the discount I can expect at Barnyes coop? And how about Jeffrey?

At Barneys Co-op you can except at 25-30% discount on very limited selections of Co-op branded stuff, and even there, there is going to be little under $100. Jeffrey is famously pricey, even by NYC standards, so forget it. It doesn't seem that you are looking for particularly escoteric stuff, however, so I am not sure that you are best served by going to boutiques selling rarified stuff. At Atelier, for example, you are unlikely to even find accessories under $100. Century 21 is a good idea. You may also consider Scoop, which is a mini chain. Their brands and prices run the gamut.

If you are into streetwear stuff (more hypebeast than what we generally discuss here), some Supreme and some stuff at Union will be in your price range. Stussy is quite price accessible.

Definitely hit up Uniqlo. This is probably the best place for you to find decent basics at.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads