• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Recent purchases

Status
Not open for further replies.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SoCal2NYC
Was it the black washed silk/wool single button notch lapel or the washed tux jacket? Both are great and I love how they fit me to a t right OTR; but, I already have 2 Lanvin blazers and want the overcoat more so I'm putting them on the backburner for now.
I'm assuming Fred Segal has both since Lanvin is horrible with their shipping/production and Barneys and Jeffery here both have the same assortment.

They had so many fuckin lanvin blazers I didn't know what was what and they're cut so slim I had to size up to 54 and I'm only 180 pounds. Tons of branquinho as well but now they now carry seize sur vingst and libertine in addition to their shawn collins garbage. Were the white patent lace-ups from spring?

base1001

Reaction score
three small polos from a&f, picked them up from the "back room" for like $12 each, bonus
bigstar[1].gif
a pair of jeans from them also, the sale ones, saranac, i tried to get the ones with no flair. and a pair of diesel shoes. i have been penny pinching and all i ment to pick up when i went out was some conditioner for my hair.

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
Really a 54?? How tall are you? I'm 6'2" and 180 and a 52 fits me right off the rack.

Well I wish NY had "so many ******* blazers" instead of marsupialed $1800 sweatpants.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
I'm 5'11" and my buddy said that it was french sizing or some **** but 52s in everything usually fit fine. All these years at the gym for nothing ha! I'm sure of the them were from spring as well but they had at least 4-5 different types but since I wasn't buying I didn't pay attention to the nuances or merits of each. Were the white patent lace-ups from spring?

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
Never got into basketweave shoes, even tho it's a staple in the sussed Mod community. The one thing I don't get is how to keep them shined, it seems like polish would get stuck in all the weave ridges and be a pain to keep shined. Sort of like Dayton rims in shoe form.

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jet
They had so many fuckin lanvin blazers I didn't know what was what and they're cut so slim I had to size up to 54 and I'm only 180 pounds. Tons of branquinho as well but now they now carry seize sur vingst and libertine in addition to their shawn collins garbage. Were the white patent lace-ups from spring?

Weird, I wear my usual size in Lanvin, and it seems to be the same for Socal. Was the fit at the shoulders good and the armholes comfortable be small?

As for the french sizing suits are usually tagged the same as any European ones so a 54 would be a us 42-44.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Fuuma-

My trouble with most are my shoulders and lats, I gotta stop working out. I couldn't get my arm through the armhole in the 52.

BrettChaotix

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Get Smart
Never got into basketweave shoes, even tho it's a staple in the sussed Mod community. The one thing I don't get is how to keep them shined, it seems like polish would get stuck in all the weave ridges and be a pain to keep shined. Sort of like Dayton rims in shoe form.

this will be my first pair and I hadn't considered the polishing issue...hmmmm
blush.gif

zacharydschroeder

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Get Smart

aside from yourself, are there any other sussed mods on the forum?

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
Originally Posted by zacharydschroeder
aside from yourself, are there any other sussed mods on the forum?

Guys I know who have posted before with varying regularity but not recently:
-Claudio from DNAGroove (posted quite a few pics in WAYWT in MC for a few weeks)
-Alex Roest, but he doesnt post on many boards anymore other than his articles on uppers.org
-a fellow that went by the name of Modernist, from Greece...plays guitar in a great hammond grooves band called the Hipstairs, but he hasnt posted in a long time

SoulStylist who still posts and has his pic on WAYWT occasionally is a retired trad skinhead

then there are guys who have Mod-ish sensibilities and some shared music taste that arent self-proclaimed mods...bandwagonesque comes to mind.

Souper

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Had trouble ordering from peasant online. (Card wouldn't go through for some reason.) So, went to soho today to see if uniqlo got the selvedge jeans in(not yet) and ended up buying Nom De Guerre jeans a couple blocks away. Cool shop, the entrance to the store kicks ass. The shawl collar coat was pretty cool, as well as their trench. So tempting to forgo buying the girlfriend a burberry coat(her first!) for selfish reasons -.-

Atrium had nothing at all for me but the saleswoman was EXTREMELY helpful to my girlfriend. Some random jeans i've never heard of, but until they make raw stretch selvedge that fits her like bespoke I'll stop trying to get her into raws.

Back to my NDG jeans. Really smooth! In a good way. Selvedge denim, nice rivets, buttons, with very minimal detailing. I'll be hemming them at BiG tomorrow.

Willsw

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wanted to start wearing a watch, I haven't for a few (10) years. I don't know anything about watches, movements, or what makes a quality watch, and am learning slowly but am in no hurry. For a few days I was really into a Nooka, but decided I'd be much happier with a simple classic. As I'm not even sure I'll be able to have something constantly on my wrist, I decided on a cheap quartz, the token trad Timex. Fate was not in favor of that $30 epitome of boring, though, and browsing STP I found an Orvis 61% off for $50, and decided to alter my price range from $30 to $60 in order to not be completely without character. So, here that is. I think I'll get some Central Watch straps for more casual wear.

One thing that was a not altogether welcome surprise is that the hands are metallic blue, something that the stock photo shows slightly but not really enough to notice. I'm fine with this.

Stock photo:
orviss.jpg

My photo:
watch2.jpg

whacked

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^ I really dig the dial. For ~$50 and with some patience, you can get a Russian handwind (a step up in term of movement, w/ a variety of designs). That said, excellent pick up.

Willsw

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by whacked
For ~$50 and with some patience, you can get a Russian handwind (a step up in term of movement, w/ a variety of designs).

Is "with some patience" code for eBay? I know the incredible potential of that holy place, but I'm afraid I am not confident enough in my watch knowledge to brave the waters quite yet. I think the next step will be a new automatic in the $100-$200, or ebay.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads