• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Toronto, ON.

Bergdorf Goodwill

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I will be in Toronto from Monday until Thursday or thereabouts. Let me know if you want to show me things or punch me in the face or something. Any particular places I should check out? We'll be looking all around the Queen St. area.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
CNTower.jpg

evilgeniusdan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Lmfao!

Toronto has good dim sum if you know where to find it... I don't though.

jonnydrama

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Bergdorf Goodwill
I will be in Toronto from Monday until Thursday or thereabouts. Let me know if you want to show me things or punch me in the face or something. Any particular places I should check out? We'll be looking all around the Queen St. area.

check the distillery district...parliament and mill street...nice little place to chill out on a beautiful day....art galleries and studios, great patios, even has one of the few stores in toronto that carries r&b, kmw and other brands talked about on this site.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You are pretty close to the heart of things. From where you are, you are close to a lot of the shops on Queen West, and it's a hop, skip, and jump away from the chi-chi stores and cafes of Yorkville (honestly, of all these, I only like uncle Otis, which is bit of an anomaly in the area,) and of Bloor (which has Marc Laurent for some more sedate designer stuff, Holt Renfrew, etc...) Nomad is not as close, but is a short drive away. I imagine that there is a bus there as well. However, the prices are considerably higher than American price, and there is the mindblowing 15% tax (GST+PST).

Foodwise, the Dim Sum in Toronto is better than that of any city in North America or Europe. (Well, there is one place in NYC.) However, as with every other city, the best Chinese food is not in the old Chinatown. It is in the subdivisions where the newer, wealthier immigrants live. There are good places in North York. At one of the big ass Chinese malls (go with some Chinese folk unless you want to get taken for a ride), the name of which eludes me, but it is West Something..., there are some very decent restaurants in small, very close by strip malls.

doink

Reaction score
A few Toronto tips

1) For transit, if you are going to be here for a week, get a weekly pass, lets you on and off the TTC as much as you want. Day passess are also available.

2) Eats on Queen West, west of Bathurst east to west - Little Tibet (tibetan),Chippies (fish and chips), swan (ok modern interpretations of comfort food) Addis Abbaba(Ethiopian), Ali's Roti (a bit far west but worth the trip)

3) Eats on Queen West, east of Bathurst - west to east - Albert's Real Jerk (get the seaweed shake or homemade ginger beer), Fressen (vegetarian gourmet)

4) Kensington Market area for shopping and food- north of dundas and west spadina, real close to queen west. Check out Torito for tapas.

5) Distillery District is pretty good, but closes early. Take the king car east to Parliament and walk down. Have a mill street stock ale at the brewery.

6) High end eats - Jamie Kennedy's Wine Bar (Church and Front, no reservations taken, king of the local food movement)

7) Drinking - Horseshoe Tavern, a Toronto classic (queen st), Sneaky Dees (punk tex mex - college street at bathurst)

8) If you go to Yorkville, walk west along Bloor into the Annex neighbourhood, must see Honest Eds and the university girls. Check out Sushi on Bloor(south side of street). You'll also get to see the crystal at the ROM.

9) You may also want to check out College Street, west of Bathurst - Little Italy, lots of restaurants and patios, some shopping. If you are into eye wear check out Rapp Optical.

(10) Bring comfortable shoes, everything is walkable and connected by neighbourhoods that are safe to walk through regradless of the time of day (queen and bathurst is a bit sketchy, but safe)

Hope these help, any specific questions, ask away. It is really hot and humid here right now.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads