• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Bugatti Veyron - Pegaso Edition

avec_moi

Reaction score
I would seriously **** this car...

Bugatti-Veyron-Pegaso.jpg

Some times are for Michelob, and other times are for Cristal. The vehicle you see above and in the gallery below -- the Bugatti Veyron Pegaso Edition -- is one of the latter. Similarly, we're assuming there are some times we guess it's important for Russian oil barons to set themselves apart from the rest of the mere "filthy rich," and show the world they're actually part of the "ridiculously rich" club. Here's how one particular Russian oil baron did it. The man, who happens to actually live in Dubai's Burj Al Arab seven-star hotel, snagged himself a Bugatti Veyron and then decided it was necessary to spend a little bit more money with some pimper of autos who's recycling the name of an old Spanish coachbuilder that worked with Alfa Romeo and Ferrari during the 1950's to boost the output on the machine by an extra 200 horses. That brings the final number to an absolutely ree-dic-u-luss 1200 HP, and we're thinking may even pop that top speed well over the 250 MPH+ mark it's already at -- unless of course it just explodes. But really, our only question here is -- does the man wipe himself on the toilet with hundred dollar bills, or does he pay someone to do that for him? Oh yeah, and the going price we're assuming is significantly more than the $1.2 million for the standard Veyron.
http://jalopnik.com/cars/booyah-buga...ugh-285512.php

DNW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That car is stunning! At least this dude has taste, or paid for someone who does. He'll probably wife his ass on it, just because he could.

LabelKing

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I don't know who this Pegaso they reference is, but the most noted auto Pegaso was the very exclusive government-sponsered Spanish car factory that was built on the remains of the old Hispano-Suiza works. This was a small departure from their usual fare of trucks and such. Wifredo Ricart was the engineer who actually did indeed work for Alfa Romo pre-war, and also was a competitor to Ferrari, the man.
img03pop.jpg
In fact, I don't really think there was a coachbuilder named Pegaso that worked with Alfa and Ferrari during the '50s. I'm convinced this person made the whole thing up.

CoryB

Reaction score
Am I the only person who truly dislikes Bugatti's? Everyone always seems to rave, but if the pricetag was nearer to a 100,000 I would still be looking at others. It seems to be a race-car made sreet legal without updating the aesthetics.

I think LK's posted car is great and I saw a vintage Ferrari from the mid-late 60s today; that is a car that was stunning or that I would "seriously ****"

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

TheIdler

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
LK, you're right about Ricart being the man and Pegaso the brand. Jalopnik got it wrong, though Ricart did work at Alfa during the pre-war period, overlapping some with Enzo Ferrari's time there. (Huh, I just realized that both went on to found companies with horses as their logos.) Some of those Pegasos were amazing, with bodies designed by Jacques Saoutchik. Baron von Thyssen's was reputed to have authentic leopard fur upholstery. Those heady, halcyon pre-PETA days.

Also, OT, but in the original quote it brings up Dubai's seven-star hotel. Ooh, seven! I've never understood this--is this meaningful? Or is it just like, say, redesigning your amp so you can say, "this one goes to eleven"?

Southern-Nupe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The new one isn't bad, it's excessive but not bad. I love the vintage Bugatti's of the yesteryears, especially the Type 57 drophead.

avec_moi

Reaction score
Originally Posted by CoryB
Am I the only person who truly dislikes Bugatti's? Everyone always seems to rave, but if the pricetag was nearer to a 100,000 I would still be looking at others. It seems to be a race-car made sreet legal without updating the aesthetics.

I think LK's posted car is great and I saw a vintage Ferrari from the mid-late 60s today; that is a car that was stunning or that I would "seriously ****"

I typically think the Veyrons are ugly as hell...like a delorean raped a motorcycle from Tron, but this particular one I like, perhaps for just the colors. :/

As for other Bugatti's, they are indeed 'meh' at best.

zjpj83

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DarkNWorn
That car is stunning! At least this dude has taste, or paid for someone who does. He'll probably wife his ass on it, just because he could.

On the contrary, he has no taste. Everything that he gets he has customized and then has big plaques stating it's "1 of 1 limited edition" or something like that. He has the Zonda that's yellow with yellow ostrich interior. Also note the license plate - #1. He pays a fortune for his license plates (millions). He doesn't like cars. It's all part of the show. He wants to be a big player and these are his show-off toys to announce that he's made it and so he can buy into the society he wants to be a part of.

JetBlast

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Good point Zjpj.

Still, the car looks good at least. But if I lived in Dubai, the Burj al Arab would not be my first choice for a residence. Kind of tacky.

JB

DNW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by zjpj83
On the contrary, he has no taste. Everything that he gets he has customized and then has big plaques stating it's "1 of 1 limited edition" or something like that. He has the Zonda that's yellow with yellow ostrich interior. Also note the license plate - #1. He pays a fortune for his license plates (millions). He doesn't like cars. It's all part of the show. He wants to be a big player and these are his show-off toys to announce that he's made it and so he can buy into the society he wants to be a part of.

I suspected that much, thus the comment

Originally Posted by DarkNWorn
At least this dude has taste, or paid for someone who does.

Artisan Fan

Suitsupply-sider
Reaction score
Originally Posted by zjpj83

That's just sad. And yellow ostrich never is in style.

Nantucket Red

"Mr. Fashionista"
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LabelKing
I don't know who this Pegaso they reference is, but the most noted auto Pegaso was the very exclusive government-sponsered Spanish car factory that was built on the remains of the old Hispano-Suiza works. This was a small departure from their usual fare of trucks and such.

Wifredo Ricart was the engineer who actually did indeed work for Alfa Romo pre-war, and also was a competitor to Ferrari, the man.

img03pop.jpg

In fact, I don't really think there was a coachbuilder named Pegaso that worked with Alfa and Ferrari during the '50s. I'm convinced this person made the whole thing up.

Now, there's a beautiful car. It reminds me of the Facel Vega.

Top Gear's Veyron vs airplane race was a fun little jaunt. Other than that, I don't care if I never see another Veyron again.

zjpj83

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Pegasus = the immortal winged horse
This car has more horsepower than standard.

I think that's as far as the logic went. My guess is he wasn't making an allusion to any classic car.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads