• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Transparent Moderation Log & Site Topics - Part I

Status
Not open for further replies.

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Just so you know, we do appreciate it when you report spam posts, (more than we appreciate a reply that just says
spam[1].gif
and draws more traffic to the spam), but you only need to report a spammer once, not on every post, because when we kill them off it does all their threads/posts at once.

FYI.

tiecollector

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What is this "Referrals" I see in my profile? If we refer 10 people, do we get an extra discount?

rnoldh

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Illustrious leaders,
There was a thread this morning that included a lot about the Darren Beamann brouhaha, and the thread had replies by Manton and Will. Also many links to the FNB site, and the typical craziness there. And to top it off, edmorel contributed in his inimitable way.

It was a great thread. Especially for those of us that weren't here during the Beamann era. I came back from lunch and it was gone
confused.gif

Did the thread disappear, and why if I may ask?

JetBlast

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Cool, thanks J. I feel like the spam butcher.

JB

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rnoldh
Illustrious leaders,
There was a thread this morning that included a lot about the Darren Beamann brouhaha, and the thread had replies by Manton and Will. Also many links to the FNB site, and the typical craziness there. And to top it off, edmorel contributed in his inimitable way.

It was a great thread. Especially for those of us that weren't here during the Beamann era. I came back from lunch and it was gone
confused.gif

Did the thread disappear, and why if I may ask?

http://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?t=40813

deputamadre

Reaction score
Not sure if this is the right place to post this, but
A couple weeks ago the user 'alsback' was selling a pair of APC New Standards.
I PM'd him and we agreed upon a price and such. He gave me his paypal ID and ebay username. I sent him payment via paypal, which he received. I have sent him multiple PM's to no avail. He has been using the forum, but clearly not responding to me.
I was out of town for the past week, and had hoped that maybe the item would have been shipped in that time, but I have yet to hear anything. I just opened a dispute w/ Paypal, so hopefully this will resolve something.

Any advice on what I should do, or that the moderators can do?

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi deputamadre,

Unfortunately, there is nothing that the mods can do about situations like yours. The buying and selling forum is there as a courtesy only. Perhaps you can post your complaints in the "Ebay experiences" thread that is there.

rnoldh

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
At least once a day I get a "Server Busy", message when I'm browsing SF, and I can't get get on SF.

It can be while I'm switching between specific forums or when I refresh the page.

Usually, I'll get the Server Busy message for a couple of minutes before I can get back on.

Is this happening to many SF members?

marc237

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rnoldh
At least once a day I get a "Server Busy", message when I'm browsing SF, and I can't get get on SF.

It can be while I'm switching between specific forums or when I refresh the page.

Usually, I'll get the Server Busy message for a couple of minutes before I can get back on.

Is this happening to many SF members?

Less than 5 minutes ago it happened to me.

Tomasso

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tiecollector
What is this "Referrals" I see in my profile?

I'm curious as well.

yachtie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm getting this ( see the bottom) pretty frequently:

Support the forum: Buy from FIH Ties, ShopTheFinest, YOOX, Bluefly, STP, and more!

Style Forum
vBulletin Message
Welcome, yachtie.

User CP FAQ Members List Calendar New Posts My Posts Search Quick Links Log Out

Show Threads Show Posts
Advanced Search
Search the site using Google

Enter your search terms
Submit search form
styleforum.net Web

Quick Links
Today's Posts
Mark Forums Read
Open Buddy List
User Control Panel
Edit Signature
Edit Profile
Edit Options
Miscellaneous
Private Messages
Subscribed Threads
My Profile
Who's Online

My Posts
My Posts
Threads I started
Threads I posted in

Go to Page...

vBulletin Message
The server is too busy at the moment. Please try again later.