• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

(Old) What Are You Wearing Now/Today? Part II - pictures only - no discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
Yah when I saw the black vneck of that tee with the drapped pocket I thought the $185 didn't need to have that 1 in there.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SoCal2NYC
Yah when I saw the black vneck of that tee with the drapped pocket I thought the $185 didn't need to have that 1 in there.

You have to give it to them if they can sell it though. The margins are bananas. Even if they had the stuff manufactured at a US or Canadian factory, they could have sold the shirts in the $80 range and been making good margins. As is, they are essentially printing money.

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
Well I guess I know why he was sitting next to me at Del Posto.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well I guess I know why he was sitting next to me at Del Posto.

Hah
laugh.gif

"I'll trade you that misto for this t-shirt, Mario, deal?"

Seriously though, that place is muy expensive. Makes Babbo prices seem like the Olive Garden. So, what did you think? Maybe we ought to open a new thread in a more suitable subforum.

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
I've been to Del Posto 3x and never let down. I like sitting up in the blacony than the main floor. I've never been downstairs to the Enoteca. Babbo was good; but, the whole reservation thing is anoying.

This could be further discussed in Restaurant Reccomendations (which I already think it was).

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Socal great sweater, this past spring?

Never look at jil sander too closely when I go to barneys.

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jet
Socal great sweater, this past spring?

Never look at jil sander too closely when I go to barneys.

I got it at Saks Beverly Hills from SP 06 which was the in house design team between Jil's last and Raf's first.

corbu

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Saucemaster
wayw0731-1.jpg

And a side view pic I took accidentally, but turned out okay... though it kind of looks like I'm about to moonwalk:

wayw0731side.jpg

H&M polo, some undershirt, PBJ, Paul May.

those shoes are a really nice color

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Love it.

When it gets cooler I might have to bust out the vb houndstooth v neck in your honor.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've been to Del Posto 3x and never let down. I like sitting up in the blacony than the main floor. I've never been downstairs to the Enoteca. Babbo was good; but, the whole reservation thing is anoying.
Haha. We apparently have completely the opposite inclinations. I hate balconies, and love basements.

I don't believe that I am derailing this thread, but I promise that this is it.

lance konami

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sauce - you're the only one I know of that can rock a t-shirt under a polo and not look like a douche. Having said that, I do think it would look even better without the undershirt peeking out of the neck and bottom. And those are bad ass shoes.

tangerine

Reaction score

supreme
junya watanabe
number (n)ine
tg mk II
costume national

lance konami

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Different looking jeans tangerine....not sure if I like them, but they are unique.

Saucemaster

Sized Down 2
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lance konami
Sauce - you're the only one I know of that can rock a t-shirt under a polo and not look like a douche. Having said that, I do think it would look even better without the undershirt peeking out of the neck and bottom. And those are bad ass shoes.

Thanks, man. No undershirt is not an option for me in the summers here, with the humidity. No one wants to see unsightly sweat stains. I could tuck it in, but I liked the contrast. :shrug:

My personal opinion on layering two shirts, especially a shirt under a polo, is either: make sure that the neckline of the undershirt is low, or: make sure that the top shirt is unbuttoned quite far, so that it is obvious that you're showing the undershirt intentionally. What looks lame and douchey (to me) is when someone has a normal crew neck t-shirt underneath a polo that's buttoned all the way up except for the top button. But in any case I prefer low v's or a tank top under polos once it gets hot enough to require an undershirt. In the pic above, I was actually unaware that the undershirt was showing a little at the neck when I took the picture.

lance konami

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Saucemaster
Thanks, man. No undershirt is not an option for me in the summers here, with the humidity. No one wants to see unsightly sweat stains. I could tuck it in, but I liked the contrast. :shrug: My personal opinion on layering two shirts, especially a shirt under a polo, is either: make sure that the neckline of the undershirt is low, or: make sure that the top shirt is unbuttoned quite far, so that it is obvious that you're showing the undershirt intentionally. What looks lame and douchey (to me) is when someone has a normal crew neck t-shirt underneath a polo that's buttoned all the way up except for the top button. But in any case I prefer low v's or a tank top under polos once it gets hot enough to require an undershirt. In the pic above, I was actually unaware that the undershirt was showing a little at the neck when I took the picture.
Yeah, I agree. By the way, that t-shirt seems to have a very low neck line, is it a wife beater?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 84 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 85 37.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.1%

Forum statistics

Threads