• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The wish list.

Tyto

Reaction score
Huntsman, is it just the angle of the pic, or does its profile really resemble an XJ-S that closely?

DNW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tyto
[*]Something obscenely nice for Mrs. Tyto (maybe a senator or rep.?)[/list]

You want to hook your wife up with a politician? It doesn't seem that difficult.

Tyto

Reaction score
Originally Posted by DarkNWorn
You want to hook your wife up with a politician? It doesn't seem that difficult.

I probably could've worded that more clearly.
blush.gif
She has certain policy interests for which a congressman might be useful.

Bergdorf Goodwill

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A GPS, a college education, an end to the tedium.

Huntsman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tyto
Huntsman, is it just the angle of the pic, or does its profile really resemble an XJ-S that closely?

No, it's not just the angle -- the Listers are highly modified XJ-Ss. The top of the line variants are running 7.0L, 600+ hp twin supercharged V-12s. The other pictures are here: http://www.autogespot.nl/viewimages.php?id=1165826ea

They are quite rare...

JBZ

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Realistically:

- a few new ribbon belts
- a couple of new polo shirts
- a new bicycle
- a new digital camera (haven't researched this yet)

Maybe someday:

- a few new (or vintage) watches, including an Omega Seamaster and a Rolex Submariner (please, no Rolex debates)

- a second honeymoon (the barrier to this right now is children, rather than money)

Pie in the sky:

- House on the Connecticut shore (or any shore, really)

imageWIS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JBZ
Realistically:

- a few new ribbon belts
- a couple of new polo shirts
- a new bicycle
- a new digital camera (haven't researched this yet)

Maybe someday:

- a few new (or vintage) watches, including an Omega Seamaster and a Rolex Submariner (please, no Rolex debates)

- a second honeymoon (the barrier to this right now is children, rather than money)

Pie in the sky:

- House on the Connecticut shore (or any shore, really)

How about a Sea-dweller?
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Jon.

rdawson808

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Realistically:

--A navy suit
--A pair of black monks
--New dishwasher (yay)
--Something nice for Mrs. 808 (maybe a ring to replace one that was stolen).

Within ten years:

--A Honda Element hybrid
--A platform bed with storage drawers underneath (hopefully sooner than 10 yrs)

Dreaming:
--Some sleek little sports car like a Lotus
--A new condo in the sky with at least 2bds, a library, a huge kitchen, and a three garage parking spots. Overlooking Central Park.
--Early retirement

b

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I just want to own my own place, preferably a new luxury condo in a modern open concept style with dark wood cabinets, granite counters, Viking or Thermador stove and big windows, in or near downtown montreal.

There's some really nice ones going up. Realistically, it'll be a couple of years before I buy anything because I haven't decided whether i'm staying or leaving. Plus, it's worth waiting a couple years b/c my salary will be considerably higher and I'll be able to buy the sort of place I really want.

TheHoff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tokyo Slim
What is absurd is that you can get an 8GB Sansa ($164.88), a pair of Grado SR 60's ($62.10) And a 2gb MicroSD card to upgrade to 10GB ($21.47) for less than same price as an 8gb iPod. ($249)

the configuration I've been thinking about recently is a 4 or 6Gb, SR 60's (or a sealed can Sennheiser HD205 for $20 less) and the micro SD card

While I would never argue against Sennheisers, have you tried a decent IEM? I have these: Westone UM2 and they rock. I don't know what kind of power the Sansa pushes but the IEMs sound great with the smaller amps in most portables... another plus is they block out the idiots around you.

And on my list....................

1. A BBQ! Probably one of those condo sized Webers; they look so high tech like I'd come back in time, from the near future, to do some grilling.

weber_q300.jpg

JBZ

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by imageWIS
How about a Sea-dweller?
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Jon.

Absolutely. The biggest problem with buying a vintage Rolex (if you're inclined to own them in the first place), is that, from what I've seen, the vintage market doesn't really give you that much of a bargain. With other mid-tier watches (such as Omega), you can get substantial savings. Thus, I think a vintage (or even new) Omega is a possibility for me. A vintage or new Rolex would be a stretch for me at this point (though I did purchase a datejust in my younger, unmarried, childless, more money days).

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I have simple wishes - I wish that my twin babies would sleep through the night so that I can ******** again, one day.

T4phage

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Leica M8 without the problems of the first generation
frown.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads