• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Sierra Trading Post coupons?

SuitingStyle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SuitingStyle
from Fat Wallet, but its 2 weeks away

"Heads up! On Tuesday, July 31st and Thursday, August 2nd, you'll be able to get a coupon valid for 30% off your online purchase of $125 by going to: http://myfamilytime.amexnetwork.com/# Coupon will only be available on those 2 days, not before."

here is the link , if you go to the button "I want it", it prompts you to enter your info to check if you are a member . I am suspecting then they will give you a code for 30% off if you are a legit card member ........ Amex is running a sales special with STP, yesterday they had a code for 15% off, today is 30% , but needs member verification ......

TheHoff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'll get the card from my wife if I can today; if not, Aug.2nd, and see if there is a coupon at the other end.

SuitingStyle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
thanks man, just an FYI , there is an influx of new Isaia suits they just put on STP last week, and they have the 20% sale ending today, so today is the last day you could stack the 30% with the 20% ........

TheHoff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
thanks man, just an FYI , there is an influx of new Isaia suits they just put on STP last week, and they have the 20% sale ending today, so today is the last day you could stack the 30% with the 20% ........

Wow I'd be impressed if they stacked. It will be impossible for me to get it until late tonight so maybe someone else with an Amex can try the form.

romafan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Never had luck w/ stacking....
frown.gif

CunningSmeagol

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
does anyone have an Amex Card? The 30% off coupon is active now, but you need to a card memeber. I think it is just a code.........

It's not just a code. You need an AMEX card to get the link, and you need to pay with an AMEX card.

Ed

lawyerdad

Lying Dog-faced Pony Soldier
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RunningBeagle
It's not just a code. You need an AMEX card to get the link, and you need to pay with an AMEX card.

Ed

You don't actually need to pay with the AMEX -- it allowed me to change payment options at checkout, without changing the total price. Just FYI.

teddieriley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lawyerdad
You don't actually need to pay with the AMEX -- it allowed me to change payment options at checkout, without changing the total price. Just FYI.

Sweet. so what did you buy? Does it give a generic code or do you input the Amex cc # in order to re-tally the price then change?

I'm tempted on the Sutors on the cross post, but I must resist...

lawyerdad

Lying Dog-faced Pony Soldier
Reaction score
Originally Posted by teddieriley
Sweet. so what did you buy? Does it give a generic code or do you input the Amex cc # in order to re-tally the price then change?

I'm tempted on the Sutors on the cross post, but I must resist...

I bought the Sutors, plus some "delicates". Almost bought an Isaia suit, since wonder of wonders they had a 40L, but at the last minute I realized it was center-vented and nixed it.

Here's how it worked for me. You go to the AMEX site and enter your card info for validation. Then it gives you a link to STP. Follow that link to STP, and after you select your items the little space for entering a code will read "promo entered" or something like that, and there will be a notation that your "30% booster" has been applied. (As far as I can tell, you can't stack or combine the 30% with any other code.) Then just choose whatever payment method you want. (For what it's worth, I tried paying by paypal, had trouble getting it to validate, then chose the option of selecting a different payment method and just put it directly on my Visa. I can't imagine the interim step of unsuccessfully trying to pay by paypal is necessary, but for the sake of completeness I'm throwing that out there.)

teddieriley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks LD! So you got the Sutor monks...nice, very nice.

SuitingStyle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
sign ........ I need to get myself an Amex card, missed out on an Isaia suit and that Sutor monk for not having the Amex card
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif

TheHoff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
sign ........ I need to get myself an Amex card, missed out on an Isaia suit and that Sutor monk for not having the Amex card
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif

It was only 30% though; LD said it wouldn't stack to 50%. Another 30% will come up soon I'm sure.

dr.no

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by TheHoff
It was only 30% though; LD said it wouldn't stack to 50%. Another 30% will come up soon I'm sure.

The Amex 30% link should be valid again for one day tomorrow, 8/2.

TheHoff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Maybe LD can post that link that AMEX generates to STP; if it is like other STP coupon links, it will work for anyone and for unlimited uses.

thinman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lawyerdad
I bought the Sutors, plus some "delicates". Almost bought an Isaia suit, since wonder of wonders they had a 40L, but at the last minute I realized it was center-vented and nixed it. Here's how it worked for me. You go to the AMEX site and enter your card info for validation. Then it gives you a link to STP. Follow that link to STP, and after you select your items the little space for entering a code will read "promo entered" or something like that, and there will be a notation that your "30% booster" has been applied. (As far as I can tell, you can't stack or combine the 30% with any other code.) Then just choose whatever payment method you want. (For what it's worth, I tried paying by paypal, had trouble getting it to validate, then chose the option of selecting a different payment method and just put it directly on my Visa. I can't imagine the interim step of unsuccessfully trying to pay by paypal is necessary, but for the sake of completeness I'm throwing that out there.)
LD, not only are we the same size, we have similar tastes.
frown.gif
I bought a pair of the Sutor monks yesterday using the code 55775 to get 20% off, since I don't have an AMEX card. I also tried clicking in through a link on their homepage advertising 20% off and when I didn't get a discount, I called. Customer service told me I _was_ getting a discount, off the regular price. She objected mightily to me characterizing the banner on the homepage as a phantom discount, saying that anything not already listed at more than 20% off retail would be discounted to 20% off retail. Hah! How many items have you seen on STP discounted less than 20%? So, I tried several discount codes from a prior STP coupon thread until one worked. Love the monks, BTW!! I saw them at a NM in Dec-Jan and almost paid full retail.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads