• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Camron thinks so.

clairecamronnz7.jpg

tiecollector

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by j
Camron thinks so.

And those tats in her avatar are hers? Who would have thought. Well, I almost forgive her now.
devil.gif
She'll have to stay a week at my reform school, which specializes in bedside manner.

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I don't think so. But good luck with your fantasy... pics pls, etc.

Saucemaster

Sized Down 2
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rdawson808
People who will not let you get off the elevator before they get on. Are you kidding me? Have you learned absolutely no manners? Were you raised in a forest?
The elevators in my building are a constant source of fuel for my already worrisome misanthropy. This one in particular irritates me endlessly. Part of me wants to just let it go and chalk it up to "people are assholes", but a bigger part of me wants to say, "well if we're going to relax the social niceties and start jockeying for position, how about I put a foot behind your legs and give you a nice 'accidental' shove to the chest? Oh, sorry about that, didn't see you there. I was getting out of the elevator, you know? Figured no one would be trying to get in until I was finished. Sorry that your orange juice broke and spilled everywhere, but I'm in a terrible hurry and can't be bothered to do things like help clean up a mess that I made. Thanks for understanding!" In lieu of that, I've taken to simply walking directly toward them while maintaining eye contact. It's amusing to watch the person's expression go from nervous to annoyed to (sometimes) sheepish. If it makes it all the way to sheepish I feel kind of bad about mad dogging them, since I take it as a sign that they probably just forgot or were lost in thought, but it rarely does. Usually they stick at annoyed.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Taxes.

Especially where you're filing on 1099 earnings.

Especially since congress keeps changing the Tax Code, and the 'brief summary' version of it is 859 pages, and reading a single page feels like rolling a rock uphill in the July sun.

Don't get me started on contractor-related deductions.

Oh, and please, please don't get me started on their mis-application of payments to the wrong tax year, resulting in threat letters from IRS revenue agents who can't seem to read their screen and see a massive overpayment in 2006 that happens to match the balance due in 2005. Coincidences abound!!!

And I forgot to mention the agent I got on the phone after the first letter, who told me that I had to wait for the account to be assigned to a revenue agent in order for the deposits to be shifted to the right tax year. Well, thank you for your help Agent Smith, who neglected to mention that Revenue Agent = threat letters!!!

Dragon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by flylot74
People who block the entire lane of a moving walkway at airports. It's not a carnival ride, OK?

laugh.gif
I`m the one usually doing the blocking, because I usually stand next to my wife. If people are in such a hurry, they shouldn`t take the moving walkway.

Same thing for escalators. If you are in such a hurry, take the stairs.
devil.gif

rdawson808

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dragon
Same thing for escalators. If you are in such a hurry, take the stairs.
devil.gif

Today in the metro the escalators were turned off (the "up" must have been broken) so those of us leaving were taking up three lanes, as it were, and there was only one coming down. After all, there are easily 10X as many of us so it's only fair. As I got to the top of the "down" escalator" some guy walked in front of me coming down and made a nasty comment about us using the other escalator. I proceeded to lower my shoulder into his sternum and move him out of my way.

The moral of the story: Do not **** with commuters on the escalators. We have a mission and there are rules that guide that mission. If you break the rules (such as 'stand on the right, walk on the left') you will pay for it.

b

romafan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Today in the metro the escalators were turned off (the "up" must have been broken) so those of us leaving were taking up three lanes, as it were, and there was only one coming down. After all, there are easily 10X as many of us so it's only fair. As I got to the top of the "down" escalator" some guy walked in front of me coming down and made a nasty comment about us using the other escalator. I proceeded to lower my shoulder into his sternum and move him out of my way.

The moral of the story: Do not **** with commuters on the escalators. We have a mission and there are rules that guide that mission. If you break the rules (such as 'stand on the right, walk on the left') you will pay for it.

b

Didn't you get into a fight on the metro before?
confused.gif
It sounds like you were the one breaking the rules...

rdawson808

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by romafan
Didn't you get into a fight on the metro before?
confused.gif
It sounds like you were the one breaking the rules...

No, that was "being assaulted by a crazy guy". (We were just standing there riding the escalator down.)

In this case I was at a station that in the mornings has primarily people getting off to go to work (no one lives there, lots of gov't offices around). The two escalators were both turned off so the many many people coming off the trains were going up both the "up" escalator and half of the "down".

In my mind the rule in this case is: there's 10X as many people getting off here so give them the right of way. Everyone else (except this guy) seemed to view it that way too.

b

JetBlast

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sometimes it is necessary to physically remove people from your way on the Metro. Especially when I am getting off my train at Reagan Airport and have 3 to 5 minutes to sprint to the employee bus, and there's a bunch of travelers chatting on their cell phones in front of me. Get the hell out of the way, I need to get to work.

JB

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Two city buses arrive at your stop at the same time. Although they are the same line, one bus is going to a stop further along the route. That bus, which you take because your destination is near the end of the line, deliberately drives by your stop because the driver assumes that everyone at your stop will be getting off the bus by the end of the shorter route and thus can be served by the other bus.
angry.gif

romafan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
No, that was "being assaulted by a crazy guy". (We were just standing there riding the escalator down.)

In this case I was at a station that in the mornings has primarily people getting off to go to work (no one lives there, lots of gov't offices around). The two escalators were both turned off so the many many people coming off the trains were going up both the "up" escalator and half of the "down".

In my mind the rule in this case is: there's 10X as many people getting off here so give them the right of way. Everyone else (except this guy) seemed to view it that way too.

b

Well, as long as 1/2 the 'down' was left open for people actually going down. I often see the situation you've described and the people pouring out of the train just take up the entire stairway - "tough **** for you folks trying to get down the stairs, majority rules!". While the guy trying to go against the flow was acting pretty clueless, shouldering him out of the way is still an asshole move, IMO. Then again, some folks seem to relish a physical altercation...
boxing[1].gif

Dragon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
b

laugh.gif
If you say excuse me I always move, but otherwise I never move. If the person behind touches my beloved suit with his cheap, dusty suit I will make sure I block him for as long as possible. If he steps on my shoes, I will probably be the one doing the tackling!
devil.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads