• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Recent purchases

Status
Not open for further replies.

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Frittata
Is it for real? Can't believe it..considering your way of dressing

not sure what that statement means?
confused.gif

Justin, you're still lagging son.....get a sleeve or backpiece!

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Frittata
Is it for real? Can't believe it..considering your way of dressing
confused.gif

No it is one of those new fake tattoos that even causes redness around it.

What does dressing have to do with tattoos?
I have 8 blue stars on my left pec.

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Get Smart
confused.gif

Justin, you're still lagging son.....get a sleeve or backpiece!

Shut your hole.

The guy who did it, Jaoa (or whatever..Joe is in Portuguese/Brazillian) Paolo Sena, has an awesome crysanthenum sketch that he was doing someone which is one of the 3 flowers (Lotus blossum, cherry and crysanth) I want on the half sleeve I've wanted for a few years. It would be on that Japanese wave/water background with the flowers and some branches running through it.

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chronoaug
I've wanted to get a hidden nerdy tatoo one of these days. Maybe Mog from FFVI or something like that.

Hahah that is awesome. This guy I used to do had a green Mario Brothers mushroom with (1 Up) on his left oblique.

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Stopped by at BArneys Co-op in Chevy Chase to "look around" ended up picking up a few items w/extra 30% off. I'm not happy with myself but I feel like I "needed" them.

The items:

Engineered Garments khaki trouser. A bit tight at the waist but the salesman said it'd stretch a bit and are meant to be short (no, they arent high waters).
Co-Op V-neck sweater. Fit is fine. Navy with light blue and green stripes. 85% cotton, %15 Cashmere
Nice Collective. Long-sleeve t-shirt. Very slim fitting but feels good. Would be alot nicer (IMO) if it werent for the logo.

Total Damage: $159
Retail: $515

I may consider posting photos if requested

chronoaug

Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SoCal2NYC
Hahah that is awesome. This guy I used to do had a green Mario Brothers mushroom with (1 Up) on his left oblique.

I like that mushroom idea a bunch. I'm a huge j-rpg fan and i figure i'll get something like that one day. I want it very small and discreet though. Otherwise i'd try to get a full Yoshitaka Amano sketch or something. I'm not going to lie. My ring tones are Kefka's theme(ffvi), the red wings theme (ffiv) and the moogle theme (ffvi). I love em'.

kronik

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Chocobos > moogles.

I've seen moogle tattoos.

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
If I were on this forum 3 years ago I would be putting "Gil for FF Online" in this thread.

frown.gif

Frittata

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Get Smart
confused.gif

Well... I meant that he dresses like a dandy - and in my limited pov - tatoos are unusual.

life_interrupts

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just purchased Robert Graham khaki poplin jacket (center vent, notched lapel) w/patch pockets, functional gauntlet buttons and a Ben Sherman window pane fitted button down, both from Filene's Basement for $70 total.

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
...thanks?

dgb

Reaction score
Nothing particularly special, but Uniqlo had some decent S/S basics on sale, and the start of their A/W lines, so I picked up a bunch of things. Really impressed with the A/W items, much better than the summerwear (way too much linen...), and the sizing is bang on for me.

Got myself a pair of the new selvage jeans too, in black (they've got quite a blue-black colour in fact) - feel pretty decent, nice enough denim, and a few details like coin-pocket selvage. Come in a very slightly wrinkled finish which is a bit odd, but it doesn't really show when wearing them, and now I've soaked them it's pretty much gone
smile.gif
Anyway, some pics:

uniqlo.jpg

uniqlo_jeans.jpg

selvage.jpg

pocket_selvage.jpg

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dgb
Got myself a pair of the new selvage jeans too, in black (they've got quite a blue-black colour in fact) - feel pretty decent, nice enough denim, and a few details like coin-pocket selvage. Come in a very slightly wrinkled finish which is a bit odd, but it doesn't really show when wearing them, and now I've soaked them it's pretty much gone

wonder if you'll get flooded with requests to get those Uniqlos for other forumees

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads