• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

(Old) What Are You Wearing Now/Today? Part II - pictures only - no discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

sforzando

Reaction score
Originally Posted by drizzt3117
Another tucked shot, let the wonders cease... more modern trad, but with more modern pieces.

Etro OCBD
Belvest navy windowpane blazer
RRDS
Random Italian Belt
Zara laceup boots

19la9.jpg

Bonus pic that got overexposed.

20cm2.jpg

I have one criticism of how you dress. With so many dry jeans you are sort of missing the point- they all look brand new and unbroken in. Wear one pair til they are beatiful and let them mold to you. I hate how impersonal your enormous denim collection is.

Asch

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Drizz, that's the best I've seen you look in jeans. The tuck does wonders for your proportions, and the RRDS is a perfect fit for you, with a nice break.
Originally Posted by The Mayor
Yeah, that's the problem with me and jeans. I have big hips but otherwise skinny (29-30" waist), so even low-rise jeans sit high on me.
Yeah, the hip flare is noticeable on those jeans, but not too bad. I assume you have long legs and a high waist too, and you're already wearing these jeans 3-4" below your navel? If so, you may want to search for jeans with a tighter top block (relative to their waist size) as your next pair. My hip flare problems were eliminated when I got jeans with a boxier top block and a mid- to low-rise (Iron Heart 634S and Eternal 811 in my case). The APC New Standards are often recommended as an affordable jean with a modern slim cut.

A Harris

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by drizzt3117
19la9.jpg

]

I think this is the best fitting denim, on you, that you've posted. Once they soften up, especially the knees, they will be perfect.

I think the tucking thing is working for you, you look more balanced. The collar on the shirt isn't working for you though, it is too high.

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
Drizzt, you need to become a permanent member of my "Tucked Only" club for men. The past few tucked fits have looked 1000x better on you, so much more flattering

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Omegablogger
YMC jacket

nice. I just saw that jacket the other week and it's a really cool lightweight jacket. I like the buttondown collar detail too. These jeans look much better than your previous pic with the blazer.

The_Mayor

Reaction score
Thanks for the tips, Asch. I went back and read your previous post pn hip flare. You have a very similar frame to mine-- 5'9", 148 lbs, 29-30" waist but wide hips and short torso.

So the Iron Hearts worked out for you? How low do you wear them? My jeans always look high waisted, even when they're down near ****** crack.

life_interrupts

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Calvin Klein Trouser-cut denim
Calvin Klein navy pocketed polo
Robert Wayne cognac colored slip-ons with center seam
Perry Ellis cognac colored belt
(Casual Friday)

Baron

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Love that YMC jacket - where is it available?

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I noticed the Etro collar was pretty high also, but I think that's part of the fashion forward design of the brand. I figured it would give the look some visual interest. The blazer actually has a nice electric blue windowpane as well, but that doesn't photograph too well. Thanks for the comments on the look. I kinda like it also, and will try to throw together more tucked looks for certain occasions, but I will try to add some interesting details to keep the looks from appearing like I work at a business casual office and threw on some jeans for a night out.

sforzando,

I like all my denim to be very dark and appear dry. That's the reason I own so many pairs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads