• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

(Old) Ask a Question, Get an Answer - please ask all quick questions here

Status
Not open for further replies.

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by robbie
so I am assuming your technique is just to physically stretch the hell out of them while dry?

If you wet the jeans, they'll get more stretchy, so you can put them around a larger object and they will permanently stretch.

robbie

Pleading Poverty
Reaction score
thanks drizzt, I did not have anything large enough in diameter so I am gonna try using some clamps my dad had in the garage.

chanimal

Reaction score
i think im going to grab a few items from APC's fall/winter line, the problem is i'm not very familiar with their clothes except that i'm an xl in their dress shirts and living in canada i dont have the chance to try on most of their line, i'm pretty much set on the military jacket and the military parka, while i'm on the fence in regards to the narrow jacket (camel) and the jacquard pullover, i'm about 6'3 with a 44 chest do you think its best to go with an L or an Xl in regards to their outerwear, i think the parka might only come in an L anyways, thanks

2sweet

Reaction score
I'm thinking about buying some Levi's skinner jeans. But I hear that these are cut much more slim than most slim bootcuts. I usually wear a 30" waist in other brands, but should I size up and by how much (1" or 2" for skinners)? The nearest Levi's store with skinners is more than a two hour drive away, so I have to rely on e commerce.

Thanks.

2sweet

Bakes

Reaction score
How do Helmet of the Will tee's fit? I'm 6'3 and am debating between a L and XL.

Thanks.

TyCooN

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How does everyone figure out what color their denim will be in the end once it's done fading, besides looking at pictures of other peoples' faded junk?

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Bakes
How do Helmet of the Will tee's fit? I'm 6'3 and am debating between a L and XL.

Thanks.

FWIW, the model on Active Endeavors is about 6'1" and wears a medium. I am 5'11", and a small is the right length for me. A medium is way long and big.

drainpipe

Reaction score
Are Nice Collective jackets particularly slim? I'm looking for fall jackets and I'm debating between something like a medium Hare M65 or a small Nice Collective jacket.

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by TyCooN
How does everyone figure out what color their denim will be in the end once it's done fading, besides looking at pictures of other peoples' faded junk?
You ever buy from your town's science museum a soap bar that had a plastic figure of a dinosaur buried inside but they'd never tell you which one you could end up with so you had to bathe daily? It's like that.

zacharydschroeder

Reaction score
Originally Posted by 2sweet
I'm thinking about buying some Levi's skinner jeans. But I hear that these are cut much more slim than most slim bootcuts. I usually wear a 30" waist in other brands, but should I size up and by how much (1" or 2" for skinners)? The nearest Levi's store with skinners is more than a two hour drive away, so I have to rely on e commerce.

Thanks.

2sweet

I wear the same size in my Skinners as I do in all my other Levi's. What I think you'll notice more is that they're incredibly low rise (3 button fly), which obviously sizing up won't fix. Buy your normal size.

TyCooN

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by whodini
You ever buy from your town's science museum a soap bar that had a plastic figure of a dinosaur buried inside but they'd never tell you which one you could end up with so you had to bathe daily?

It's like that.

Thanks for the answer buddy. I like the gamble and surprise.
smile.gif

Calden

Reaction score
I'm going to order a pair of Frye Brando Lace Ups and was just wondering about sizing. I've read three reviews and they were all different: size up, size down, and true to size. Anyone with another opinion to tip the scale?

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Calden
I'm going to order a pair of Frye Brando Lace Ups and was just wondering about sizing. I've read three reviews and they were all different: size up, size down, and true to size. Anyone with another opinion to tip the scale?
All Fryes I've tried have been sized a bit big. If you're between sizes, get the smaller. I like my dress shoes snug and wear a 10.5 in them, and 10.5 in Fryes fits me even with an extra insole. Sneakers I usually wear an 11.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads