• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

(Old) What Are You Wearing Now/Today? Part II - pictures only - no discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

jpgm

Reaction score
braid - very nice, it'd be even better without the tie. everything always fits you perfectly. getsmart -
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
cult - best of luck with the gallery, hope it all goes really well for you. goblin -
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
badseeds - i'd love to see a better photo of that fit.

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
Yesterday:

Miu Miu trench
Prada 2btn black w/ faint dotted stripe suit
Jil Sander shirt
Jil Sander tie
Ferragamo black Meeting derby

miumiurain.jpg

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
Originally Posted by drizzt3117

Zegna (shortened to BoO proportions)
]

Are you standing lopsided or can the tailor not cut a straight line on a shirt hem?

shoreman1782

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
jpgm, harrington looks great.

cult, congrats on the new space. I'll be in Chicago this fall, maybe I'll stop in!

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
YSL mohair jacket w/ tigereye buttons
Jil Sander shirt
Martin Margiela chinos
Ferragamo brown Brisbane loafers

tiger.jpg

kallun

Reaction score
Razuel Well done!
Badseeds Looks effortless and great!
SoCal Can we please see the whole trench?

Resteröds cotton L/S with leather patches.
Raf by Raf Simons jeans
Buddhahood Saville Row shoes

reste-raf-front.jpg

reste-raf-back.jpg

chronoaug

Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)
Reaction score
Originally Posted by drizzt3117
I disagree. I think he should hem the jeans, but if he went with slim or skinny jeans the shoes would look enormous. A slim jean with a very slight bootcut might be the most flattering cut for him.
I never said skinny. I'm about his size from what i can see and 8-8.25" hem is normal. He's obviously past the fashion disaster stage but there's nothing wrong with subtle critique. I know he likes them and it's easier to accept a bootcut for your first forum jean than a straight leg or slightly tapered (also, slightly tapered doesn't mean skinny, i even made this point). I believe the bootcut ola is a really slim jean from the mid calf up. I'm not sure what the knee is but i'm guess about 8". I think making it 8" straight down or maybe slight boot like 8.25" would be fine. I also disagree that the shoes would look massive and throw the outfit off. He wouldn't be the first person to wear dress shoes with jeans with a straight or slightly tapered hem and it doesn't look bad or too big at all. If it was a really small 7" hem that barely fits on the shoe, then it'd look pretty bad and i would agree. I disagree that simply hemming them making them almost dangle over the shoes would look better. I think the problem is opening size, not length.

I think who, posted jet's best fit yet. Whatever happened to that 1-2 blurry mirror pics that jet actually took a few months ago. Did tim donaghy put together and photograph those fits or something? I'm confused

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SoCal2NYC
YSL mohair jacket w/ tigereye buttons

that YSL jacket is rad. I think there was a GQ spread a few months ago where Topher Grace was wearing the same jacket in blue and it's definite eye candy to see someone wearing it.

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
Yup there was a lighter almost robin egg blue version.

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chronoaug
I never said skinny. I'm about his size from what i can see and 8-8.25" hem is normal. He's obviously past the fashion disaster stage but there's nothing wrong with subtle critique. I know he likes them and it's easier to accept a bootcut for your first forum jean than a straight leg or slightly tapered (also, slightly tapered doesn't mean skinny, i even made this point). I believe the bootcut ola is a really slim jean from the mid calf up. I'm not sure what the knee is but i'm guess about 8". I think making it 8" straight down or maybe slight boot like 8.25" would be fine. I also disagree that the shoes would look massive and throw the outfit off. He wouldn't be the first person to wear dress shoes with jeans with a straight or slightly tapered hem and it doesn't look bad or too big at all. If it was a really small 7" hem that barely fits on the shoe, then it'd look pretty bad and i would agree. I disagree that simply hemming them making them almost dangle over the shoes would look better. I think the problem is opening size, not length.
When you hem a bootcut jean, the leg opening gets smaller, because the leg opening increases from knee to hem. The BOLA flares out only in the last few inches. Hemming a BOLA makes it a straight leg jean, or close to it. Anyways, I think hemming it a few inches would help with the stacking issue and also make it look a bit straighter, but I think a bigger leg opening isn't a bad thing for him anyways. I'm not sure what shoe size you wear chronoaug, but I believe Raz is like 13-13.5, so bigger leg openings help cover a bit of that.

cocostella

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
SoCal - Perfect balance between fashion and business. Digging the tie and trench in pic 1 and the jacket in pic 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads