• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

BMW 1-Series Coupe (and it's coming to America!)

DNW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LSeca
I looked up some info, it is based off teh e46 chassis and 8 inches shorter than the current 3 coupe. Def not as small as the 2002. Btw the tt 3.0 is better imo than the M3 six, better fuel economy, lighter, and a bit more powerful with slighly less redline. I think BMW is going after the tuner crowd with it as forced induction is very cheap to modify for more power.
How is it more powerful? The E46 M3's 3.2 liter engine makes 333hp. This 3.0 liter engine makes 300hp with twin turbo. I can see why it'll be popular, but it ain't easy playing with turbo. I can see some dumb 18 year old kid with too much money blowing the engine because he couldn't understand that twin 15psi turbos are too much for this car.

DNW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by BankerBoi
Could we please have a simple traditional dash, and no i-drive fits all ?

Love simple tactile colour coded state preserving rocker switches and knobs.

http://img113.imageshack.us/my.php?i...m003118xt9.jpg

I've always thought that BMW has been pretty sensible with the number of buttons they have and their placements. I even like the simplified version of the iDrive. I think the problem is that people want too much "customization," which means you have to come up with more buttons to accommodate that. If you want to blame someone, blame it on the people who wants more, for the sake of having more.

LSeca

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DarkNWorn
How is it more powerful? The E46 M3's 3.2 liter engine makes 333hp. This 3.0 liter engine makes 300hp with twin turbo. I can see why it'll be popular, but it ain't easy playing with turbo. I can see some dumb 18 year old kid with too much money blowing the engine because he couldn't understand that twin 15psi turbos are too much for this car.

The hp is closer to equal, according to the dyno charts and the manufacturer is being ultra conservative with the real numbers so the Ms don't look bad. The turbo is putting down 300 ft lbs tq at 1400 rpms (V8 numbers there), the 3.2 can't make near that power. In the BMW community, it is no secret a 335 is faster than an e46 M3 from a stop or a roll in a straight line. The M3 has the edge of course in handling but not in overall power. The psi is only around 6 lbs stock.

Trilby

Reaction score
I thought the 1 series was just a hatchback. Have they done a coupe version just for the US market?

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I can't help but compare this to the MB 190E, or the Baby Benz.

DNW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bigbadbuff
Any guesses on pricing?

Probably 3-5 grand below a comparable 3-series model.

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The side panels ruin it. I still prefer the e46 to the newer models.

BankerBoi

Reaction score
Originally Posted by acidicboy
I can't help but compare this to the MB 190E, or the Baby Benz.

190 (w201) became 220, 230K, and 240, 260, 280, 320, 350,
c32, c36, c43, c55, c63 (!) followed.

In the US, you cannot get anything smaller than a c300 now.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 81 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 83 37.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.4%

Forum statistics

Threads