• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

ZEGNA NAPOLI COUTURE SUIT 42L w/Blue/Grey Pinstripes

shakattk

Reaction score
This beautiful suit is the highest quality from Ermenegildo Zegna's Napoli Couture line. It features hand stitching all over the suit, including the lapel, chest and waist pockets and all seams. It is meant to compete with Kiton, having a soft shoulder and a hand tailored feel.

The suit is black, but is coming out looking shiny in the photos. It is a flat black worsted wool of the highest quality. If feels like Super 100s or better. See the photo with the Napoli Couture label and note the black around the label; that color is more accurate.

The pinstriping is blue with a faint grey border, matching many shirts including blue and white. Ties are great with the suit. My favorites are purple, blue, rust and brown or a combination thereof. The sleeves have functional button holes.

The suit has been stored exclusively on a wide-armed cedar hanger, keeping it in mint condition. I must admit that I splurged this past week on two suits and need to sell this one only because of space limitations in my closet. It is a great buy and will make a buyer very happy for years to come. I paid $2400 for it last year. I am asking $399 and am offering it first here before it goes to ebay.

Jacket measurements are: chest 46", waist 40", shoulder 19", length 33", sleeve 26". Pants measurements are waist 33.5", inseam 33".

1184821320.jpg

1184821354.jpg

1184821382.jpg

satorstyle

Reaction score
How many additional inches are in the waist? Also are the pants cuffed?

The Great Wazu

Reaction score
All I have to add is that this is a gorgeous looker at an unbeleivable price. If only it were my size -- best of luck!

chas

Reaction score
Originally Posted by satorstyle
How many additional inches are in the waist? Also are the pants cuffed?

+1

Can two inches be let out on the waist?

shakattk

Reaction score
Thanks for the compliment on the suit.

The tagged size is euro 52 L. The pants have 1.75" cuffs.

There is about 2" of fabric inside the waist, which my tailor says allows for a 1.5" waist line increase. Check with your tailor to be sure.

shakattk

Reaction score
Update: there is extra fabric in the pant cuff. There is about 1.75" on the outside of the leg and 2 3/4 on the inside of the leg. This extra fabric comes from having doubled up the fabric on both the inside and outside of the leg to create the cuff.

polarbear

Reaction score
is it really black? because it really looks charcoal in the pics, even though you said they were coming through shiny. if it were charcoal, i might be all over it...are the pants very slim?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads