• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Dating call back question…

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
at least made out severly. If not by the 2nd date, you're well on the path to "Good-friend-dom"

imageWIS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Get Smart
at least made out severly. If not by the 2nd date, you're well on the path to "Good-friend-dom"

A gentleman never tells, but let’s just say it was a very nice drive on the way back to my house. Also, it’s very clear to both of us: we are dating, none of this good friends nonsense.

Jon.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by imageWIS
A gentleman never tells, but let's just say it was a very nice drive on the way back to my house. Also, it's very clear to both of us: we are dating, none of this good friends nonsense.

Jon.

Bravissimo!!!
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

imageWIS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yeah, so apparently now she had plans for Friday and Saturday… and wants to get together Sunday…

I mean if she would rather spend time with her 'friends' and not cancel plans for me, then I'd better move on, no?

Jon.

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Yeah, so apparently now she had plans for Friday and Saturday… and wants to get together Sunday…

I mean if she would rather spend time with her 'friends' and not cancel plans for me, then I'd better move on, no?

Jon.

No offense, but have you ever had a girlfriend? I would just chill and take it as it comes. Relax and don't put so much pressure on her or on yourself.

imageWIS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by iammatt
No offense, but have you ever had a girlfriend?

I would just chill and take it as it comes. Relax and don't put so much pressure on her or on yourself.

Of course I have, but at the same time, they always wanted to make some room for me, I mean, I do the same for them. I don't want to only get together when she has no plans with anyone else. I mean, I'm just not going to bend to her will, this is a partnership, not a dictatorship.

Jon.

Sartorian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, so apparently now she had plans for Friday and Saturday... and wants to get together Sunday...

Jon.

Interesting thread. My response to your newest post:

You're really ready to jump ship a bit quickly on this. The girl digs your ****, you dig her ****, stop putting so much pressure on things. Many people, when they really like someone, will do their best to maintain some distance by continuing to hang out with friends and engaging in non-relationship activities. It doesn't instantly mean she doesn't like you, it means she's got her own life, and she's trying to maintain some autonomy while she's getting to know you. That's a good thing, and if you can respect it--and things work out--you'll find it to be a great thing down the road.

lawyerdad

Lying Dog-faced Pony Soldier
Reaction score
Of course I have, but at the same time, they always wanted to make some room for me, I mean, I do the same for them. I don't want to only get together when she has no plans with anyone else. I mean, I'm just not going to bend to her will, this is a partnership, not a dictatorship.
Jon.

Nobody's saying bend to her will. Unless I missed something, you're not at the "couple" stage yet. Who knows what her plans are? Assuming she had made these plans in advance and just overlooked them, it seems legitimate for her to want to honor a prior commitment but still make time in her schedule for you. But if you're busy Sunday (or was that the preceding Sunday, I've lost track), you shouldn't feel compelled to change your plans either.
I agree with the hippie matt, you should just like, chill, man.

imageWIS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lawyerdad
Nobody's saying bend to her will. Unless I missed something, you're not at the "couple" stage yet. Who knows what her plans are? Assuming she had made these plans in advance and just overlooked them, it seems legitimate for her to want to honor a prior commitment but still make time in her schedule for you. But if you're busy Sunday (or was that the preceding Sunday, I've lost track), you shouldn't feel compelled to change your plans either.
I agree with the hippie matt, you should just like, chill, man.

I'm not busy this upcoming Sunday.

Jon.

Saucemaster

Sized Down 2
Reaction score
Yeah, so apparently now she had plans for Friday and Saturday... and wants to get together Sunday...

Wow... for a second there, I could swear you were one of my ex-girlfriends.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 83 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 85 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.1%

Forum statistics

Threads